Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
Any idea how much those cool Hasidic hats cost?
If you're talking about the fur ones, they're called SHTREIMELS (SH-TRY-MEL). They can range from $600 for synthetic fur to around $6,000 for the finest quality sable.

PETA be damned. They are cool but hot like a muthfucka in the summer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shtreimel-artistic3.jpg (57.2 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by IAMjoCanadian; 10-03-2006 at 11:07 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Naw. Not the fur ones. The black brimed ones. The casual wear ones. And where can I pick one up. Would they be insulted being that I'm a goy? I'd like one for my goyishe kupp.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Ach mein kint. There are many a store in Brooklyn. The range about $100-$200. I'd recommend Borsalino. Just tell em its for your nephews Bar Mitzvah.

Heres where I got mine once upon a time...

http://www.bencrafthats.com/product....name=Felt+Hats
Old 10-03-2006, 11:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Fucking A+! Now I know what I want for Christmas! Thanks!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

What's a common dinner for Jews? What would you have for formal dinners?
Old 10-03-2006, 11:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Arent you a Jew ooda? I shall answer for the public's knowledge.

Shabbat (Friday sundown through Saturday sundown)

Friday night:

First course - Challah bread, Gefilte Fish, Hummus, Matbucha, Schug (retarded spicy paste)

Second Course - Chicken soup which i skip. Fills me up and makes me shvitz.

Main Course - Roasted Chicken, Potato Kugel (souffle with a potato latka type taste), brisket or meatballs, salad, some other kinda kugel.

Dessert - Whatever my wife feels like makin

Saturday morning in Synagoge (Shul):

We take a break between the Torah reading and the end of prayers (Musaf). We have either chopped liver or Matjes herring in wine sauce with scallions and lots of bourbon. We generally kill two bottles of single barrell, small batch bourbon between 7 or 8 guys.

Saturday Lunch:

Chulent (Barley, beans, potato, meat stew slow cooked since Friday), shnitzel, more salad and leftover kugel from the night before.

Everything is quite rich with savory flavors and quite oily. I always need a Zantac or two through the course of the 24 hours.

Last edited by IAMjoCanadian; 10-03-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

[QUOTE=IAMjoCanadian]Arent you a Jew ooda? I shall answer for the public's knowledge.

No officially, but the more I'm looking into my family's history, the more it seems like I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMjoCanadian
Shabbat (Friday sundown through Saturday sundown)

Friday night:

First course - Challah bread, Gefilte Fish, Hummus, Matbucha, Schug (retarded spicy paste)
The fish we have, but I only ever knew it by the name (a translation) "fish, Jewish style". I also remember having a whole lot of fish like that when I visited family in Poland. Actually, they ate a lot of ground fish when I think about it (it was common to put a fish paste on a piece of bread for an after-dinner snack).

Quote:
Second Course - Chicken soup which i skip. Fills me up and makes me shvitz.
That was always a given, though at times I remember my Mom would also make kluski, which are basically like drop noodles.

Quote:
Main Course - Roasted Chicken, Potato Kugel (souffle with a potato latka type taste), brisket or meatballs, salad, some other kinda kugel.
Kugel was common, though my Mom would also make a light dinner where in a baking dish there would be layers of rice and apples with plenty of cinnamon. That and I vaguely remember having pasta in hot milk for breakfast when I was young. Brisket we had, I just never knew the name.

Though what I remember the best was when she would make pancakes (more crepe than actual pancake) and the would be stuffed with sweetened cottage cheese, and when rolled up, fried quickly.

Quote:
Dessert - Whatever my wife feels like makin

Saturday morning in Synagoge (Shul):

We take a break between the Torah reading and the end of prayers (Musaf). We have either chopped liver or Matjes herring in wine sauce with scallions and lots of bourbon. We generally kill two bottles of single barrell, small batch bourbon between 7 or 8 guys.
Herring we always had a lot of. My parents would sometimes go down to the local wharf and catch a lot of them, after which they would be filleted and pickled, or sometimes fried. Liver was also very common, so much so that I'm one of the few people these days that actually likes the taste of it.

Quote:
Saturday Lunch:

Chulent (Barley, beans, potato, meat stew slow cooked since Friday), shnitzel, more salad and leftover kugel from the night before.
Remind me on the shnitzel. I was always confused like that. For us, a shnizel was basically ground beef mixed with onion, egg, and breadcrumb, made into a patty, and then coated with flour, dipped in egg, coated in breadcrumb, and then fried. The other thing we had, which is what other people would call shnitzel, we would call "cotlet", and it was a slice of meat in flour, egg, and breadcrumb which was then fried.

Quote:
Everything is quite rich with savory flavors and quite oily. I always need a Zantac or two through the course of the 24 hours.
The main thing I remember was that soups were a constant, and everytime a big piece of meat was bought, a basic soup (meat broth) would be had.

Another question. The most common types of cakes we had were either "drosduwka"s, which is basically just sweetened dough made into braided loaves, and a lot of cakes with poppy seed, which the most common being "makoviec", which is a rolled poppy seed roll. The poppy seed was cooked in milk, ground, and chopped walnut, lemon peel, and honey was added. A big sheet of dough was made up, the filling placed on one edge, and then rolled up.

On a side note, I am slightly warming to the idea of becoming a proper Jew.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:25 AM   #18 (permalink)

Austrian is where schnitzel comes from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiener_Schnitzel
Old 10-04-2006, 01:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

how did you guys manage to fake the holocaust?
Old 10-04-2006, 05:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved
how did you guys manage to fake the holocaust?
You weren't CC'ed on the Protocols, Mike? I mean, how the hell can you have retired at 26 and not been on any of the Elders' meetings?
Get the memo and stick to the plan. we got these goyim on the run.