• 2 Post By joslingeneva
  • 1 Post By Joshua
  • 5 Post By Rufio
  • 3 Post By Bucho
  • 1 Post By Little_Miss_Khaos
  • 8 Post By rodimusprime
  • 6 Post By Newsy
  • 1 Post By littlp

Old 10-29-2019, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

81: Shows 3172 - 3175

This is an emotional episode of Last Week on KATG, and I think you’re going to love it. Keith apologizes, Chemda is bilingual, and Bianca’s feeling sensitive. Don’t miss this one, Last Week-lings.

Guest:
Bianca Brady

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

The Girl and Joshua like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Stocks.
The key is to buy the stock for less than the company is actually worth NOT what the stock market says its worth.

All companies have a fair market value like a used car. You can look up the "Kelley Blue Book Value" of a company on sites like Morning Star or Barrons. Or calculate it yourself based on the company financials.

For example CVS has a fair market value of about $95 per share. The current stock price is $66. So you are essentially getting 30% off that stock. I hope this helps folks.

But when in doubt just put some money in a index fund (Basically a fund that buys all the stocks so statistically when the market goes up you go up and on average over a 10 year period the market always goes up. )

Money is my passion if you guys want me to call in and explain this stuff let me know!
Bucho and porky2468 like this.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Happy to hear that Bryan (sp?) wasn’t an asshole. It seemed like maybe he’d annoyed Chemda, but I thought he was a great guest.

Also, bilingual comedy is really hard. It’s not just about the words, it’s about matching your pacing, nuances, and character. When I make jokes in my second language, I almost feel like a completely different person.
Bucho likes this.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslingeneva View Post
Stocks.
The key is to buy the stock for less than the company is actually worth NOT what the stock market says its worth.

All companies have a fair market value like a used car. You can look up the "Kelley Blue Book Value" of a company on sites like Morning Star or Barrons. Or calculate it yourself based on the company financials.

For example CVS has a fair market value of about $95 per share. The current stock price is $66. So you are essentially getting 30% off that stock. I hope this helps folks.

But when in doubt just put some money in a index fund (Basically a fund that buys all the stocks so statistically when the market goes up you go up and on average over a 10 year period the market always goes up. )

Money is my passion if you guys want me to call in and explain this stuff let me know!
Sucker. I put all my life's savings into Tron like Keith and Chemda suggested.
Keith, Bucho, porky2468 and 2 others like this.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Gosh darn it, I hope my own flippancy on the boards about your cancer hasn't bummed you out like you said Keith and Chemda's did Bianca - I guess I have the same self-protective instinct which is to joke about it to try to make it less scary, and felt like it was kind of riffing off how playful you've been about it yourself, but I get the analogue to joking about your mum. Or even your mom.

Hopefully it was still clear I remain a muh-hassive fan of yours and of course am one babillion % rooting for you in all aspects of what it means to be Bianca, and obviously right now the fight against the sickness is a huge part of being Bianca, so if you ever need to set up a crowd fund thing for medical bills and all that malarkey you know your peeps are out here and would sign up for that dealio quick smart.
jcro21, Joshua and Mado like this.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

I know zero things about cancer but just went through egg retrieval for in vitro fertilization (ivf).

Shots aren't fun, use ice to numb the area before you inject, the bloating is ridiculous, but overall not terrible physical pain. I did multiple daily injections for 11 days before retrieval. Recovery after retrieval took me about a week to be 100% back to normal.

I'm here for any questions Bianca!
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Man I got a little emotional when Bianca admitted she was sensitive about the cancer jokes. I love that she showed vulnerability and spoke up for herself. It's hard to be honest and communicate your real feelings some times in situations like these. And it was very mature of everyone involved to process it in real time. That's really why I love this fucking podcast man. Ya'll ain't shit but ya'll also good people.
jcro21, Newsy, littlp and 5 others like this.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
Man I got a little emotional when Bianca admitted she was sensitive about the cancer jokes. I love that she showed vulnerability and spoke up for herself. It's hard to be honest and communicate your real feelings some times in situations like these. And it was very mature of everyone involved to process it in real time. That's really why I love this fucking podcast man. Ya'll ain't shit but ya'll also good people.

Yeah I just got there and I had to stop working and take it in. Bianca always handles herself the way I wish I could. I don't think I've ever told anyone that they've hurt my feelings in my entire life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I can see how there could be confusion on whether it was ok to joke about the cancer, given that Keith is surrounded by comedians who cope by joking. Very glad you said something and understood he wasn’t trying to be an asshole about it. Communication is the key to everything, no matter how difficult it might be.

Since the US healthcare system totally sucks, and with you wanting to freeze your eggs, would you be open to a go fund me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Girl likes this.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Listen, Keith might not have cancer but he is not the robust picture of health. He's just more used to his afflictions, like the fucked up knees and high cholesterol.

Bianca I'm sorry for what you're going through, and having to put your reproductive future under a microscope really quickly. Just like Izzie and Karev on Greys Anatomy (I've heard you drop more than one g-bomb on this show), they had that quick-decision "I guess we'll make some frozen embryos for later" thing happen when she got her cancer on the show. Between your Grey's knowledge and odd propensity for actually absorbing what all the doctors are saying to you, at the end of this you'll be able to practice medicine for sure.