Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
I'm also pretty sure it is some "adult" at this point for other reasons.
How about you elaborate on these other reasons for just a bit. Besides sleeping with a married woman, what else have you done/are doing that falls into an ethically grey area?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Did you recently make an offer on a mixer?
Wow! You made me laugh!
Old 05-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi body View Post
How about you elaborate on these other reasons for just a bit. Besides sleeping with a married woman, what else have you done/are doing that falls into an ethically grey area?
Because they never call during normal (9-5) business hours, but they will call a little before 9 and just after 5. Like I get these calls on my way to work and few minutes after I leave. Yesterday I literally 15 steps out the door and my phone rang.

As for this ethical grey area, there's really nothing. I know that sounds weird since I'm the king off assholes and all, but my life has changed a lot since I created this name. Even dating a married woman isn't that bad considering she's been separated for two years and they don't live together. It's definitely not her ex.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Because they never call during normal (9-5) business hours, but they will call a little before 9 and just after 5. Like I get these calls on my way to work and few minutes after I leave. Yesterday I literally 15 steps out the door and my phone rang.

As for this ethical grey area, there's really nothing. I know that sounds weird since I'm the king off assholes and all, but my life has changed a lot since I created this name. Even dating a married woman isn't that bad considering she's been separated for two years and they don't live together. It's definitely not her ex.
So nothing juicy you've been holding out on us? I'd go with predictive dialers then. Especially if there's nothing their but silence when you pick (though you did mention music once). These damn automated machines will call for a couple of weeks to establish times when you are home (from when you pick up the phone) and then will relay this information back to call centers so that a human operator/salesman will have a better chance of contacting a real person. Saves them time and money, and pisses you and me off twice as much.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

Have you considered calling your provider (I'm assuming AT&T) and finding out if they can reject incoming calls with blocked numbers? I've worked a lot of political phone banks and heard that "This caller does not recieve calls from blocked numbers" message so many times. They're obviously bent on annoying you and if you can block them maybe they'll reveal themselves some other way.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

I've tried everything, no luck. Ignoring the calls and turning off my phone haven't worked. I called the police, they told me I needed to first contact my phone company. I called AT&T, they told me I needed to contact the police or change my number. FUCK THIS, I'll just live with it.

Oh, and an actual update. Now I'm getting calls from non-blocked numbers, their all local, and businesses. I also got a text from a number I didn't know, again local, saying "What's your schedule like this week? Any chance we could go out, like a date?" I suspect that maybe I'm going out, getting drunk, creeping and not even knowing it. However my girlfriend's almost always with me when I'm out getting drunk.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

Get a Google voice number, have it send all calls from people you don't know to voicemail and ignore them.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #18 (permalink)

How do I do that? I have a google voice number, I just don't use it for anything because it's useless.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Arrow well, not that hard really

first the serious bit; if you are a genuine insomniac and sleep is precious to you, then surely switching *everything* off is the only option. So kill the phone, bury it in a box in the garden every night, just get it away from you, you don't need it next to you 24/7. You might think you do, but you don't.

The more lighthearted response, but some truth here. I'm 46, and a mondo serious shit professional, but I will, if necessary fuck with people till I die if they piss me off, so calling someone at 3am is the least of their worries. So when you assume it's a kids game, I'm sorry to tell you this, but no, it could be anyone.

If it is really bothering you that much; get another phone; ie: a really cheap shit phone from ebay with a free sim card, tell your prime suspects "one by one" that your number has changed, soon as you start getting the same calls on the new fake phone, bingo, you have the sons of bitches, then go round and kill them .... twice.

Quote:
Oh, and an actual update. Now I'm getting calls from non-blocked numbers, their all local, and businesses. I also got a text from a number I didn't know, again local, saying "What's your schedule like this week? Any chance we could go out, like a date?" .
ermm, back in the 90's I printed some guys number on stickers and posted them everywhere advertising a range of services, everything from gay sex to children's party entertainment, this was payback for not buying a round of drinks; yes, I am a harsh taskmaster.
So it seems to me that someone is posting your number "far and wide" for maximum phone based spam. You've pissed in someones shoes at some point, either without knowing it, or, deep down you do know ......... keep us posted.

Last edited by eurotrash karlos; 06-01-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Maybe turn it around on them. If they play shitty music, you play heavy metal even louder. If they're silent, you scream into the phone "I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS!"