Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Last Week on KATG

Last Week on KATG Bianca, Rod, and Karen wrap-up the week

Like Tree66Likes

Old 11-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

127: Shows 3342 - 3344

I will keep my streak of mispronouncing guest names going. We were all over the place this week like JFOD's mind. Don't forget to read about 5G and let your third eye stay open. You never know what you will see. What is time?

Guest:
Karen Morrow

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Karen I also have view privilege. 100% for now.
Wonder how much longer but I'm grateful for 4 decades with no glasses.
The Girl, Scorpion and KayTBGWT like this.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Not bifocals but my glasses from Zenni and they were 46$ That’s with anti-scratch coating and anti glare coating. But I did get an eye exam from a different shop. I just used Zenni for the frame and lenses once I had a prescription.
Scorpion and Mado like this.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

These prices are going up I see...
Scorpion and KayTBGWT like this.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
These prices are going up I see...
yeah 7$ is a fucking lie but you can spend way less than the $400 I spent at lens crafters 3 years ago. You also mentioned needing transition bi-focals so that would be more.

Not trying to sell you on Zenni it's your $ do what you want but I did get glasses from them that were way cheaper than my previous experiences from lens crafters or similar stores.

Last edited by da_ticklah; 11-17-2020 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

No need to go to Etsy - the world is on it already
https://www.amazon.com/Earring-Wirel.../dp/B07ZY647Y3

Old 11-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

While listening to the JFOD episode I wanted someone to ask him if he was in a manic state right now. I definitely got manic vibes from the beginning part of the episode.

I'm glad to hear Andrea and JFOD had previously discussed a plan and she was able to take action. Even if it's just a "welfare check" sort of way, I feel better knowing professionals involved in his treatment are in the loop. I've heard JFOD say (on past podcasts) that if an episode is caught early, it's easier to turn it around and keep everything under control. I hope this is one of those times.

I'm not a conspiracy nutjob, but I do value keeping control of my online privacy. I was already using duckduckgo instead of google for the majority of my web searching. I already have a protonmail account. I've been using firefox as my browser, but JFOD inspired me to try out bravebrowser.

We love you JFOD and want the best for you. Keep being weird and take your pills psychopath!
Keith, Bucho, Scorpion and 3 others like this.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Zenni

I've been using Zenni Optical for several years and they are great glasses for a reasonable price.

My last order in late August 2020 was two pairs of complete progressive (what used to be called bi-focals) glasses for my wife and one frame only to fix up a pair she already had that the frame was broken on.

Grand total including shipping was $91.23.
https://imgur.com/a/fSehoTE

I would encourage Keith (or anyone who wears glasses) to pick out a frame and order a pair of glasses to have as a backup to the glasses you already have. It's cheap insurance for when you break or loose your everyday glasses. I don't have stock in them or anything, I'm just a satisfied customer.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Okay, so Karen was calling them "medicated glasses". Do people really say that or did she just mix up "prescription glasses" and "medicated glasses"?

They've always been "prescription glasses" to me. Because you need a prescription from your eye doctor to order them.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Weirdest laugh ??

Ok did anyone notice the odd different laugh at 35:50??? I was listening and cleaning and had to rewind to make sure it wasn’t some weird phone notification.

Who was that laughing ??