Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by delemi
Thought I would say congrads to Keith and the Girl for being number 1, yet again. Did anyone notice Dawn and Drew are not even in the top 20 anymore. Demoted, hopefully permanetly to number 22. :P Even after Podshow put them on MTV and their spot in Penthouse there raitings continue to dwindle. Once in the top five this group is spinning out of control. As Mr. Cash said, "going down, down, down". One more time congrads. Many more years of luck to you guys. I have listen to all of your shows but three. However I will catch up on those this weekend when I drive from Denver to Spokane, Wa.

I believe Mr. Cash also said "and it burns, burns, burns."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:31 PM   #22 (permalink)

Now that we have the "geeky" podcasters all sown up, how about keith and the girl works on getting an iTunes ranking.

Lets pick an hour or two period, and then everyone sign up to KATG on iTunes during that period. We'll be in the top 10 for a bit and get tonnes of new listenerers!
Old 06-10-2006, 09:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

Ratings

I don't believe there is any true rating system, because of all the different sites using different systems to judge one shows place on the stepping stool of achievement. However, since we all use the "podcast alley" to show our support for Keith and the Girl and so do some of the others, D&D and FTL, I believe it's acurate to a point. As far as iTunes is concerned I believe it has no idea what is popular to the listners. Itunes only knows what is downloaded through there software daily, and is trying to promote new podcast, and iPod sales. I work as a vendor at Sam's and Costco and you wouldn't believe how many iPods and Creative Zen Players leave those stores each day.

Wayne Lewis
Spokane, Wa
Old 06-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by delemi
I don't believe there is any true rating system, because of all the different sites using different systems to judge one shows place on the stepping stool of achievement. However, since we all use the "podcast alley" to show our support for Keith and the Girl and so do some of the others, D&D and FTL, I believe it's acurate to a point. As far as iTunes is concerned I believe it has no idea what is popular to the listners. Itunes only knows what is downloaded through there software daily, and is trying to promote new podcast, and iPod sales. I work as a vendor at Sam's and Costco and you wouldn't believe how many iPods and Creative Zen Players leave those stores each day.

Wayne Lewis
Spokane, Wa
what about http://podcastawards.com

even d&d won something last year, unbelivable...
Old 06-13-2006, 06:53 AM   #25 (permalink)

is it weird to anyone else that katg is 14 on this list?

https://www.libsyn.com/hott100
Old 06-13-2006, 07:27 AM   #26 (permalink)

I think that the libsyn list does not count aggregaters like itunes.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:56 AM   #27 (permalink)

Keep working hard arranging those deck chair on the titanic, boys...

while congress is half-way toward giving AOL/Time Warner (or their corporate owners) the 'right' to determine who is worthy of even HAVING a fucking podcast. If Chemda thinks she's getting fucked w/out lube now...just wait until THEY are the one's deciding who's better...D&D or KATG...hmmm....I wonder who the idiots will choose...

As it stands now, they will be able to extort exhorbitant fees from whomever they like for whatever reason they like. If they want to kill KATG all they have to do is make the cost so high that they (and we) won't be able to pay to have them on the internet. But you know what? I bet the last episode of Survivor (or whatever is popular on the TEEVEE right now) will download in a jiffy. MMMMM...great....teevee drivel now on the internet. I can't wait....Oh ya...and they'll probably have ads...just like teevee. Oh boy. Endless commercials. This congress is going to hand over the internet to the telecoms who have operated so well in the public interest in the past (right Chemda?). I'm SURE they'll do the right thing...

The last hope is that the Senate will be shamed into preserving some shred of credibility. However, I'm betting that they will roll over. But five years from now (or sooner!) as you sit around with your friends asking yourselves what happened to the internet, if you want to say you at least tried to save it, go to savetheinternet.com, then email your idiot senator.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoldier
is it weird to anyone else that katg is 14 on this list?

https://www.libsyn.com/hott100
From their site:

Quote:
Our Hott 100 list is generated based on total impressions for a single show, across all episodes, in the last 24hrs. It's meant to be a fun snapshot in time of what the hottest shows are today. If you are new to podcasting, and are looking for a great place to get started, you can start with these.
I honestly don't know what "total impressions for a single show, across all episodes, in the last 24hrs" means however.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
i gotta LOLo coaster at that one
-5 point for pimping your OWN joke
Old 06-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSLIN
while congress is half-way toward giving AOL/Time Warner (or their corporate owners) the 'right' to determine who is worthy of even HAVING a fucking podcast. If Chemda thinks she's getting fucked w/out lube now...just wait until THEY are the one's deciding who's better...D&D or KATG...hmmm....I wonder who the idiots will choose...

As it stands now, they will be able to extort exhorbitant fees from whomever they like for whatever reason they like.blah blah blahblahblah blah blahblah
Wtf are you babbling about?