Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-21-2005, 11:04 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius
...where can I download it?
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...temId=73331256

only if using itunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

thanks, I am noob and if I had only pressed play on 118...
Old 08-21-2005, 11:19 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius
thanks, I am noob and if I had only pressed play on 118...
well welcome to KATG forums. prop your feet up
Old 08-21-2005, 12:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

kick ass show.. really thought it was the chris wauken skit was hilarious it sounded very like.. him pity i didnt catch it live il ave to keep an eye on the forums to find out the best time to be there and also in the chatroom.. cause i do be all alone in there any time i try to drop in.. peace out.. keep up the good work
Old 08-21-2005, 10:55 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd007
Great show, guys.

your show stands on it's own because it's a great show, and not because you call other podcast shows and leave audio comments plugging your podcast.

Let these shitty podcasters sit around blowing each other all day. When it really comes down to it, KatG will be on top and all the garbage will fall into the oblivion of lame podcasts out there.
No amount of cross-promotion can create a sustainable audience for any media property, unless it actually entertains the audience. I don't like some of the podcasts (or other media properties) that rate well - but, presumably, they are meeting the needs of their audiences.

Also KATG benefits from the existence and growth of the wider podosphere. Without it there could not have been KATG (as we know and love it) in the first place. And the expansion of the global podcast audience leads to bigger audiences for KATG.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:34 AM   #26 (permalink)

the only thing that will suck is that, as certain podcasters gain popularity, advertisers will come in and want a piece. good for the finances, but will the shows suffer? because once the advertisers are in they can start sayin, "don't say this because it's offensive to our potential customers." of course, they can say it all they want, but thanks to the lack of fcc control, the podcasters can just say fuck you and look for new sponsors. that is assuming they don't need the money or have signed some contract. unfortunately it would seem that the only way to have true freedom of speech is w/o corporate sponsorship. what does everyone else think?

as a sidebar...how long until the fcc ( :twisted: ) tries to rear it's ugly head in podcasting?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:38 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
the only thing that will suck is that, as certain podcasters gain popularity, advertisers will come in and want a piece. good for the finances, but will the shows suffer?
The beauty of podcasting is that access to the medium is virtually free and the content can be "do it yourself" - so advertisers aren't essential to pay for the infrastructure or production costs.

Podcasters will, therefore, have a choice as to whether they take advertising or sponsorship with whatever strings are attached - or whether they stay "free".

An alternative revenue model is subscription - which would be very easy to implement in iTunes. You pay, say, 10 cents per episode rather than get them free. This would preserve integrity as the podcaster's only obligation would be to the paying audience.

David B.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:02 AM   #28 (permalink)

GIS TECHS All the Way

Just a shout out to Scuba and the fellow GIS People.
Just wanted to express my excitement about hearing there are other people out there that are GIS Analysts I used to work for the City of Greenville in NC and now work for a COG in Texas. Referencing KATG and your Conversations about 911 addressing, My job is to make sure that the 911 addresses for the rural counties in Texas are routed correctly. I too have had many interesting experiances out there in hickville

Later

Great Live show you guys!
Old 08-22-2005, 09:37 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
the only thing that will suck is that, as certain podcasters gain popularity, advertisers will come in and want a piece. good for the finances, but will the shows suffer?
Like Dave mentioned, I think advertising is not essential in podcasting and I don't think it will ever become essential. Keith and Chemda actually have a pretty good model in place already to get a little something out of their podcasting efforts, without begging for donations. They have other projects and podcasting helps promote those projects, thus making money for them. And that in itself makes their show better than most. They can say "Here's our show, and if you like it, Keith has these DVDs, Chemda has her music, etc." They're not saying "Here's our show. Now give us money." And honestly, even if they did ask for donations based on the podcast alone, they'd have a more valid reason to ask than most other podcasts. Especially those shows that give you one or two shows per week.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

PS. Don't forget to donate at KeithandTheGirl.com. And secondly, yes, the show will suffer, so get it while it's hot.