Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: iPhone 4...who's upgrading?
Yes, I'll be upgrading. 32 48.48%
No, fine where I am. 17 25.76%
FUCK CRAPPLE! 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
It's a new type of glass, but ya I'm waiting to see someone try to break it.
On the plus side, all those iphone cases will just cover up the back glass anyways.
unless it's the shit they make the city aquarium tanks out of I'll wait to see, in the meanwhile I'm going to give Android a shot on the Evo and save a few $ on usage charges in the process
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
Yea, I'm about to hit the 2 year mark and this refresh is def worth upgrading, my only complaint is having to say goodbye to my unlimited plan since this new phone is gonna be a bandwidth beast
If you already have an iphone all you can eat plan, then you are grandfathered in and that includes upgrading to the new one. ATT answered that question on their facebook page when it was announced.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

No. Not worth the money.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

As someone with an N95 who's been waiting to upgrade for at least a year and a half, I was looking forward to seeing if it was worth it.

The cameras and multitasking finally bring it up to date with (if not ahead of) the competition, video calling is a joke (we had that about ten years ago on 3g and didn't use it then either) and it bothers me that I pretty much have to buy a case for it (it's not good engineering if I can't take my phone outside without a case).

On the plus side, it's a good looking redesign, nice -if stupidly named - screen, the antenna tech is interesting and the video/editing is brilliant (though i'm not sure i'd use it).

The most worthwhile thing about the phone is still the aps. I'll wait and see if any UK retailers don't take the piss with their pricing.

In short: Apple are still Apple.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:00 AM   #15 (permalink)

Got a 3gs, I can certainly wait. Here in australia, I'd rather put my money into getting away from Optus and their shitty coverage than getting a new phone.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My mobile phone contract is running out in July and I have been planning to get an iphone for my next contract for quite a while now even if that means switching to stupid, annoying, hating them with a passion T-mobile

I'll miss my poor abused and much smaller Nokia that iI could just put in my pants-pocket or drop in my purse unprotected as I now have to worry about scratches and being much more careful but I guess that is the price I have to pay for getting a pretty toy.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #17 (permalink)

Interesting that the general feeling is against the glass - I love the idea of glass on both sides. At the moment, I have an invisi-shield (zagg.com) on my 3gS and I wish I didn't have to use it. I'm not concerned about scratches at all on the front, it's only the back that I've been worried about. Now with glass on both sides, I'm keen as!

The video on the apple site did it for me - I wish I would use video calling, but I really don't think I will. Love the idea of video editing software, and I'm equally keen on multi tasking. The added battery life is going to be awesome.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

I was about to get an Android HTC, cause, you know, Verison. but then I read the transcrpt of the iPhone 4 reveal.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Old 06-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzlewizzle View Post
Got a 3gs, I can certainly wait. Here in australia, I'd rather put my money into getting away from Optus and their shitty coverage than getting a new phone.
That - and the fact that the talk is the new phone is going to be priced above the AUD$1000 mark outright. The current pricing forecasts put the handset at AUD$500 as a release price for Americans - which means another 500 is being tacked on as a premium.

Rotten Apple.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Want a palm sized computer for your pocket it's going to cost some money.