Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-16-2006, 12:02 AM   #31 (permalink)

I don't get the "rivalry" thing. Maybe because I listen to podcasts 40 hours a week, I'm not too picky...but I think there's room for everyone in podcasting. I get great content from therationalradical, npr, slate, karmabanque, kqrs(minneapolis), dawnanddrew, naughtykarate, distortedview, wired, twit, airferg, soccergirl, pkandj, and katg. I love Chemda and Keith's 'cast the most because they are so sharp..the improvisational quality of their riffing is unlike any other entertainment available anywhere.

I enjoy Drew and Dawn for their quirky personality, but must admit that their shows are often directionless. Katg always have topics and gossip lined up in case they need them, but easily carry the hour or more on the force of their wit and wordplay. The consistent quality of katg is unmatched. Does it sound like I want to fuck/suck them? I really don't, I just think they are very special people and feel privileged to share in their lives.

Anyway, in the words of Mick Jagger in "Gimme Shelter:" "Who's fighting and what for?"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:29 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinball
I don't get the "rivalry" thing. Maybe because I listen to podcasts 40 hours a week, I'm not too picky...but I think there's room for everyone in podcasting. I get great content from therationalradical, npr, slate, karmabanque, kqrs(minneapolis), dawnanddrew, naughtykarate, distortedview, wired, twit, airferg, soccergirl, pkandj, and katg. I love Chemda and Keith's 'cast the most because they are so sharp..the improvisational quality of their riffing is unlike any other entertainment available anywhere.

I enjoy Drew and Dawn for their quirky personality, but must admit that their shows are often directionless. Katg always have topics and gossip lined up in case they need them, but easily carry the hour or more on the force of their wit and wordplay. The consistent quality of katg is unmatched. Does it sound like I want to fuck/suck them? I really don't, I just think they are very special people and feel privileged to share in their lives.

Anyway, in the words of Mick Jagger in "Gimme Shelter:" "Who's fighting and what for?"
Have you listened to earlier D&D shows? Before they signed on to podshow and had a time limit their shows were much better. The rivalry is between Podshow and those podcasts who want to stand alone. Personally I support the standalone. Podshow has done nothing but set podcasting back 2 years.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:33 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ
Have you listened to earlier D&D shows? Before they signed on to podshow and had a time limit their shows were much better. The rivalry is between Podshow and those podcasts who want to stand alone. Personally I support the standalone. Podshow has done nothing but set podcasting back 2 years.
they don't have a time limit, they could sign off from sirius and carry on the podcast.

they're just lazy.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r
they don't have a time limit, they could sign off from sirius and carry on the podcast.

they're just lazy.
They have a self-enforced time limit backed by Adam Curry. I agree laziness does factor in though. Most of their listeners aren't on Sirius and would prefer longer shows. This is why D&D are spiraling down. They've run out of stuff to talk about, and their content is diminishing with each episode. More and more they're playing music, intros, or saying "you're bombing", just to get to 24 minutes. It's a shame, but eventually D&D will just be a facsimile of its former self, left by the side of the road as the pioneer who simply made bad decisions and ran out of gas.