Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: How smart are you? (IQ)
<90 2 3.85%
90-99 0 0%
100-109 6 11.54%
110-119 3 5.77%
120-129 8 15.38%
130-139 17 32.69%
140-149 11 21.15%
150+ 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I despise those tests. When i was job hunting, i did tons os those, because apparently, any position that didnt involve scrubbing dirt from a floor (and i'm not saying this as a put down. i actually cleaned floor and had no test to do) had to involve this stuff.

Also because it's proven that thios things have no link with actual intelligence whatsoever.

Anyways, since i'm a psychopath self-absorbed, ADD freak, i did the test and scored 104. There, i'm stupid.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I despise those tests. When i was job hunting, i did tons os those, because apparently, any position that didnt involve scrubbing dirt from a floor (and i'm not saying this as a put down. i actually cleaned floor and had no test to do) had to involve this stuff.

Also because it's proven that thios things have no link with actual intelligence whatsoever.

Anyways, since i'm a psychopath self-absorbed, ADD freak, i did the test and scored 104. There, i'm stupid.
According to studies [citation needed], IQ test scores predict job performance better than anything else used by HR, including references and experience claimed on a resume.

You manage to quantify art in one sentence: "something anyone can potentially enjoy with no background", and yet claim intelligence to be unquantifiable.

As for your score, I feel ya. If I didn't have finals to procrastinate, I wouldn't waste time on those shapes either.

Last edited by DWarrior; 05-11-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Taken administered IQ tests 3 times. Scores ranged from 136-139.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
According to studies [citation needed], IQ test scores predict job performance better than anything else used by HR, including references and experience claimed on a resume.

You manage to quantify art in one sentence: "something anyone can potentially enjoy with no background", and yet claim intelligence to be unquantifiable.
Bah. I guess it depends on my definition of "Intelligence". I dont think it is something that has to do with black and white shapes and patterns or number sequences, but something that is directly related with your activities, ability to cope with realistic work scenarios, etc.

The IQ is a ridiculous number that has been slapped on an unquantifiable entity like the human thought, by old school psychologists. Those same groups usually direct the "studies" that support said tests.

In other words: "people who score high on tests WE made are actually intelligent, by the data WE collected. So our tests work. Please use them"

Do i need to point out the idiocy or is it spelled out enough?

If i claimed that the GooGoo test proves the sexual ability of people and then conduct a study that proves that, with subject selected by me, and questions written by me... Does that mean that said test is actually correct?

But, please, pay no attention to me. I'm stupid. Worse, i'm normal. Which means mediocre. Of course i'm not able to perform the job i do everyday at the level i do, cause the test says so. My opinion bears no importance whatsoever.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

I thought it was a good thing, it's no big deal .....

I joined MENSA in 1984 scoring 162, however it came as some surprise to me that the organisation was populated by dysfunctional arrogant wankers.

All it means is that I can work out some things quicker than some people, I find it easy to remember stuff and mathematics are a breeze. Aside from that <meh>

My advice is don't get hung up on the IQ score, just be yourself ... trust me.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotrash karlos View Post
I joined MENSA in 1984 scoring 162, however it came as some surprise to me that the organisation was populated by dysfunctional arrogant wankers.

All it means is that I can work out some things quicker than some people, I find it easy to remember stuff and mathematics are a breeze. Aside from that <meh>

My advice is don't get hung up on the IQ score, just be yourself ... trust me.

Don't you have to pay to be a member of MENSA? I've heard so many people say this exact thing.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

I scored a 126 on the Wechsler when I was 5. I've refused any tests since. I did well when my brain was new and ripe, it can't get any better.

I apparently excel at picture completion and sequences and comprehension. numbers don't like me and it seems I dislike them as well. The report also says I had no problem distancing from my "accompanying adult".
Old 05-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

I could tie this one into the what did you get made fun of for thread.

When I was a kid and my parents were getting divorced I had to take a psych and IQ test. I guess it was part of the decision in who gets custody.
My mom told me she purposefully missed some questions because she wanted to seem dumber and score closer to where she thought I would be.

Thanks mom!
Old 05-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Bah. I guess it depends on my definition of "Intelligence". I dont think it is something that has to do with black and white shapes and patterns or number sequences, but something that is directly related with your activities, ability to cope with realistic work scenarios, etc.
These patterns and number sequences used on IQ tests are a not tested by the same psychologists who created them. Double-blind studies, peer review, and data-mining have all shown their worth.

Your IQ score is a good indicator of how well you will grasp new concepts and how quickly you can learn. I may be able to learn a new language as well as someone with an IQ 30 points higher than me, but that person will likely learn it much faster than me. I may be able to learn composite functions in an hour while somone 30 points below me struggles over days.

It's not a measurement of how much you know, just how fast you are likely to learn and figure things out. If the test was not timed, you may be able to get them all correct. The time limit is an important part of it. To be really accurate, you'd need to time how long a you spend on each question and not guess at ones you don't know.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas View Post
I could tie this one into the what did you get made fun of for thread.

When I was a kid and my parents were getting divorced I had to take a psych and IQ test. I guess it was part of the decision in who gets custody.
My mom told me she purposefully missed some questions because she wanted to seem dumber and score closer to where she thought I would be.

Thanks mom!
Did she realized the test is normalized by age group, so that a kid 100 doesn't score the same # of questions as an adult 100?

Anyway, I doubt they group kids and parents by IQ, it was probably a base test to establish no party was mentally disabled.