Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 04-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

The new one is here
http://www.talkshoe.com/custom/image...3-MainIcon.png
Size : 1800px X 1800px

The old one is here
http://homedir-b.libsyn.com/podcasts...ges/iTunes.jpg
and here
http://libsyn.com/podcasts/shitecom/images/iTunes.jpg
Size : 300px X 300px

Uploading the old one to the location of the new one would fix it

Last edited by jesus; 04-28-2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: sp
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

I have no problem with the fact that I have to change the feed. I understand these things happen. But I have no idea how to do it. I use iTunes (and I like it, thank you). I tried looking at descriptions and that stuff, but I can't see where to edit the feed. I know I'm not completely retarded. If someone could please tell me how to do it (or point me to the right post on the forums) that'd be awesome. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Go to Advanced, Subscribe to Podcast, and type in the feed.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #24 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

How many feeds do i need?

Right now I've got 4 separate KATG feeds.
  1. the new show feed
  2. the old show feed
  3. the new backstage show feed
  4. the old backstage show feed.
Of course, I'll ditch the old KATG feed. I assume that the old backstage show feed is redundant also. I'm curious though if the new backstage show feed is redundant now as well because there's backstage shows in the new show feed.

If it matters, personally I prefer having the two separate feeds for actual shows and for backstage shows. Maybe it's worth putting a poll to see what everyone else likes.

Jeez, I don't think I've ever typed show and feed so many times in my life.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:41 AM   #25 (permalink)

updating iTunes with new feed...NOT

Great...in iTunes I could not change/update the RSS feed for the libsyn subscription, I had to add a new subscription for the talkshoe feed (as described above). For a period of time I had two KATG subscriptions in iTunes...but now the old one is simply gone from iTunes. However, the MP3 files are still on my computer....they just don't appear in the iTunes application. I wonder if they are still on my iPod.
Also I noticed on the talkshoe page for katg, the show is rated "A"...for All Audiences and not "EX" for explicit. They ought to get a lot of new listeners that way.

Last edited by ChrisG; 04-29-2007 at 07:01 AM. Reason: changed 'talkshow' to 'talkshoe'
Old 04-29-2007, 03:03 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
For a period of time I had two KATG subscriptions in iTunes...but now the old one is simply gone from iTunes. However, the MP3 files are still on my computer....they just don't appear in the iTunes application. I wonder if they are still on my iPod.
Yeah, I noticed that too. It is a little annoying if you're not up-to-date with the shows.

My ipod only shows the talkshoe episodes. Grrrr
Old 04-29-2007, 03:06 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Money View Post
I have no problem with the fact that I have to change the feed. I understand these things happen. But I have no idea how to do it. I use iTunes (and I like it, thank you). I tried looking at descriptions and that stuff, but I can't see where to edit the feed. I know I'm not completely retarded. If someone could please tell me how to do it (or point me to the right post on the forums) that'd be awesome. Thanks.
The confusion is that Keith says to change the feed, but really you have to add a new feed, so you end up with two feeds called keithandthegirl.

KaTG need to put a subscription button on the main page - with those little buttons for itunes/juice etc. That should make things easier for noobs.

Also, why is the show not in itunes? I can only find the backstage show.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:08 AM   #28 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Great...in iTunes I could not change/update the RSS feed for the libsyn subscription, I had to add a new subscription for the talkshow feed (as described above). For a period of time I had two KATG subscriptions in iTunes...but now the old one is simply gone from iTunes. However, the MP3 files are still on my computer....they just don't appear in the iTunes application. I wonder if they are still on my iPod.
Also I noticed on the talkshow page for katg, the show is rated "A"...for All Audiences and not "EX" for explicit. They ought to get a lot of new listeners that way.
ChrsiG, I had the same issue. When you delete the old feed the old files go from the itunes library but are still on the computer, the stupid thing is that when I added the files back to my library (File/Add folder to library...) it recreated the podcast but set it to unsubscribed.

The files will still be on your ipod until you sync it. Hopefully changing the genre or moving the files to a different folder will allow us to re-import the files without having a redundant feed in the podcast section.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:52 AM   #29 (permalink)

I guess the old feed has been redirected to the new one or something, 'cause I hadn't gotten around to changing it, there are duplicates in the list and I think the feed has changed (it was a libsyn url before, right?) The shows must be listed differently enough to show up as new.

Subscribing to two podcast feeds where one redirects to the other anyway kinda throws iTunes off, I had similar trouble when Photoshop TV changed the URL for their feed. Also, Ragan Fox must fuck about with his feed a little too much because his shows randomly redownload as well.

Presumably as they add the old shows to that feed they'll download duplicates again. Meh. Maybe they can do with the numbers. WINK.

The feed should really have been tied to the show's domain from the start, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

(I'm not complaining! Calm down!)
Old 04-29-2007, 06:08 AM   #30 (permalink)

I think the talkshoe cash program is reason enough why someone would want to move their podcast to talkshoe

http://www.talkshoe.com/se/tscash/

also found this great article on the talkshoe site from podcast user magazine talking about the company:

http://www.talkshoe.com/se/pum/