Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

So who plays games on steam? (Let's get some pc and mac gaming going between us)

UPDATE: WE'RE BACK
The KATG Steam group is back, first event is Left 4 Dead 2 this Saturday with all that lovely new free content:

Sacrificial blam.
Left 4 Dead 2
Saturday 9th 22:00 BST
17:00 in New York time and 14:00 in California time

Details: Steam Community :: Events :: Keith and The Girl

Don't have Left 4 Dead 2? It's on sale right now - 66% off and all the DLC is free.

Game on!

-----------------

Old ass updates:

We'll be playing two games this weekend and neither of them will cost you a penny.

Alien Swarm
Saturday 24th 22:00 BST

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
Sunday 25th 22:00 BST

Check the events pages for more details.

---

Thanks to everyone who joined in with Team Fortress 2. We stole some intelligence, hunted some props and picked some Apples.

PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Willeth! A great sport to play with, jumped from game-to-game and was particularly fun during prophunt. He wins the Serious Sam HD double pack!

UPDATE: FIFTH EVENT
Counter-Strike Source
Sunday July 11th 22:00 BST

More on the event page: Steam Community :: Events :: Keith and The Girl

Today is the last day of the Steam summer sale and Killing Floor (£3.74 \ ) and Left 4 Dead 2 (£6.79 \ ) are both on sale. I'd love to get a Killing Floor event in the future and L4D2 is always fun. Grab 'em for cheap!

----

UPDATE: FOURTH EVENT
Team Fortress 2
Saturday 26th June 22:00 BST

More on the event page.

----

UPDATE
June 16

Thanks to everyone who joined in with Left 4 Dead 2. We started on Campaign but quickly had to expand to Versus and I had good fun alternating between being shot by you/being eaten by you.

PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Richy McBeef (Action Hank! on Steam) not just for being bloody good at the game but for organising the team, forming strategies and doing it all in a fun, inclusive way. And no-one stands a chance when Action Hank becomes Action Tank.

He wins Oblivion: Game of the Year edition. Enjoy your squadrillion hours of game, Hank!

HONOURABLE MENTION
I don't usually do this but an honourable mention to DeborahKATG for going from never really using a mouse and keyboard before to killing zombies like the best of them. Being chased by hungry zombies really is the best way to learn.

Next event
Saturday 26th June 22:00 BST

Want to play a specific game? Let me know!

---

UPDATE: THIRD EVENT
Left 4 Dead 2
Sunday 13th June 22:00 BST [/SIZE]

More information on the event page.

-----

UPDATE
June 2nd

Thanks to everyone who played CounterStrike: Source, I was terrible but it was fun. Falling to our deaths on that glasstrap map was a laugh.

PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Chocobo Moshpit for being hilarious fun to play with. We terrorised, died, terrorised, died again then became counter-terrorists and repeated the process all while enjoying little victories and comedic death. Congratulations!

He wins the Civilization IV Complete Collection, which probably means we'll never see him again, sorry dude!

Next event
Sunday 13th June 22:00 BST

I'm thinking Left 4 Dead 2 but I'm open to suggestions, post 'em!

----

UPDATE: SECOND EVENT
Counter-Strike: Source
Saturday 29th May 22:00 BST

More information on the event page.

For future reference, events will be every two weeks, alternating between Saturday and Sunday so we can include as many people as possible.

----

UPDATE
May 18

Thanks to everyone who joined us for TF2. I had a blast, it's remarkable how much fun dying over and over in that game can be. We even got some games of Prophunt in at the end.

Player of the week
DWarrior (pre-apocalyptic on steam) for travelling from server-to-server, absolutely destroying the enemy team single-handedly in Arena as a MEDIC and being just generally better than the rest of us with every class. I also had a lot fun playing him in a 1vs1 arena match, he is a sneaky man. He wins the Humble Indie Bundle containing World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD, Penumbra Overture and Samorost 2. Congratulations to him!

----

UPDATE: FIRST EVENT

Team Fortress 2
Sunday May 16th 22:00 GMT
More information on steam.

See you there.

----

As those who frequent the games thread may have noticed, I quite enjoy Valve's PC and Mac gaming/distribution/social network/store thingy Steam.

Sean recently gave me admin rights for the KATG steam group and I was thinking we could get some games going.

I think Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 (especially with the new weekly modes) are a must along with any free weekends that pop up but I was wondering what you guys would like to play and what kind of day/time would be best for a semi-regular events?

The group is here, join up to see who else is playing and when and I'll also send out events once we get a better idea. I'm tonythesuperperson on steam.

EDIT:

UPDATE!

Mac gamers welcome, the beta is live now and the general release client goes live soon.

PLAYLIST
suggestions welcome

Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Left 4 Dead
Counter Strike Source
Half-Life 2
Dawn of War II - Last stand mode
Company of Heroes
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - Co-op mode
Garry's mod
Killing Floor
Alien Swarm (free)

Plus any free weekends!

Don't have steam? Get it here.

Last edited by standardman; 10-07-2010 at 12:37 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Control wise, is l4d2 something I could control primarily with the mouse? Something like right click or forward, left click for fire and middle mouse for jump. I wanna play with you fags, but I'm not spending $30 just to find out I can't work it.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoArmsJames View Post
Control wise, is l4d2 something I could control primarily with the mouse? Something like right click or forward, left click for fire and middle mouse for jump. I wanna play with you fags, but I'm not spending $30 just to find out I can't work it.
Standard first person shooter controls, I'm afraid. Mouse aims, keyboard moves/interacts. Strategy games are best for (mostly) mouse control - Civ V (currently on sale), Dawn of War II, Company of Heroes etc.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Great timing - the Mac beta has just added TF2 as a playable title - I've joined.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've got TF2. So uh, yeah. Perhaps I'll get in on that.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

L4D2 and 1 for sure.

Tem Fortress 2.

and why not some simple shooter where we can blast our friggin heds off. Like, say, serious sam?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

The second Steam is out for Mac I'll join you guys. Unfortunately I do most of my homework on OS X and can't stand having to reboot just to game for a short period of time (in between homework etc). Feel free to add me anyway though, since it's meant to be out in six days.

My ID is leron13.

Last edited by PsychoTeddy; 05-10-2010 at 03:17 AM. Reason: wanted to add ID
Old 05-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Totally forgot about Serious Sam, the co-op supports up to 16 players!

The mac version coming out is perfect. How about we set the first event for TF2 in about a week to 10 days from now?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

I will be down for whatever, as long as I'm not in school or at work at the time. I'm in the group as well.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm already a part of the group. "Action Hank!" is my tag. Looking forward to killing some zombies with you guys.