Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonik
Fructose causes your cholesterol to rise, and it's effect is mostly on the bad LDL cholesterols.
Phew! Good thing I'm already on Lipitor!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

Speaking of diet foods,

Dt. Dr. Pepper.

If they made one with a 5% Acl kick and same kind of taste... That's it! I'd be done for.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #23 (permalink)

Obviously we wouldn't want to hint that the food industry marketing people go to the same school as AOL "retention consultants" but seeing a "low fat" label on food that is high in carbs (say 99.9% fat free candy) does make me ponder the "parentage" of those bastards. Noting of course you might want to check out the "You Learn Something New Everyday" thread before trying candies that are both 99.9% fat and carbohydrate / sugar free.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:40 AM   #24 (permalink)

Diet soda is the only kind I drink anymore. Normal soda feels weird on my teeth, and now I actually prefer the taste of diet. Also, light mayo is a brilliant invention.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:56 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby
Diet soda is the only kind I drink anymore. Normal soda feels weird on my teeth, and now I actually prefer the taste of diet. Also, light mayo is a brilliant invention.
and if you put that much sugar in your tea/coffee people, would look at you strange.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

boring

you guys are lame
Old 08-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #27 (permalink)

I agree with Lebowski that you can really taste the difference between normal and diet foods. What I hate the most is skim milk. It really does taste like you're drinking milk and water.

For me I prefer to make difference concessions. I like having taste in my food, so I'll make it however I want (I rarely buy prepared food), but if I want to loose some weight, I'll just eat less. For me I'd rather less of something good than a lot of something bad.

That said, I am drinking more Diet Soda so as to get better used to it. I figure it's a good and easy way to keep the calories down.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
What I hate the most is skim milk. It really does taste like you're drinking milk and water.
I hate skim milk too, but 1% milk is my favorite percantage out of all of them. I think it tastes colder than 2% and it doesn't taste as fatty, which I like. But if you're making a fancy-pants coffee drink (like a latte) with milk, you have to use whole milk (which is disgusting to drink normally) if you want it to taste good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r
and if you put that much sugar in your tea/coffee people, would look at you strange.
I hate sugar in tea of coffee, personally. I don't put anything in them at all. I like things natural... ahhhhhh.

/sighs a contented sigh
Old 08-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #29 (permalink)

yawn

High fructose corn syrup is used as a sweetener. Most diet foods will not have it which is a good thing.

You may eat smaller portions but its much more difficult for most people because it has addictive properties...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
I agree with Lebowski that you can really taste the difference between normal and diet foods. What I hate the most is skim milk. It really does taste like you're drinking milk and water.

For me I prefer to make difference concessions. I like having taste in my food, so I'll make it however I want (I rarely buy prepared food), but if I want to loose some weight, I'll just eat less. For me I'd rather less of something good than a lot of something bad.

That said, I am drinking more Diet Soda so as to get better used to it. I figure it's a good and easy way to keep the calories down.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMike
High fructose corn syrup is used as a sweetener. Most diet foods will not have it which is a good thing.

You may eat smaller portions but its much more difficult for most people because it has addictive properties...
That I wouldn't be surprised about. When I'm drinking a Coke I feel like I have to take constant sips of it or else it just feels like I'm not satisfied. I guess that's the addictive quality you're talking about.

Well, that and the caffeine.