Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree15Likes

Old 09-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

The Official MMA Thread

Talk about all things MMA. What's on your mind?

Shane Carwin vs Brock Lesnar - Who ya got?

I think Carwin has a very good shot at taking Lesnar down. Carwin is a division II wrestling champ, is just as heavy as Lesnar, has bigger hands than Lesnar, and I think he has way more technical skill in both boxing and has adequete grappling. With the nearly equal wrestling background and and equal size, Lesnar isn't going to have a walk in the park taking Carwin down. Lesnar has never fought anyone his size and with just as good wrestling as him. It's going to be a stand up war.

Carwin is 11-0, and in 11 bouts, has never been past 2:11 of the first round. In the UFC he's 3-0, and has never been past 1:31 of the first round.
Three wins by KO punch, 3 wins by TKO punches, 5 by submission (armbar, guillotine, 2xRear Naked, strikes).

Carwin by KO/TKO in the first round.

Last edited by Astigos; 09-13-2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: changed to KO/TKO
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
Talk about all things MMA. What's on your mind?

Shane Carwin vs Brock Lesnar - Who ya got?

I think Carwin has a very good shot at taking Lesnar down. Carwin is a division II wrestling champ, is just as heavy as Lesnar, has bigger hands than Lesnar, and I think he has way more technical skill in both boxing and has adequete grappling. With the nearly equal wrestling background and and equal size, Lesnar isn't going to have a walk in the park taking Carwin down. Lesnar has never fought anyone his size and with just as good wrestling as him. It's going to be a stand up war.

Carwin is 11-0, and in 11 bouts, has never been past 2:11 of the first round. In the UFC he's 3-0, and has never been past 1:31 of the first round.
Three wins by KO punch, 3 wins by TKO punches, 5 by submission (armbar, guillotine, 2xRear Naked, strikes).

Carwin by KO in the first round.
I got Fedor.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well of course, Fedor.

I wanna see more of Gegard Mousasi. He's Fedor's training partner, and is essentially mini Fedor. Gegard could be legendary in the Light Heavyweight division.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Are you high? Brock's gonna destroy Carwin, there's no way Shane will make it past the second round. It will be a little while before you see Lesnar beaten, they need to cancel that damn fight anyways. Throw Big Nog in there and let's get this shit over with.

On Mousasi, god I love that guy. He's not mini-Fedor, no one is. Actually there is a baby Fedor, but he's tested positive for roids which is just hilarious.

Anyone catch Shark Fights this weekend? Dave Herman's a monster, kinda pissed to see Don Frye lose though. Now there's a guy who would make an awesome guest on KATG.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
Are you high? Brock's gonna destroy Carwin, there's no way Shane will make it past the second round. It will be a little while before you see Lesnar beaten, they need to cancel that damn fight anyways. Throw Big Nog in there and let's get this shit over with.

On Mousasi, god I love that guy. He's not mini-Fedor, no one is. Actually there is a baby Fedor, but he's tested positive for roids which is just hilarious.

Anyone catch Shark Fights this weekend? Dave Herman's a monster, kinda pissed to see Don Frye lose though. Now there's a guy who would make an awesome guest on KATG.
Big Nog has less of a chance than Carwin. It's the size that's making the biggest difference. Fighting a wrestler with 40 pounds on you is a terrible idea. Mir is such an incredible technician, but it was simply overpowered by size and strength.

Lesnar is fighting a mirror image of himself. It's gonna be amazing.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mir is shit, watch how great he does now. He got lucky against Nog. A year from now he'll be but a memory.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
Mir is shit, watch how great he does now. He got lucky against Nog. A year from now he'll be but a memory.
I haven't seen enough of Mir to judge either way. But I'm a fan because on Spike they replay Lesnar vs Mir 1 a lot. Technical prowess can overtake that hulking behemoth.

BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez - Who ya got?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

fedor was scared of lesnar. thats why he didnt sign. Lesnar will crush this dude.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by better dylan View Post
fedor was scared of lesnar. thats why he didnt sign. Lesnar will crush this dude.
I'm going to assume Fedor didn't sign because the UFC contract has some very scary clauses and Dana White can rule with an iron fist at times.

Do you know about the "Champion's Clause"? I read about it recently. Here's the champion's clause of the UFC contract verbatim:
Quote:
“if, at the expiration of the Term, Fighter is then UFC champion, the Term shall be automatically extended for a period commencing on the Termination Date and ending on the earlier of (i) one (1) year from the Termination Date; or (ii) the date on which Fighter has participated in three (3) bouts promoted by ZUFFA following the Termination Date (”Extension Term”). Any references to the Term herein shall be deemed to include a reference to the Extension Term, where applicable.”
Every major fight promotion has this clause (Strikeforce and Bellator), but the UFC's clause is the worst because it can be interpreted to be infinitely perpetual. Strikeforce and Bellator's champion's clauses both have mention of a limit that the champion's clause can be repeated.

Dana White has openly stated that any UFC fighter that signs with EA for the new EA MMA video game would get blacklisted. Dana White often doesn't allow fighters to compete in other tournaments or events. Dana said that if Fedor signed he wouldn't be able to compete in World Sambo or Judo tournaments. And obviously the UFC won't allow fighters to participate in other fight promotions (Fedor is adamant about also fighting in M-1 Global) but that's pretty understandable.

The UFC might be the biggest and the best fight promotion but it does have some monopolistic tendencies and duplicity about it. The UFC needs competition, it's almost a good thing that the best fighter in the world isn't in the UFC. Strikeforce may be lacking right now, but I'm hoping that it'll pull through so with competition means better fights for all the fans.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

No, Fedor didn't sign with the UFC because his management team are a bunch of greedy assholes. They're basically trying to build their entire company and make their living off of Fedor. The reason he didn't sign with the UFC is that they required co-promotion with M-1 Global. UFC doesn't co-promote with anyone, and to be more specific they have nothing to gain from working with M-1. Who the hell is M-1 even? Yes, I've seen some of their cards and I'll watch it because I watch the sport, but they're no one. The fact that the UFC was willing to let him compete in combat sambo says a whole hell of a lot as to how badly they wanted him. They don't let anyone compete outside the UFC in an event that involves striking (God I'm excited to ADCC btw).

As for Penn vs Sanchez, I got Penn. I'll always take Penn, he's my boy like that and he always has been.