Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree234Likes

Old 05-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Hearsay, you say?

Ok. If I'm close you tell me. I think that weird guy that tortures and cut his dick off is either Theon's sister's lover OR the brother of the two farm boys he killed.

That or the reincarnation of Eddard Stark?
I actually edited my post because I thought that word 'hearsay' might be revealing for some reason.

I'm going to put a statement in white text so that anyone who doesn't want to, can skip over it. One of your guesses could be argued to be close to correct. If you are very liberal with your terms, and when you refer to things that will happen much later down the line. Sort of. Now that was a confusing and un-illuminating statement, heh.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #102 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Well. Thanks JPJ. Now I'm even more confused and half-blind from putting eye balls 1 inch from screen

Spoilers. Suck. You chose wisely. I've got a ton of reading going as is but most likely I'll read the books. There is only 2 episodes left. Maybe I'll start after the season. See what they left out.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #103 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

thank you for the spoiler tag jp, much appreciated

Also this season is based on book 3, yes? Part of me wants to wait to read the books (i have em all now) but I do enjoy being a virgin so to speak
Old 05-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Well. Thanks JPJ. Now I'm even more confused and half-blind from putting eye balls 1 inch from screen

Spoilers. Suck. You chose wisely. I've got a ton of reading going as is but most likely I'll read the books. There is only 2 episodes left. Maybe I'll start after the season. See what they left out.
Yeah, I try to tread carefully with spoilers, especially with this series. I want tv show viewers to experience the same horror and hyperventilation that I experienced reading certain parts of the series.

Also the laughs and tender moments too, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
thank you for the spoiler tag jp, much appreciated

Also this season is based on book 3, yes? Part of me wants to wait to read the books (i have em all now) but I do enjoy being a virgin so to speak
This season is based on the first 3/4 or so of Book 3, yes. I read the books before I knew this was going to be a show, but it's far too late. My girlfriend is currently reading the first book, and I think she intends to get caught up to the third book so she can go into the show fresh. I think seasons 5 and 6 will be books 4 and 5 combined as they are parallel stories.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #105 (permalink)

I think they'll reveal the torturer either next episode or more likely in the finale. You don't read about any of the stuff happening to him this season but it is logical that it happened this way. I don't think they handled it great but hopefully the pay off works for most people.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #106 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
So does anyone know, (Tank, I'm looking at you) why Theon Greyjoy is being tortured? It's a hard guess as so many characters have reason to hate him.
I was trying to figure that out too! I really don't like him, but I don't really like seeing him tortured.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #107 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

The book probably handled the torture better. After a few episodes of torture I was like, yeah, I get it. He's bad and getting tortured...now what?
blondie69 likes this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 05-24-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie69 View Post
I was trying to figure that out too! I really don't like him, but I don't really like seeing him tortured.
Agreed. But whatever motivation the guy has, cutting the dick off is going too far.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
I think they'll reveal the torturer either next episode or more likely in the finale.
Thank fuck for that.

I hope you're right.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Thank fuck for that.

I hope you're right.
If not, its bullshit because theres no reason not to at that point.