Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamS View Post
First of all, you are over-stating the importance of protein in general (you need .57g per day of protein for every 2.2 lbs you weigh which even vegans can easily do).

Second, the entire statement is not only unprovable, but also unsupported. The American Institute for Cancer Research as well as many others support an opposing consensus.

Third, animal protein levels correlate with higher levels of saturated fat, whereas plant proteins do not. So the more you rely on animals as a protein source, the more you are eating saturated fat.

And finally, vegetarians have a much lower risk of cancer and heart disease, which are the two biggest causes of death.
You're a fucking moron. Too much of anything is a bad thing. Given that, the right kinds of saturated fat are actually good for your body. And there are lean sources of animal protein (chicken, most types of fish, venison, lean cuts of beef, etc...) which are lower in saturated fat but still have essential amino acids.

I agree with Spooky. We have incisors for a reason; and that reason, my dear friends, is to chew yummy meat.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:56 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Diesel View Post
You're a fucking moron. Too much of anything is a bad thing. Given that, the right kinds of saturated fat are actually good for your body. And there are lean sources of animal protein (chicken, most types of fish, venison, lean cuts of beef, etc...) which are lower in saturated fat but still have essential amino acids.

I agree with Spooky. We have incisors for a reason; and that reason, my dear friends, is to chew yummy meat.
There's no need to refute him, we know he's an idiot.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:27 AM   #23 (permalink)

***Marina - Before I say anything further, I think starting with light meats, fish and such is a wise idea to ease yourself back in. Just be careful of the types of fish you're consuming, keep an eye out for mercury issues, etc. Also - buy organic, which is what I figure you will do - make sure it's from a reputable company. That's more important than anything.

Now - onto my stance regarding everyone saying the vegetarian lifestyle is unnatural.

I've been vegetarian for almost 8 years now, and compared to when I ATE meat, I'm much healthier, I look healthier and I feel more acute in every aspect.

If ANYONE even remotely believes in evolution, look at primates, especially gorillas. They live on a herbivore diet.

The reason that they can do it and we need to substitute is due to the fact that we're not getting the right amino acids, bacteria and such from vegetarian food - We're eating processed everything that's grown in white rooms that have no bacteria, good or bad.

Those animals that do eat fresh forest food are getting the necessary EVERYTHING through all of this.

Interesting article, one that references a simple study that was published in the 70's

Humans: Are We Carnivores or Vegetarians by Nature?

anyway, everyone has their own belief. If you are GOING to be vegetarian, you have to make sacrifices (I eat some dairy and eggs) and have to ensure you're getting a balance, but if you can do that, it is possible to succeed.

Most vegetarians don't, and rely on pre-processed products that seem "healthy" and provide a lot of "protein"

If you're vegetarian and your diet regularly consists of Yves products, or anything similar - realize that you're eating the vegetarian equivalent of junk food. Textured Vegetable Protein is stuff that sounds good on paper, but really isn't.

I would also like to make it ABUNDANTLY clear that I do not negatively look at anyone that eats meat. I'm not one of "those" vegetarians and I refuse to associate with them. Peta is an orginzation focused on scare tactics and shoddy practices.

I respect people who choose not to be vegetarian, regardless of the reason. The only people whose judgements I control are that of my kids. And even then, if they ask about or wish to eat meat when they're old enough to make the choice, I will support them. I will not cook it, I will not wash the plates/pans/etc and I will not allow them to cook it in my pans, etc - however I will buy them their own set of whatever.

It's the same with religion, they need to know all aspects and have to choose.

Again - vegetarians who push their beliefs on anyone are close-minded and selfish. They're no different than a bible thumper walking around, knocking on doors to try and convert you to a religion.

Being vegetarian is simply a choice. QED

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 10-16-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chimpanzees, our closest relatives, hunt and eat meat by the way.

FYI- I was a vegetarian from the age of 12 to about 25, aside from the occasional bit of ham on a pizza when I was drunk. I just didn't feel like eating meat. I started eating meat in the last couple of years again because (a) I was starving in the forest in asia and had no alternative and (b) I felt like I needed it again. My advice is just to listen to your body. But, evolutionarily speaking, we are designed to eat meat.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:01 AM   #25 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
i have incisors, therefore i am.
Don't you mean you have canines therefore you are? I do believe your canines come in handy ripping apart all that chicken
Old 10-16-2008, 04:03 AM   #26 (permalink)

Sounds pretty sensible to me.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:07 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by empathy View Post
Don't you mean you have canines therefore you are? I do believe your canines come in handy ripping apart all that chicken
yeah. hehe.

thats what i meant. at least i didnt write bicuspids.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:37 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
yeah. hehe.

thats what i meant. at least i didnt write bicuspids.
... or molars ... they are deserting you because they want to grind more cellulotic veggie matter (says the guy who probably eats more meat before 9am than most of you do all day)

Old 10-16-2008, 05:01 AM   #29 (permalink)

I was a vegan until I was 10, and never really got used to meat, so I don't eat a lot of it now. I only eat chicken and fish now - it's just an easy form of protein, and as long as it's organic and fat-free, it's healthy. Otherwise I might starve to fucking death.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:40 AM   #30 (permalink)

Organic, fat free chicken - ya gotta be lucky, or organised for that