Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

I was thinking about $1 or $2 per month for all shows, not $1 per show. They're certainly worth $1 per show, but to begin with the lower the price the more people willing to pay up. Maybe one show a week could be free and the others for subscribers. US$12 or US$24 is way more than a fair price.
Anyone think KATG would be happy with half that, say $25,000 a month? That's like... a lot a year!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanknapper
I was thinking about $1 or $2 per month for all shows, not $1 per show. They're certainly worth $1 per show, but to begin with the lower the price the more people willing to pay up. Maybe one show a week could be free and the others for subscribers. US$12 or US$24 is way more than a fair price.
Anyone think KATG would be happy with half that, say $25,000 a month? That's like... a lot a year!
It is worth a tiny subscription fee per month to me. I almost want to start a poll on this, but I'm afraid people would panic.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby
It is worth a tiny subscription fee per month to me. I almost want to start a poll on this, but I'm afraid people would panic.
Start one. Who cares about the people. Just word it properly and there should be no panic.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe
Who cares about the people.
At least now we all know how you feel about us, stjoe.

For the rest of you: I care dammit, I care.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcatacat
At least now we all know how you feel about us, stjoe.

For the rest of you: I care dammit, I care.
Shit! I didn't think that would come out!

And the truth shall set ye free!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

What didn't make sense to me in the show is having to use estimates for the downloads of Keith and the Girl. While I'm sure KATG gets redistributed some (people giving it to friends) its probably not much. I bet the number of listeners is pretty close to the number of downloads. And libsyn could know and probably does know /exactly/ how many times a given KATG episode is downloaded.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eean
What didn't make sense to me in the show is having to use estimates for the downloads of Keith and the Girl. While I'm sure KATG gets redistributed some (people giving it to friends) its probably not much. I bet the number of listeners is pretty close to the number of downloads. And libsyn could know and probably does know /exactly/ how many times a given KATG episode is downloaded.
Yes, Libsyn provides those numbers.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eean
I think he was alluding to apple, podshow and aol etc caching shows so not all of them will come from libsyn.

he also probably does not have katg's figures.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

I don't know about charging per episode, that's a little much, but I do like this idea of a monthly fee for some episodes..

like every-other-episode is free.. and then the rest come with a $1/month subscription service...

and if there are 50,000 listeners.. and say only 15% of them are willing to part with twelve dollars in an entire year (which i think is ridiculously modest), that would mean $7,500/month for KATG... which is quite an income ($90.000/year)

i wouldn't mind paying such a small amount if it meant keith and chemda get to live like fat rats.. i'd be happy to help.. it might even make sense to charge a little more.. 2 or 3 dollars per month.. just because those willing to pay 1 are probably just as willing to pay a little more and those who aren't probably wouldn't pay 1 anyway..

the paypal thing shouldn't be a big problem.. you could pay for a yearly subscription (maybe at a discount, buy 11 months get one free! yay!)

also, it would mean no more need for advertisements (not that i didn't love seeing a little man banner on the forums every time i logged in)
"The internet will eat you." - patrice (ep 539 1:49:04)
Old 08-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by be leaves
also, it would mean no more need for advertisements (not that i didn't love seeing a little man banner on the forums every time i logged in)
I miss it every single day.