Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-31-2006, 02:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Now... I face a dilemma.
Having worked for Blockbuster in the UK before, it was my only positive experience of working in the retail industry. Obvoiusly, i'm all for going "fuck them", however... this is one situation where getting pissy won't help your case.
One thing I can tell you about them is they are fucked. They got on the "online rental wagon" too late, and now are being ass-fisted by all the smaller, more reliable companies. They are not long for this world and will do anything to hang on to customers. Go over the store manager's head and phone customer services (someone at the store should give you the number no problems). If it is anything like it is here, they will sort you out straight away, no problems. Games go missing all the time, and it's no-ones fault, but you should understand how many people DO forget to put them back in the cases, put up a huge fuss, then realise their kid posted it into the fireplace or something. They are just doing their job, not trying to screw you over.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks perclissigi, I'll try that. But I'm definitely cancelling my account after I get this fixed. That kind of thing is unacceptable, especially if I have to take the blame.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcatacat
Just start accusing the punk ass kid behind the counter of stealing it.
This is the best advice, then cry and tell them your wife is going to beat you if you have to pay for it, tell them you rented it without her knowing and since you have been addicted to video games you have started to neglect your family, your kids hate you and the only release you get is playing games.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

Leave the poor minion alone!
Like I said, they are just doing their job, and dealing with the situation in the way that they've been trained to. They're just another poor retail slave, like most of us, the only excuse to be a cunt to someone in retail is if they are a cunt to you first.
On a scary conicindence kinda note, I got a voicemail from the store I used to work at today saying "Hey, you missed a shift this morning, what's going on?".
This might seem normal, if it wasn't for the fact that I left in March! They've just changed management and I think they're a bit confused!
Old 07-31-2006, 06:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by perclissigi
Leave the poor minion alone!
Like I said, they are just doing their job, and dealing with the situation in the way that they've been trained to. They're just another poor retail slave, like most of us, the only excuse to be a cunt to someone in retail is if they are a cunt to you first.
On a scary conicindence kinda note, I got a voicemail from the store I used to work at today saying "Hey, you missed a shift this morning, what's going on?".
This might seem normal, if it wasn't for the fact that I left in March! They've just changed management and I think they're a bit confused!
hopefully they're going to pay you
Old 07-31-2006, 08:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Tell them to cancel your account, if they don't believe you.

Then send them glitter
i double that glitter idea
Old 07-31-2006, 09:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
What??? You doubt Shooter McGavins? You know this guy is honest just by his name
Bang Bang?
Old 07-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavins
I am 100% sure that I brought them back. That case was emptied AFTER I dropped it off.
If that's the case, take it up with the manager, and if it gets bad, I'd assume they have you on video surveillance handing it in, so if you get to the point of having to grasp for straws, that may be worth checking out. Or even when you raise the point and show you're not going to back down, chances are the manager will just say "fuck it" and let you off.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:32 PM   #19 (permalink)

Did you ask them if they bothered to check the bottom of that bin the movies/games fall into? That happened to me once. The disc was there, sitting on top of that foam.