Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

I know how to do that. Thanks, spelchek.

Although I work at home, I'm not 100% positive I'm going to have a break in my schedule in time to record at 11:30/2:30, so unless I can figure out how to edit the file down, I'm going to just upload the entire file, whatever records from 9:30/12:30 on, when I can start the recorder, so you'll all have to fast forward through whatever is on before Jay.

And I'll feel a lot better about opening my big mouth about this when we get some kind of confirmation from Keith and Chemda that they are in fact going to be on tomorrow. According to the producer, they're going to be at Sirius studios for the interview (Jay works from CA, so they won't get to meet him in person, unfortunately).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juline
I'm going to just upload the entire file, whatever records from 9:30/12:30 on, when I can start the recorder, so you'll all have to fast forward through whatever is on before Jay.
Juline, if you send just me the link to the uploaded file, I'll edit it down to the parts that we wanna hear and re-upload it. No problem.

And a big: Thaaaaaaaaaaank Youuuuuuuuuu!
Old 08-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

one of the sites used on here is

http://www.uploading.com
Old 08-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't know if any of you listen to Jay, but I enjoy it. Sort of like Howard for old(er) people, and on at a time during the day when I can listen.

Anyway, he's always asking for guest suggestions, so I wrote in and suggested that Keth and Chemda would be perfect for his show. And guess what -- I got an email back from the show saying they'll be on tomorrow, Wednesday, at 2:30p EST. I didn't go into a ton of detail about the show, just used their own words, "KATG talk shit," and maybe I could have mentioned they have some choice things to say about Podshow <g>, but also that they talk about everything and anything, from sex to clowns. So if you've got Sirius, listen up!

If I'm off work in time to record it, I will. I record from Sirius all the time, but have never transferred it to my computer. Is there a place here where I can upload it, or submit it to someone for uploading, assuming I am successful?
That is wicked. I hope you have a chance to record it.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
And I'll feel a lot better about opening my big mouth about this when we get some kind of confirmation from Keith and Chemda that they are in fact going to be on tomorrow. According to the producer, they're going to be at Sirius studios for the interview (Jay works from CA, so they won't get to meet him in person, unfortunately).
they just mentioned it on the preshow. so yep. i guess its happening. since i dont have sirius radio, i hope it gets recorded...
Old 08-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Not sure if this will work, but you can get a free 3 day trial on Sirius Radio online. So maybe we can all listen for free and record it. Who knows. Here's the link to Jay's show page.http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...=1126670695399
Old 08-01-2006, 10:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Definitely worth a try -- Jay's show is one of the few talk stations that is actually online.

I'm still planning on recording it, but I'm stuck with how to convert it to a file that everyone here can use. I've tried converting my Creative .wav files to an mp3 in iTunes, but that's not working. I've already figured out where to upload it, arcatacat has offered to edit out the rest of the show, now I just need someone to convert it for me. Any takers?
Old 08-01-2006, 10:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Definitely worth a try -- Jay's show is one of the few talk stations that is actually online.

I'm still planning on recording it, but I'm stuck with how to convert it to a file that everyone here can use. I've tried converting my Creative .wav files to an mp3 in iTunes, but that's not working. I've already figured out where to upload it, arcatacat has offered to edit out the rest of the show, now I just need someone to convert it for me. Any takers?
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=10#10
I use BeSweet, but it's a bit complicated. There're a ton of programs out there that will do it. Check the link.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
...arcatacat has offered to edit out the rest of the show, now I just need someone to convert it for me. Any takers?
I made that offer yesterday before I recorded 5 hours of Pre-show last night. Looks like I have a lot more editing in my future than I thought I would ever have.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #20 (permalink)

yes please record it!!