Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Is Keith the Andy Rooney for the next generation?
Yes, he's turning into a grumpy old man 20 50.00%
No, he's completely different 20 50.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I don't think anyone's having a big fit over it. I just think it's ridiculous. It's not to meet up, you just want people to know you got out.

And people are also reading magazines today I guess. No worries.

Everything's fine, Bryan.

Everything's a big deal with these kids today...
Yeah in the big scheme of things, off course it isn't.

And I agree, the services are being overly abused by people that just want to show off "Oh look at me everybody I'm hip cause I'm here now", yet I do think there is a role for these networks to be used as a way to connect our digital lives to our real ones. Although this off course only applies to those who venture outside of their home

Books are dying because of the idiocracy effect (we are getting dumber) and magazines are dead but publishers are trying new things with internet and tablets like the iPad.

Facebook | JustBryan.nl | Twitter
"Bryan is a legend!"- OCD-dude
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I don't think anyone's having a big fit over it. I just think it's ridiculous. It's not to meet up, you just want people to know you got out.
plus it's useful to publicize and rate your favorite hangouts.....or trash a crappy waitress...
Old 08-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy View Post
plus it's useful to publicize and rate your favorite hangouts.....or trash a crappy waitress...
I dont like hangouts and waitresses. I dont get kids today, they seem so worried with internet stuff.

I do like other tings: globes, vaginas, beer, vodka, rock bands, american flags...
Old 08-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbling Bryan View Post
Books are dying because of the idiocracy effect (we are getting dumber) and magazines are dead but publishers are trying new things with internet and tablets like the iPad.
People were just as stupid 50 years ago.

Books and magazines are dead because of electronics, not because people are stupid.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
People were just as stupid 50 years ago.

Books and magazines are dead because of electronics, not because people are stupid.
People being less or more stupid 50 years ago is an interesting discussion that can go on for a long time. We've heard it go down on the show.
I really think that, especially a big part of the younger generation is letting themselves not think because they are brought up with technology they can rely on.

If you mean that books and magazines are dead because electronics replaces the tangible versions I think you are wrong. Younger people are not NOT buying books because they're reading them on their computer or ipads.
Books are dead because people aren't reading.

Electronics or at least technology did replace books and magazines in a way that they replaced them as forms of entertainment.
Books are replaced by movies and tv and magazines are replaced by blogs and websites, although even the latter is only read and used by a small procent of society.

The magazines aren't such a big deal but I think it's important to read books, it stimulates your brain to fill in pieces of a story on your own and not just sit back look and listen.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbling Bryan View Post
If you mean that books and magazines are dead because electronics replaces the tangible versions I think you are wrong. Younger people are not NOT buying books because they're reading them on their computer or ipads.
Books are dead because people aren't reading.
Debateable, I read the forums almost daily, certainly an electronic form of entertainment that could be replacing time that I might be spending reading physical media.