Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Last Week on KATG

Last Week on KATG Bianca, Rod, and Karen wrap-up the week

Like Tree155Likes

Old 07-22-2020, 06:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Bianca,
you are loved
you are wonderful
you are cool
you are caring
you are smart
you are multifaceted
you laugh you cry and that is a awesome thing.
You should never feel ashamed for having feelings even when that makes you cry.
Keith, The Girl, litlokc and 4 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Less about Keith and more about me

So, I too felt a little triggered when Keith was yelling.
Normally this wouldn't bother me, normally I find it entertaining and also cathartic. I mean I often want to yell about the same things and hearing Keith do it makes me feel like I did as well, very cathartic. This time I tiered up along with Bianca. A different kind of cathartic release.

My situation now is so stressful I'm on the verge of tears at all times.
I'm on a special assignment for work for 5 weeks in Georgia. Originally the plan was to have them come with me for a period but with COVID going nuts here it means I'm alone and my family is home without me. I'm working or sitting in a hotel 24/7. Trying hard not to get infected. I have 3 weeks to go and it's almost unbearable.
Now add to that I've requested the company to support me on a 2 week quarantine when I return home. I appreciate this so much but it also means 2 more weeks before I see my family again and I'm all alone. Add to that the assignment is greatly stressful in and of itself.
In summary
This assignment is really stressful
I'm alone
I miss my family
I'm doing my best not to die
and I'm a month from that changing.
I also can't really talk to much about this to my wife, I have to consider she is going through much the same thing and is currently essentially single parenting our 10 year old son. I feel like I can't talk about it, this is the first time I've really talked about it. I have a lot of pent up stress.

Thank you Bianca, Keith, Chemda and the KaTG family for listening.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
And to be clear, all-anger-no-comedy is exactly what those moments should be if that's what's in Keith and/or Chemda's heart in those moments. None of this is a criticism of the show. It's just to point out Bianca shouldn't feel like a dummy for feeling that KATG isn't what she needs in some of those moments.
I couldn't agree more with the above statements.

We adore you Bianca! Don't be embarrassed. Your cry, like Keith's rants sometimes, was cathartic to hear. You expressed feelings that I've had about our world lately that I hadn't been able to make sense of or articulate myself yet. I'm probably not the only one that shed a few tears along with you.

Keith's rants are often cathartic to listen to when I share his opinion, but I have had to skip through until another topic comes up lately. All due respect, I love the show and respect the genuine expression. I too feel the need to yell at the covidiots. Personally, I'd like to explain to them how this pandemic has impacted my loved ones. I'd like to have them restrained and give them a painful PowerPoint presentation and six-hour documentary about the details of each sorrow and death we've endured during this. Believe me, I feel it too.

But these days, hearing those rants just perpetuates my anger. I just can't. It isn't Keith, it's everyone. I'm at once so happy that you are all on the team of safety, ethics, and thoughtful discussion, but I'm too also sensitive for it lately. I feel like our yelling is in an echo-chamber. I feel like no one who needs to hear it is listening. It's overwhelming at times. Like Bianca, it makes me feel more helpless and not any safer. It's just about every podcast I listen to, not singling this show out and I would never want Keith or Chemda to express themselves any differently.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
Aus

❤️❤️❤️
Keith and Scorpion like this.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Normally this wouldn't bother me, normally I find it entertaining and also cathartic. I mean I often want to yell about the same things and hearing Keith do it makes me feel like I did as well, very cathartic. This time I tiered up along with Bianca. A different kind of cathartic release.

I'm on a special assignment for work for 5 weeks in Georgia. Originally the plan was to have them come with me for a period but with COVID going nuts here it means I'm alone and my family is home without me. I'm working or sitting in a hotel 24/7. Trying hard not to get infected. I have 3 weeks to go and it's almost unbearable.
Now add to that I've requested the company to support me on a 2 week quarantine when I return home. I appreciate this so much but it also means 2 more weeks before I see my family again and I'm all alone. Add to that the assignment is greatly stressful in and of itself.
In summary
I'm alone
I miss my family
I also can't really talk to much about this to my wife, I have to consider she is going through much the same thing and is currently essentially single parenting our 10 year old son. I feel like I can't talk about it, this is the first time I've really talked about it. I have a lot of pent up stress.

Could you maybe take a covid test instead of isolating yourself when you come back?
Scorpion likes this.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Bianca,

Thank you for allowing yourself to be vulnerable with us. I feel like we are always supposed to be trying to have the stiff upper lip today, but you reminded me that it is really fucking hard out there and it is okay to not always be okay.

Thank you.

I love you.

And Keith is a meany-butt, with good intentions.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:31 AM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

In summary
I'm alone
I miss my family

Hey, Friend,

Where are you at in Georgia? I live in Kennesaw and work in Marietta. Both of my partners tested positive on July 7th. They had gone away for a few days and got tested at a rapid testing site before they came back to make sure they were safe and they weren't. The testing sites are Peachtree Immediate Med and there are 12 sites around the metro Atlanta area.

Send me a PM if you need to chat. That is what we are here for.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Now that everyone loves crying Bianca, will it be a new segment?
Keith, The Girl, Scorpion and 1 others like this.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:50 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLavender View Post
Hey, Friend,

Where are you at in Georgia? I live in Kennesaw and work in Marietta. Both of my partners tested positive on July 7th. They had gone away for a few days and got tested at a rapid testing site before they came back to make sure they were safe and they weren't. The testing sites are Peachtree Immediate Med and there are 12 sites around the metro Atlanta area.

Send me a PM if you need to chat. That is what we are here for.
How good that they got tested! How was it for them?
Scorpion likes this.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:00 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
How good that they got tested! How was it for them?
So far just cold symptoms, no fever. They have been lucky with very mild cases. Rapid testing is the only way we will stop the spread.