Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 01-06-2006, 07:16 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahfingway
Why is it that a hamburger, made from a cow that eats thousands of pounds of feed, uses all kinds of other resources to produce, costs 99 cents...buns onions, tomatoes, lettuce and condiments. And a salad with a few ounces of the same stuff with a tiny cup of dressing costs 3 bucks...why is that?

Why is it that a 44 ounce bladder buster of soda costs $1.09 and 20 ounces of water costs 1.49?

I guess those are questions more than observations...but still.
Salad v Cow
Cows store meat on them and can have meat year round without said meat wilting due to weather. Cows can live near you, so shipping and handling on their tasty deadness is less. Lettuce isn't grown, say, in NYC. Especially not during the winter. And no mater how badly you rip off Juan in Peru who's growing your lettuce, shipping and handling eats you alive. Example: Buy a used book for one cent on Amazon, you'll pay over $2.50. And I've sold my entire CD collection. $2.50 is right about at the break even point for a seller.

Water v Soda
Simple enough, cause people are dumb.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #22 (permalink)

this chinese place here in brooklyn, i ordered some take out from them, i like the ...i think its seseme chicken? i dont know, its number 48, i like being american where we can order by numbers, especially when dealing with a person who speaks about six words of english, anyways, i ate maybe half, they give you alot, and fell right to sleep afterwards. i was helpin keith and chemda do some minor reconstruction work in their house up in queens that day and thought maybe i was just really tired. so this morning, i dig the leftovers out of the little foil tray in the fridge, scrape them onto a plate and set the microwave to stun. i eat it, still just as great, 12 hours later, and then im over come with drowsiness. so i fell asleep again. now, i have to wonder, do they add drugs to the food, some psychological effect relating sleep after food to euphoria? i kinda want some more now, but i dont do take out much.... /shrug
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
12 hours later, and then im over come with drowsiness. so i fell asleep again. now, i have to wonder, do they add drugs to the food, some psychological effect relating sleep after food to euphoria? i kinda want some more now, but i dont do take out much.... /shrug

Welcome to the wonderful world of americanized Chinese....A little special something called "MSG".
Old 01-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Ahhh MSG...in chinglish stands for "much sleepy goodness"
Old 01-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

my girlfriend was tutoring a chinese student in english and the student and her husband wanted to take her out to have authentic chinese food to show their appreciation. she said it was absolutely nothing like what we're given. she had cow lung and who knows what they had. the chinese student said that they do, in fact, eat dog over in china...it's common. but not cat. she said that it doesn't taste very good. but also a delicacy over there is monkey brain. but the way they like to have it is served directly from the monkey's skull while it's still alive.

i'm kind of glad that the chinese "americanize" their food for us.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
she said that it doesn't taste very good. but also a delicacy over there is monkey brain. but the way they like to have it is served directly from the monkey's skull while it's still alive.

i'm kind of glad that the chinese "americanize" their food for us.

Ive only heard of dog being common in Korea from the discovery channel. I could be wrong.... China is becoming so westernized now that I cant imagine monkey brains being common..

although i could be wrong

Last edited by HighMike; 01-07-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

she didn't say that it was very common. it was more of a delicacy that rich men would have from time to time.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
mkl

"China is becoming so westernized now that I cant imagine monkey brains being common"
I used to see people in America eating raw pig or cow brains with quite a bit of frequency. Just because people are westernized, doesn't mean they stop eating weird shit.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #29 (permalink)

The craziest thing I saw in china was cobra jaws. They were also the most expensive, as they were just "impress the contractor" type stuff. Three uncooked cobra jaws on a little dessert type plate = $435US.

The food in China tastes nothing like the chinese food here for another reason. Everything is fresh over there. Meat stays fresher cheaper when it's still alive.

Hey, I just hooked up my router so I can play PS2 online. Just played some Killzone. If you're a Killzoney person, I'll be online later tonight. I'm Marklar2099.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkl
I used to see people in America eating raw pig or cow brains with quite a bit of frequency. Just because people are westernized, doesn't mean they stop eating weird shit.
If you re-read my post "common" is the limiting word that makes your post irrelevant.... The context of which I used it was referring to breadth.

For example: If a U.S. tranny murderer happens to kill "frequently" that does not mean that tranny murderers in general are common.
That assumption wouldnt make sense, much like your reference to raw pig or cow brains.

In addition:
We can agree that eating monkey brains is not apart of western culture. Hence if China gradually becomes more westernized, things like eating monkey brains would be less common. So yes, Our culture may eat weird shit but again this is not relevant to my post.

Last edited by HighMike; 01-07-2006 at 05:35 PM.