Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
im allergic to peaches. sometimes i eat peach cobbler anyway. allergic reactions can dramatically change and can be fairly random about it. hopefully, what makes my mouth itch today wont eventually kill me. thats the fun part about food allergies, you just never know.
Sometimes it can be the skin or whatnot that causes the reaction, so the main thing is just pinpointing what it is. If the discomfort is only mild, then it's a balancing act about who much aggravation one can handle.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

I get that same itchy / burning feeling as spooky when I eat any type of melon, tomatoes, avacados, bean sprouts, or cucumber. I go on eating the stuff anyway. I don't think it will just all of a sudden get worse one day. I think it'll slowly get worse and then when it does I'll just stop eating the stuff.

Oh, I'm also allergic to cigarettes but I've smoked for 21 years. Smart stuff.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:02 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
whenever i see a hot girl my penis has a reaction and swells all up.
DAMMIT you beat me to it.

(no pun)
Old 08-07-2006, 08:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

I once had a housemate who was pretty violently allergic to cinnamon - he'd turn bright red, start sweating, feel faint etc.

Needless to say whenever it was my turn to cook I made sure I whacked some cinnamon into the dish even if the recipe didn't call for it.

And he was a nice guy as well, so it was done for pure malicious entertainment value. What fun.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:09 AM   #15 (permalink)

There was a girl I went to school with that I HATED, because she was allergic to peanuts. I don't know why this bothered me, but she would constantly talk about it in a condescending voice: "If I even smell peanut butter I'll go into shock," or, "If there is peanut dust in the room I can die if I inhale it!" The point being that she was basically mad at everyone in the school for having eaten a peanut at any time ever because it was tantamount to them wanting to kill her.

She would even get mad (actually yell and scream in anger) at people she didn't know who were eating things that may contain peanuts. Well guess what, school's not for you! If you can die by smelling peanut dust maybe you shouldn't be around people who may not know and who may eat a Reese's peanut butter cup 40 feet away from you. And just because of that, I wanted to smear peanut butter on her. But I didn't, because that would make me a murderer.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby
There was a girl I went to school with that I HATED, because she was allergic to peanuts. I don't know why this bothered me, but she would constantly talk about it in a condescending voice: "If I even smell peanut butter I'll go into shock," or, "If there is peanut dust in the room I can die if I inhale it!" The point being that she was basically mad at everyone in the school for having eaten a peanut at any time ever because it was tantamount to them wanting to kill her.

She would even get mad (actually yell and scream in anger) at people she didn't know who were eating things that may contain peanuts. Well guess what, school's not for you! If you can die by smelling peanut dust maybe you shouldn't be around people who may not know and who may eat a Reese's peanut butter cup 40 feet away from you. And just because of that, I wanted to smear peanut butter on her. But I didn't, because that would make me a murderer.
There was a guy I hung out with in University who said he was deathly allergic to caffeine. He claimed that if he even took a sip of coffee he'd fall down dead right then and there.

So everytime we went to Starbucks he'd order tea (not herbal) or an Americano. Fuckin' retard.

None of us ever pointed it out to him, and I'm sure he's still making the same claims to this day.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe
So everytime we went to Starbucks he'd order tea (not herbal) or an Americano. Fuckin' retard.
Green tea has even more caffeine than coffee; what a jackass. Also, regular coffee has far more caffeine than espresso does. Most people find this hard to believe.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby
Green tea has even more caffeine than coffee; what a jackass. Also, regular coffee has far more caffeine than espresso does. Most people find this hard to believe.
The longer you bake beans, the less caffeine. No one ever believes me either.

My brother in law always gets the dark roast because he wants that extra pickmeup. He just doesn't listen.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoav
Every time I eat certain types of chocolate I sneeze, like 3 or 4 times in a row. I heard some people sneeze when they see a certain colour, I was wondering if anyone else here had weird reactions to stuff.
Shalom achi. Are you my cousin Yoav from Tel Aviv?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe
The longer you bake beans, the less caffeine. No one ever believes me either.

My brother in law always gets the dark roast because he wants that extra pickmeup. He just doesn't listen.
That is why Starbuck's "Espresso Roast" is disgusting. It is way too over-roasted and apparently has less caffeine. I'll stick with my Sumatra drip roast, thank you very much! (Read that in the Keet's dad fake-laugh-for-a-whole-sentence voice)