Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadwolrab View Post
I've never even heard of fibro, does it have a different name in other countries?
Fibromyalgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It' pretty much a variation on the same name. Like Lupus or Multiple Sclerosys, it's one of those chronic illnesses that people do not know enough about or never even heard of because it's not as trendy and sponsorized as others...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #22 (permalink)

Junk - I'm sorry to hear of your bad experiences with doctors and meds. I hope you find peace.

Responsible doctors and patients can have bad experiences when pushed by aggressive pharma. It IS a sad state of affairs. Spread the word. But watch out for the hysteria is all I'm saying here.

I've been saddened by the poor care our friend Rhian has received here in Canada. Clueless, foot dragging clods. There is surprisingly little known about FMS/Lupus/CFS and its treatment. I want the best for her but can only watch her brave her way through this mysterious illness.

There are endless examples of "date rape" cases in media but I still fear most are young people taking the wrong dope with the wrong people at the wrong time/place and the media helps spread the FUD. Being a motherhood issue it takes on a life of it's own.

E/GBH is EVERYWHERE. Did you see the US military is about to give Ecstasy to war vets for PTSD ? It is bound to be abused.

Also look at the Oxycontin epidemic racing around the world. Alcohol, Pot, Heroine, Cocaine, Speed, E, GBH, etc etc. It has been all around us forever whether you like it or not. Doctors want in on the medicating pie!

Our body is a machine for living. It is organized for that, it is its nature. Let life go on in it unhindered and let it defend itself, it will do more than if you paralyze it by encumbering it with remedies. ~Leo Tolstoy
Old 08-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #23 (permalink)

I agree that watching out for hysteria is good, but that dangerously leads to apathy and indifference. I want to give up social working every day because i keep meeting the utter indifference, or the complete spite of people who think that things like Healthcare gone nuts cannot be stopped. And that trying to change and not giving up is stupid or pretentious.

I keep seeing people who dont give a fuck about anything no matter how big the issue is and point and laugh at people who want to get involved. I cannot stop trying at least to raise awareness. And one case out of,say, five could be hysteria but helps fighting indifference and apathy.

I'm at peace but i dont want to become a cynical ass who says "who cares,m it's all bullshit, anyways" (not talking about you Tech, it's just the majority's reaction to any kind of attempt at promoting a cause)
Old 08-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #24 (permalink)

Obviously I do agree that doctors pushing things on you is dangerous, but for people with chronic pain, they should at least have a choice. Pain can make it difficult to sleep, plus coping with pain exhausts you anyway, so a drug-enabled good night's sleep could make a major difference in some peoples' lives. Some drugs may turn you into a zombie, but if you're tired all the time it's difficult not to be half a zombie anyway. Some drugs can work well for some people.
For this particular drug, Nettie-poo seems to have a good point that the speed with which the drug acts may make it difficult for this drug to be the number one choice for date rapists.

Last edited by Anxious Nerd; 08-07-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #25 (permalink)

Agreed that there should be a choice, but the choice turned from "Pain and no side effects vs No Pain but slight side effects" to "Pain but no side effects vs Addiction and numbness".

And as much as it may sound like a conspiracy theorist thing (and i hate those guys cause they made all reasoning sound stupid), most of the drug companies are manifacturing drugs that are more focused on creating a zonked out addiciton than actually helping the patient through day to day living. They're pushing the removal of external symptoms rather than solving problems.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

your making a bigger deal out of thos than it is. I'm sure those doses its given in wont lead to the full blown comatose effects of GHB when used in very high recreational doses. Its used as a workout supplement and used to be completely legal until it was abused by athletes. It wouldnt be used recreationally if all it did was put you in a coma during which you get raped. and if they were going to use it in a high dose like they do for those with narcolepsy it would come along with the same instructions of lay down immediately after consumption. rapists dont appear when you take ghb
Old 08-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
And as much as it may sound like a conspiracy theorist thing (and i hate those guys cause they made all reasoning sound stupid), most of the drug companies are manifacturing drugs that are more focused on creating a zonked out addiciton than actually helping the patient through day to day living. They're pushing the removal of external symptoms rather than solving problems.
Okay Tom Cruise. I bet if we just helped treat people's thetans with magic instead of using chemicals we'd all be better off.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #28 (permalink)

Oh yeah I forgot to add - I saw a tweet mentioning there maybe some talk about SOMEONE taking E recently.

Listen in Live Monday on KATG ...
Old 08-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
Okay Tom Cruise. I bet if we just helped treat people's thetans with magic instead of using chemicals we'd all be better off.
can you stop being a sarcastic asshole for once and just say what you have to say without being condescending. I'm trying to talk about things i believe in here. Your snarky attitude is what reallyu is taking away any will to do anything good i have in life. I used to be èpassionate about things, now everytime i meet some cynical sarcastic dick that only argues through witty remarks, i loose a bit of me and i'm about to give up. Not that you give a shit, probably it's your pastime, but it makes people miserable.

Anyway, i wasnt talking about ALL drugs and ALL chemicals. Cruise is against all type of altering chemicals (as a scientology) and that's is absolutely nuts. I'm just against drugs that are too strong or not adequately tested but are still pushed on the market for lucrative purposes.

Now if you can discuss this normally, let's go on. But if you have to give me another snarky one liner, please dont. Because as much as this is a debate on a forum and as such it has zero relevance, i have to deal with similar issues in real life too. And your reaction is what's making me want to give up on everything,
Old 08-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #30 (permalink)

Want my opinion without sarcasm fine, but without being condescending is a problem because I think you're argument is so off base it's silly. But don't slice wrists on my account buddy.