Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Any podcast story recommendations?

I just ran out of stories to listen to. Please help i need more than funny hahas to listen to

I loved everything Sigler has put out
I same goes for Seventh Son
Dead Mech is badass
Morevi was alright
Failed Cities Monologues was badass but confusing
Underwood and Flinch gives me goose bumps
And the Byron Chronicles just reaches out to my nerd self

Based on that do you guys have any recommendations for me. Thanks!

Last edited by I R Sparticus; 06-02-2010 at 05:53 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry to respond without an answer, but could you share the links for those shows - I would like to try out several of them
Old 06-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Playing for Keeps by Mur Lafferty was pretty interesting:

Playing For Keeps

If you would be interested in short stories then check out escape pod, psuedopod, or podcastle.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

i couldn't get into mur's works for some reason.
and not be a dick i don't want to put up links because i don't want it to seem like i'm advertising for those shows on the KATG forums, sorry. if you have itunes and type in those titles they'll come up. pm me if you have any trouble finding them
Old 06-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Here are couple other threads on these forums to help you in your seach for new podcasts:

http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...-listen-10704/

and

http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...odcasts-10121/

No need to thank me directly for searching these forums for the answers you seek. Simply click here and follow the instructions: http://www.keithandthegirl.com/Donat....aspx?Amount=5
Old 06-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The only specifically story based podcast I listen to is The Tobolowsky Files (google image Stephen Tobolowsky and if you've ever seen a movie you'll recognise the guy immediately), which is like two 20 minute short stories about "life, love, and the entertainment industry". The dude's worked on everything from Groundhog Day to Memento to Entourage to Thelma and Louise to Heroes and tells a pretty good story.

Also give Dan Carlin's Hardcore History a shot, especially the episodes on the Punic Wars and the Ostfront. Even if you're not a history nut Dan Carlin makes stories of old school warriors sound awesome. And history is all about story.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
The only specifically story based podcast I listen to is The Tobolowsky Files (google image Stephen Tobolowsky and if you've ever seen a movie you'll recognise the guy immediately), which is like two 20 minute short stories about "life, love, and the entertainment industry". The dude's worked on everything from Groundhog Day to Memento to Entourage to Thelma and Louise to Heroes and tells a pretty good story.
Do you know Masters of None Podcast? The (pretty) recently interviewed Stephen Tobolowsky and it was VERY funny! Simply Syndicated » Archive » MoN 4.7- We Know Celebrities #4: Stephen Tobowlosky
Old 06-03-2010, 02:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
thanks for the tip. I'll be checking out Mr. Tobolowsky for sure now.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Sparticus View Post
i couldn't get into mur's works for some reason.
and not be a dick i don't want to put up links because i don't want it to seem like i'm advertising for those shows on the KATG forums, sorry. if you have itunes and type in those titles they'll come up. pm me if you have any trouble finding them
Links to other podcasts are fine here. The internet is free for all (pun intended). KATG and all the others stand and fall on their merits. I like this forum partly because of the other stuff I get shown here.

Last edited by Cart Horse; 06-03-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHonay View Post
Do you know Masters of None Podcast? The (pretty) recently interviewed Stephen Tobolowsky and it was VERY funny! Simply Syndicated » Archive » MoN 4.7- We Know Celebrities #4: Stephen Tobowlosky
Yeah, I liked it. To be honest I think it'd be impossible to do a bad job of interviewing that guy, he's got a million behind the scenes stories and insights into the inner workings of Hollywood and he seems like a totally decent dude with zero ego but plenty of smarts.