Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

I'm going to have to plead the 5th here.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

See the thing is that the music and film industri are dumb and crying over everything and they always end up makeing money on the new technology.
for example tape recorders VCR, DVDs, MP3 players etc.

And when looking in to it from an economic point of view the music and film industri is plain wrong.

Take a look at this

http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-5181562.html

Harvard guys says that the music that people download they wouldn't buy anyway.

An other argument is that the industries are just plain lazy, years ago they should have seen that this was comeing to stay and they should have made i more attractive to buy CD or DVDs.
They should do something like they with DVD's now with commentary. So that they customers gets something extra.

The latets study i saw was from some swedish guy which study showed that people who used p2p buys more music then people who doesn't use p2p.

The arguments could keep comeing, but in other words the music and movie industri should look at P2P as a new form of marketing.
463: We're Done Talking 1:11:32
Chemda "Blobby is my favorit"

Old 08-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #23 (permalink)

Why does everyone feel the need to walk on egg shells around this stuff? Yeah, I'll download anything, any time.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:51 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekstar
Why does everyone feel the need to walk on egg shells around this stuff? Yeah, I'll download anything, any time.
Maybe because some of us have been pursued by the RIAA and the MPAA and we don't even live in that stupid fuckin' country.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #25 (permalink)

I can't justify it anyway I want, but piracy is bad, and just because you don't think someone deserves your money, it doesn't mean that people aren't entitled to it. It's like going to the supermarket, getting a bottle of milk, and giving the cashier a nickel for it. In our mind we may have paid for it, but this is just a way of justifying it to ourselves.

That said, I am a douche bag, and I do download, but I do also know that I'm doing something that is wrong.

Music: I've been buying more music lately, both online and offline, but still download some of the more generic stuff. I download and listen to A LOT of recorded radio, not satellite mind you, and I guess the legality is in a grey area on that one.

Movies: I don't download them, mainly because I just use the Australian version of Netflix to get them if I really want to watch something. I think the last movie I downloaded was The Aristocrats, and mainly because it took upwards of half a year to come to Australia.

TV: This is am very guilty of. I download a lot of TV, as I mainly use torrents as my version of a Tivo these days. I can't justify it, all I can say is that there are a lot of quality shows on these days, and I either can't be bothered waiting until when and if they get shown here in Australia, or I just like the convenience of watching them when I want.

Like the old adage, do as I say and not as I do.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

its very simple really
1.i could pay for stuff
2.i could not pay for stuff

music - so the band doesnt get any money its overpriced shit anyway and most of it i dont like what if u like one song and u have to buy a whole album just to get it, fuck that

films - i dont download films most suck anyway

tv - i download some tv seris because i dont want to w8 a year or so for them to come out here and i dont want to buy a DVD

games / software - sometimes i pay sometimes i dont all depends on if someone has a crack for the software / game and if the crack lets u use all the features get the updates play the game online etc etc
Old 08-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #27 (permalink)

Dear leprechaun,

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCK YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU!

Love Cubby
Old 08-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #28 (permalink)

Internet piracy isn't like anything at all. It's completely new, hense all the controversy. Analogies simply don't work with the situation.

I don't really feel like I should be justifying myself, so I'll just say that it's a reality, and not some philosophical point to be argued. It's here, and it always will be. My country's legal system has promised that downloading media through P2P programs should remain legal well into the forseeable future, and many of our big artists have teamed up to form a sizable anti-RIAA group. I honestly don't know about the US, but the RIAA have no juristiction in Canada. I fail to see how downloading TV shows (which is, simply skipping the commercials) is wrong, since digital media recorders do the same thing, as does changing the channel on your own television. If you're concerned with giving people what they're due, then shouldn't one be watching every commercial to the shows you watch on your television? But we're not really concerned about that. We just want to make ourselves feel better.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby
Dear leprechaun,

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCK YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU!

Love Cubby
i like this forum allready
Old 08-12-2006, 09:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun
i like this forum allready
That, sir, is a refreshing attitude after receiving a welcoming burst of "fuuuuccck yooouuu!" You will do well here...