Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

KATG on Marc Maron's WTF

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episod...h_and_the_girl

Keith Malley and Chemda are two of the earliest pioneers of podcasting. Their hit show Keith and The Girl paved the way for WTF. Marc welcomes them to the garage to talk about religion, sexuality and relationships.

Be sure to leave a comment through the link above.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Can't wait to hear this show! I've been waning it since KATG went to LA in the summer- finally!!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I liked how he confused Patrices
Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Great show! I was honestly surprised at how for the most part Marc treated Keith and Chemda as his equals. Sure he threw in some condescension when Keiths stand up came up but he really kept it reined in. Keith and Chemda totally rocked the interview.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Wow. That episode went great. As a listener, I don't think it gets much better than that. As a fan, I'm relieved. If only Marc could drink. I truly think Keith could fix his "Your not hearing what is being said" problem on his very healing, ultra-intoxicating(cated) show 'What's My Name. Also, I think that Marc has a mini-crush on Chemda, but then, who wouldn't?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
he threw in some condescension when Keiths stand up came up but he really kept it reined in. Keith and Chemda totally rocked the interview.
When Marc asked, "Who buys your albums?" It really drove home the whole 'jealous comedian - thing. I mean, who the fuck else would buy them? I can't imagine ANYONE buying a Marc Maron album w/ out being a fan. I think there's something to be said about 'putting in the work - on the road' but really, who cares? Keith could lie. He could say he's dedicated his life to stand up..but then what? So glad Keith has an immediate and honest reply to this issue. Also, really glad Marc didn't have Keith's new album. It's good, but it most certainly would have put Marc into that head-space of 'absolute verbal eviceration' rant that all of us know, love, and cringe at. I say this in all sincerety, "could this episode have gone any better?"
Old 11-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow! This is so exciting! The only thing I can compare it to is seeing a close friend taking a shit.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
When Marc asked, "Who buys your albums?" It really drove home the whole 'jealous comedian - thing. I mean, who the fuck else would buy them? I can't imagine ANYONE buying a Marc Maron album w/ out being a fan. I think there's something to be said about 'putting in the work - on the road' but really, who cares? Keith could lie. He could say he's dedicated his life to stand up..but then what? So glad Keith has an immediate and honest reply to this issue. Also, really glad Marc didn't have Keith's new album. It's good, but it most certainly would have put Marc into that head-space of 'absolute verbal eviceration' rant that all of us know, love, and cringe at. I say this in all sincerety, "could this episode have gone any better?"
Yea, I noticed how that caught marc off, he was probably expecting keith to either just mumble out an answer or try and defend how he is a standup which he didn't do. Hopefully this leads to marc being on the show again sometime in the near future. I was expecting him to have this "ugh someones forcing me to do this" attitude but he honestly seemed to have enjoyed the talk.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
I was expecting him to have this "ugh someones forcing me to do this" attitude
Have you noticed that tone in any of his other interviews? Aren't all his guests of his own choosing? I also don't remember his KATG appearances, so maybe I'm unaware of some tension.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
Have you noticed that tone in any of his other interviews? Aren't all his guests of his own choosing? I also don't remember his KATG appearances, so maybe I'm unaware of some tension.
I've listened to pretty much all his shows and there's plenty where if he doesn't respect the guest he'll groan through the interview and constantly feel the need to assert his superiority. He mostly does it to the younger comedians.