Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajjy
This made me giggle....

Fuck that!! Maybe if a stewardess pissed on a hankercheif I'd hold it over my mouth, but she'd have to be mega-fit.

but if you have already pissed yourself how ya gonna pee on the hankercheif?

do you think ahead and piss on the hanky before impact just incase there's smoke

jesus christ i hope i'm not tired when it starts to crash i might forget a step and DIE IN THE PLANE CRASH

who is so arrogant that they would prepare to survive a plane crash by studying?

just die people you're not THAT special
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

I like to have my seat directly above the wings. That's where most of the fuel is stored so in the event of a crash hopefully I will be the first one incinerated so I don't feel anything.
Think about this. I worked as a machinist at Boeing for 5 years. If you get on a Boeing plane theres a chance I made the parts for it. Be afraid kids, be very afraid.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambboy
Think about this.
I find it very hard to think with your avatar around. It's as hypnotic as meatspin, only nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambboy
I worked as a machinist at Boeing for 5 years. If you get on a Boeing plane theres a chance I made the parts for it. Be afraid kids, be very afraid.
You know, making toilet seats doesn't count as machining so much as..... making toilet seats.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus
You know, making toilet seats doesn't count as machining so much as..... making toilet seats.
that avatar is perfect

i get this image of jesus decending to earth and just fucking with people left and right until they make him start his own podcast and then when KATG do their mock prayers one too many times he strikes them down with a plague of brumski crickets

well the vision got a little hazy at "own podcast"

but something like that
Old 11-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh I refuse to get on a plane... ever since I saw Challenger explode on tv.

You may find this disturbing, but I once in a bookshop about 10yrs ago and saw a book that had transcripts from the flight recorder of planes that had crashed!

Wish I'd bought it.
Dude, you might want to check this out :

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

Plenty of transcripts and a few audio files (click on ATC). Some of the audio files are pretty disturbing.

A couple of weeks ago, I had an ultra realistic dream in which my plane was going down. I woke up at the moment of the impact... It a funny feeling to know with certainty that you are living your last seconds. Scary but an interesting experience.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

So if the plane i'm on, crashes into the side of a mountain, the seat belt will protect me...

Hmm.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Speaking as someone who has a crippling fear of flying, if I was on a plane and it was going to crash, I'd be in too much of a blind panic to remember any of these instructions.
what's to be afraid of, are you afraid to cross the road?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:42 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
but if you have already pissed yourself how ya gonna pee on the hankercheif?
the fireman on my fire training course said that the wet handkerchief is useless, and it wont stop the smoke from killing you.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r
what's to be afraid of, are you afraid to cross the road?
Not the same dude. Planes are so old nowadays, and there's always human neglect to consider in the maintenance of the plane.

Hey, all this bullshit about "statiscally your more likely to die behind the wheel of a car than in a plane" is only true because you spend a bigger chunk of your life behind the wheel of a car than you do in a plane.... so if your going to die, statistically (and obviously) its more than likely to happen when your in a car, than when your in a plane.

Statiscally, some people are more likely to die on the toilet, than behind the wheel of a car, which is supposedly more likely to happen than when your on a plane.

So in theory, your more likely to die on the toilet, than you are in a plane crash.

Fuck that, I'll take my chances having a poo.

(What if your on the toilet in the plane, whilst its gonna crash? Does that give you a "Get out of jail free" card? )
Old 11-12-2006, 05:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r
the fireman on my fire training course said that the wet handkerchief is useless, and it wont stop the smoke from killing you.
Didn't stop you from holding their piss stained hankies to your face all night thought did it? Whilst giving yourself a Sherman.