Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post

IT'S FUCKING GOLD.
In your opinion, Does he as the legend Flavor Flav says "drop the rhyme in over time"?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I always thought that hip-hop and rock are two genres that mix very well together
Nope.
Quote:
You're looking like those silly metalheads that make me give up on the community while still loving the music because they were more focused on shitting on others than enjoying the art.
It's not like somebody randomly ran in here and said hip hop sucks, metal rules. Dude took shit from Black Sabbath, and somebody pointed out Black Sabbath is way musically superior. The person responsible for making that connection is Eminem, not any of us.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Of course Sabbath is musically superior, but what's the point of stating that in an EMinem's thread. Rappers and Electronic artists have been using samples for ages. Are we going on their sites calling them thieves and questioning theiur value. Please go first, i'm yawning at the mere thought.

Also, being an hard ass purist that hates any contaminations between genre is a classic way of thinking of a lot of metal or rock listeners. But that doesnt mean they're right.
Liking only Kobe Beef Burgers doesnt mean that every other food is poison. It means you have a good but sadly limited taste.

That's the type of stiffness that has turned people off good heavy rock and made it the cartoonish joke that its becoming today.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

My only real excuse was that it was early morning and I was grumpy. I do apologise, I'm normally not as Internet-short tempered. I still hate rap though, but, you like what you like.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

I can't wait to hear it, he's a funny fuck!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Rock is Crock

fuck the haters
Old 06-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Of course Sabbath is musically superior, but what's the point of stating that in an EMinem's thread. Rappers and Electronic artists have been using samples for ages. Are we going on their sites calling them thieves and questioning theiur value. Please go first, i'm yawning at the mere thought.

Also, being an hard ass purist that hates any contaminations between genre is a classic way of thinking of a lot of metal or rock listeners. But that doesnt mean they're right.
Liking only Kobe Beef Burgers doesnt mean that every other food is poison. It means you have a good but sadly limited taste.

That's the type of stiffness that has turned people off good heavy rock and made it the cartoonish joke that its becoming today.
How in the hell is rap "every other food"? This isn't a discussion of the broad field of musical genres; this is a discussion of two. I don't like rap. I don't like rap when it's purely rap, I don't like rap when it's fused with rock, metal, or any other type of music because I don't like rap. If we're going to use your burger analogy, if I don't like every single kind of burger (including rat burgers) I'm "sadly limited".

Secondly, nobody called Eminem a thief. All that was said is that he is musically inferior to that which he sampled. Though I find it funny that you defend sampling by simply saying it's been done a lot. So what? That means nothing. When I go into Final Destination, am I suddenly not allowed to say it sucks because it has a storied history of sucking?

All you're doing is constructing an argument where I'm obliged to like rap, or else I'm an ass backwards elitotard. That's bullshit.

Its funny how having an insatiable passion for a type of music is dressed up as a closed-minded frothing moron, and frequently this is done by musically shallow people who have a broad taste, but one that doesn't mean much to them.

Metal is Kobe Beef because it's that superior to everything else to me, and the best part is I can have as much as I want. Don't get mad at me because everything tastes the same to you.

Also, you've inevitably done what every person who complains about haters does: drawn out far more of it than ever would have been in the thread in the first place.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Its funny how having an insatiable passion for a type of music is dressed up as a closed-minded frothing moron, and frequently this is done by musically shallow people who have a broad taste, but one that doesn't mean much to them.
The rest of it was good, but this was a disappointment.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

amagawd! its already turned into a hater vs anti-hater war on this thread.

anyways back to discussing the album. This has to be my favorite of all his albums, i think it has a nice flow from start to finish (and it has not stupid skit tracks on it). the 2 songs i like the best are Almost Famous and Cinderella Man
Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -John- View Post
amagawd! its already turned into a hater vs anti-hater war on this thread.

anyways back to discussing the album. This has to be my favorite of all his albums, i think it has a nice flow from start to finish (and it has not stupid skit tracks on it). the 2 songs i like the best are Almost Famous and Cinderella Man
And you're a meta-hater. The worst type of hater.