CHU & A Newsychu gets your questions answered

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 1 Post By vezione
  • 2 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 1 Post By vezione
  • 1 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 1 Post By Newsy

Old 11-24-2021, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

67: Party Etiquette

Hey folks! After a lackluster week in my love life, we turn to laughter to turn my frown upside down! In this episode we hear about the woes of having a maid, unemployment troubles, Van Halen, Cindy Adams, old skin, party do’s and don’ts, surgery mistakes and Wailing Wall wishes!

Episodes Discussed
178: Find Keith a Job
853: Act Like a Man w/ Jesse Joyce
1087: Paris Hilton for President w/ Jermaine Fowler
1299: Movin' Out w/ Claudia Cogan and Newsy
2094: Candy Crush w/ Liz Meile
2279: Inside Mike Lawrence w/ Mike Lawrence
2521: Family Feud w/ Libby Phillips and Laurie Kilmartin

Guest:
Newsy

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Jerome did you think of some special breeders who lie and write on the forums?

Lots of love for real,

Apia
Old 11-27-2021, 06:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

This word

Hey Newsy, I'm wondering if you've heard of "aromantic"? It's used for prime who don't want/need romantic relationships. I recently found it described me and felt really good when I learned about it because it explains so much for me. It's not the same as asexual because you can be aromantic and still want sex.

The thing about it for is that I "feel" the same about everybody. I don't really have varying degrees of like/love. It's just all kind of the same. This was confusing when dating because that feeling of love never kicked in. I would just always feel the same way I did about my sister or grandparents.
Newsy likes this.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezione View Post
Hey Newsy, I'm wondering if you've heard of "aromantic"? It's used for prime who don't want/need romantic relationships. I recently found it described me and felt really good when I learned about it because it explains so much for me. It's not the same as asexual because you can be aromantic and still want sex.

The thing about it for is that I "feel" the same about everybody. I don't really have varying degrees of like/love. It's just all kind of the same. This was confusing when dating because that feeling of love never kicked in. I would just always feel the same way I did about my sister or grandparents.
I think the falling in love is not the problem here, it’s the stying in love and not getting bored by a person?
The Girl and Newsy like this.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I think the falling in love is not the problem here, it’s the stying in love and not getting bored by a person?
If Sorry, I don't want it to be that I'm conflating my situation with Newsy's. It's very interesting as an outsider listening and playing armchair psychiatrist that we have a perspective that no amount of paid therapy can achieve just because of the amount of hours we've gotten lucky enough to hear.

But here's my take... So that first stage of "love" I think most people experience. You get giddy, butterflies, ignore red flags... But it eventually goes away as we all expect and what you mentioned in your reply. And then comes the time to invest in a romantic bond. The last time Newsy did that me slogged through it because (I'm putting words into people's mouths here lol) he felt like it was something he "should" do. Work hard enough and things will get easier right? Except he didn't like that. And he mentions often that he doesn't want that part. That's not to try to demean any of his experiences. I hear someone frustrated at this point because he's trying on his best to make something work that won't work for him. The fun thing about the time 2 live in now is that there are now words for all the things and the people who never fit nicely into a box can put a name to it. My guess is that on the spectrum of interpersonal relationships spectrum that he's somewhere within the aromantic spectrum. And at the end of the day I know I'm just a jerk off on a forums.
Newsy likes this.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Its possible!
I can see that.

My theory is still that hw is using the new relationship energy like a drug and thats why he never really commits.
Both can be true.
Newsy likes this.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezione View Post
If Sorry, I don't want it to be that I'm conflating my situation with Newsy's. It's very interesting as an outsider listening and playing armchair psychiatrist that we have a perspective that no amount of paid therapy can achieve just because of the amount of hours we've gotten lucky enough to hear.

But here's my take... So that first stage of "love" I think most people experience. You get giddy, butterflies, ignore red flags... But it eventually goes away as we all expect and what you mentioned in your reply. And then comes the time to invest in a romantic bond. The last time Newsy did that me slogged through it because (I'm putting words into people's mouths here lol) he felt like it was something he "should" do. Work hard enough and things will get easier right? Except he didn't like that. And he mentions often that he doesn't want that part. That's not to try to demean any of his experiences. I hear someone frustrated at this point because he's trying on his best to make something work that won't work for him. The fun thing about the time 2 live in now is that there are now words for all the things and the people who never fit nicely into a box can put a name to it. My guess is that on the spectrum of interpersonal relationships spectrum that he's somewhere within the aromantic spectrum. And at the end of the day I know I'm just a jerk off on a forums.

Well thank you for taking so much time to respond to this! (You too Apia!)

I definitely think there's a huge aspect of the "new love energy" drug.

I think my self esteem plays a huge roll in this as well but it's not as sexy to talk about.

I don't think I'm built for traditional relationship models. I promise you I have to suppress an eye roll Any time I see couples expressing love for each other. That's not a healthy view of love. I don't think I believe in it past physical chemistry and a lot of codependency (that last line seems mean).

I can't even be around my friends for days at a time, I've yet to find a partner that I'm around for more than 3 days without my whole soul taking over my internal monolog, demanding time alone.

When I don't have a crush, it's easier for my life. When I'm not trying to pretend I can do relationships correctly, it's even better for my life. When the dispatcher I hooked up with last night says the things that he said to me, it feels godly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Girl likes this.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don’t like expressing too much love. I think couples who post on social media about their happiness are the most full of shit.
Renewal of the vows? Haha, more like a divorce forecast.

But also there is something like secure attachment. It’s pretty cool.
Imagine. You are at home with your partner and you feel as free as you would if you were alone. But better. This happened only with Mr Apia. I didn’t feel it before.
There is a person you like looking at ( I often think liking the way the partner looks helps a lot in an argument, he is annoying but he is very cute) watching star track discovery with and eating with.

I noticed in the beginning of our relationship I can be with him 24/7 and it’s not costing me any energy. This might be the secret. I am as relaxed as I would be alone, or even more.
It’s the only person I know who has this effect on me. Any other person, even friends, are too much after some time.

A few days ago I was at home earlier and I wanted to watch something on Netflix or so. Whatever I found I thought would be more fun to watch with Mr Apia. Stupid love.

Last edited by Apia resurrected; 11-29-2021 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

I don’t know why it works.

My love language is maybe making fun of each other?
I don’t like the typical “ romantic” stuff, it’s too cheesy for me.
I also enjoy being roasted by Mr Apia.
He says sweet things like that I am like Rambo when it comes to my character and work out hair bands.
Give me this every day instead of flowers.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Also, Rod and Karen seem very happy as well and a very good match.

What about them?