Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Registerable Chat Usernames

I'm frequently on the KATG chat lately as the name "Jennifer". A few minutes ago I signed onto the chat and there was someone with my exact name on the chat allready.
Now this isn't there fault of course, they were just some person named Jennifer who went onto the KATG chat, but this is quite a problem. If someone else signs on and see's Jennifer, they'll assume their me, and this is a significant issue. What's to stop people from signing on the chat as someone else and delibratly being an ass, and other such things.
I think the chat really needs some way of having registerable usernames, so people can't pretend to be others or mistake eachother for others.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

exatly someone signed in as me and that guy that signed in as me talked shit about SBF
Old 07-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild
exatly someone signed in as me and that guy that signed in as me talked shit about SBF
This is exactly the kind of thing i'm talking about. Right now it's really easy for someone to make someone else look like a complete ass by just signing in as their name when they're not there.
I've been on other chats before where you could register chat names.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Their: Their house is beautiful in the spring.

There: Hey, look over there!

They're: They're coming over for dinner.

I am bothered by this the same way you are bothered by other people named Jennifer.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCC
Their: Their house is beautiful in the spring.

There: Hey, look over there!

They're: They're coming over for dinner.

I am bothered by this the same way you are bothered by other people named Jennifer.
Oh real mature, I used the wrong form of there/they're/their. So therefor lets completly ignore a proper issue and make a whiney complaint about my grammer.
And i'm not bothered by other people named Jennifer, read the point of my post again.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

So some jerk just signed onto the chat whining that I think I'm the only person whose alowed to have this first name or something, so to clarefy for dumb asses like that:

All I was saying is that I want to be able to register a name unique to me, so that people wouldn't confuse me for someone else, if my unique name was Jennifer22, I wouldn't have a problem with that, as long as no one else was able to sign in as Jennifer22, I'm not saying other people aren't allowed to have the same first name as me.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Clearly this is an important issue (though not important enough to use correct words). Someone get on this registering thing straight away!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCC
Clearly this is an important issue (though not important enough to use correct words). Someone get on this registering thing straight away!
One incorrect word I think. And even if it's more, what have I done to personally offend you that you're being an ass?
Old 07-26-2006, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

but what if you don't want people to know who you are, thats whats so fun about the usernames you can screw with people
Old 07-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna_f
One incorrect word I think. And even if it's more, what have I done to personally offend you that you're being an ass?
two that I saw...and you responded to my reply so I assumed that you wanted to fight. I suppose I was mistaken, sorry.