Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
It makes me angry, too. Most offenders I've found to be teens, who are notorious assholes.

GOY for not decking that cuntface in the moneymaker.
I see that now, yeah fuck that guy. That's like stealing an iPod then bitching when it breaks that they're pieces of shit, when in fact it is you who is the piece of shit.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You didn't pay to be in that movie. The only way you are even half right is if she didn't either. Even then, kicking the seat is just out of bounds. Only Keith is allowed to be an asshole to people who are being assholes. The rest of us don't sink to their level.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

YOU sound like an asshole.

But I do agree texting is annoying as hell.
I was in the cinema the other day and the woman in front of me was playing tetris on her phone mid-film (and the fucking sound was on) I leaned forward and asked her if it was really worth pay £7 to play tetris in a dark room. She gave me a dirty look and told me to fuck off.

Nothing more came of it, but I did come away amused by a retard.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
I see that now, yeah fuck that guy. That's like stealing an iPod then bitching when it breaks that they're pieces of shit, when in fact it is you who is the piece of shit.
It's more like stealing an iPod and then someone who thinks you bought it breaks it. You'd call me a pussy if I didn't punch that person.

Quote:
You didn't pay to be in that movie. The only way you are even half right is if she didn't either. Even then, kicking the seat is just out of bounds. Only Keith is allowed to be an asshole to people who are being assholes. The rest of us don't sink to their level.
A) I don't think that's Keith's message and B) I'm really not proud of myself here, I'm really trying to understand why people think this is OK.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I'm really not proud of myself here, I'm really trying to understand why people think this is OK.
I apologize for attacking you and for ignoring the pertinent issue. I appreciate your subtle response to guide me back to civil discussion.

In the instances that you mentioned where you asked the offender to stop, and they did, no assholes were involved. In the instance in which you asked the cuntface to stop, and she did not, there was only one asshole involved until you started kicking her chair. When a person continues to exhibit asshole behavior after you have politely pointed it out to them, you have reached a no-win situation. You can rarely go so over the top on someone as to make them stop being an asshole, and you definitely will exhibit asshole behavior in the process of trying.

Clearly, since most people will stop texting or using their phones when you ask them to, this is the appropriate way to guide their behavior, and you have taught them a lesson. You can't reach everyone, and some people will be rude no matter what you do. Texting and mobile phone use is a new phenomenon in our society, and the etiquette is still not fully defined. As such, some people still need to be educated.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

It's not okay per-se, but it's not a big enough deal to fuckin whine about. Plus you shouldn't try to apply Keith's thinking here, cuz if we did that you'd already be dead and I'd be giggling at IM's instead.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Starscream, I'm on your side. Although it is much more satisfying to call you a douchebag, than whoever was texting, because your here and people can get a rise out of you, and not them. Perhaps there is some validity to whether you paid for the movie or not, certainly if you had paid money for it, i dont think there would be any question that the person texting was out of bounds. So does the matter of how it was that you came to see the movie change that persons behavior? In my opinon, no. So why people are blaming you, i don't know. Should you have not complained since you got to see the movie for free... maybe. It's does seem a little wrong to get a free movie and still complain when someone is in front of you texting, but what about the others around you that did pay? I don't think we should put the blame on you, simply because you didn't pay to see the movie. This person was in the wrong plain and simple, and people in genreal have the right to complain, and not simply, "just ignore it". People who have to "just ignore it" are noticing it, and actively ignoring it, and this takes away from the movie watching experience.
On the 14 y/o girl, behalf, we don;t know what her situation was, as to why she was texting so it may be hard to judge her situation, perhaps instead of making a call in the theater, she choose to be more considerate by texting.. this doesn't make it ok that she threw her drink at you though, there was no excuse for that...
Old 12-22-2008, 02:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

I've never had any sorta cinema problem like this, shame really.

And who cares if Starscream paid for the movie, they factor it into their budget so if you don't do it, it's like they're getting money for free.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

I need to change my forum name, there's no way I'm the king of assholes anymore.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
I need to change my forum name, there's no way I'm the king of assholes anymore.
It's so much easier when you guys self-identify.