Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-27-2006, 04:23 AM   #21 (permalink)

test
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

I see where you're coming from there Jennifer, the names and avatars are the only thing we have to go by, and it's a bit too easy for anyone to come in and pretend to be you or me or anyone. It weirds me out to think i could be talking with someone I "know" and then find out that it's someone totally different.
It's not become a serious issue, but it could in the near future.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna_f
heh, yah. I didn't meen to make it sound like quite as big an issue as I implied in the first post, I just think it's worth looking into.

Though after posting this thread I bet it'll end up a bigger issue for me...
No no - i totally agree with you and I'm glad you brought it up. I was responding more to Blue's 'call in the calvary' type sarcasm.

I definitely think we need to have the names secured.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

i think everyone should sign in as spooky. im personally offended by other names.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna_f
I'm frequently on the KATG chat lately as the name "Jennifer". A few minutes ago I signed onto the chat and there was someone with my exact name on the chat allready.
Now this isn't there fault of course, they were just some person named Jennifer who went onto the KATG chat, but this is quite a problem. If someone else signs on and see's Jennifer, they'll assume their me, and this is a significant issue. What's to stop people from signing on the chat as someone else and delibratly being an ass, and other such things.
I think the chat really needs some way of having registerable usernames, so people can't pretend to be others or mistake eachother for others.
so I don't get it.... Are you so concerned about keeping your unique name to yourself, that nobody else can ever be called Jennifer? Or do you really think people are trying to impersonate you, i.e. steal your identity? Do you really think someone is really going to the all the trouble to single you personally out just to make you look like an asshole? And in that case why would you care, anyway? Look at Spooky- he doesn't care if people think he's an asshole!
I think you should settle your own issues before demanding that KATG reprogram their forum and chats! (or was that there? They're?!DAMN!!! But spelling isn't impotant, right?)
Old 07-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotman
I think you should settle your own issues before demanding that KATG reprogram their forum and chats! (or was that there? They're?!DAMN!!! But spelling isn't impotant, right?)
Nigga, please.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:36 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotman
so I don't get it....
Judging from the rest of your post, obviously not.

Quote:
Are you so concerned about keeping your unique name to yourself, that nobody else can ever be called Jennifer?
She said she doesn't care what name, just as long as she has her unique one.

Quote:
Or do you really think people are trying to impersonate you, i.e. steal your identity? Do you really think someone is really going to the all the trouble to single you personally out just to make you look like an asshole?
You took the time to make yourself look like an asshole in this post - so is it so far-fetched?
Someone was trying to be me in chat so I agree with her. Keith stops by and gives me temp op powers, so yeah, I think people might (and have) sign in as me. We don't appreciate people saying crap to others in chat while under a name that we are known as. Or even saying non-crap while someone is under the misapprehension that it's us.

Quote:
Look at Spooky- he doesn't care if people think he's an asshole!
Spooky also runs around in weighted combat boots. No offense to spook - I think he's rockin, but his decisions aren't everyones nor is he a role model for everyone.

Quote:
I think you should settle your own issues before demanding that KATG reprogram their forum and chats!
She didn't demand anything. She was bringing up an issue and making a request. Your whole post was twisting her words and arguing with an impression that she didn't set.
I think you should settle your own issues before posting a response to a topic.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

Wonderful response, Annie.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

Hi-5 for Annie!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:37 AM   #30 (permalink)

My bad, I thought anyting goes in the Chat.

I will promise to STOP logging in, using someone else name.