Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the break up?
I bought this book and laugh everytime I read it. Their relationship is none of my business. 31 57.41%
The publisher was right it hurts sales. I feel deceived. I consider the book purchase a donation 3 5.56%
I bought it and threw it away. screw them! I'm outta here! 0 0%
I really don't care one way or the other. This is just a show for entertainment 20 37.04%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
I finally found an avatar to match my forum name, thanks buddy.
PERFECT!!!!!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_donghorn View Post
Just curious how the listeners feel about buying a relationship book from people who can't maintain their own relationship...
You mean the book in which they never once claim that every single romantic relationship can be made to work and in which several times the advice is to break up?
Old 07-07-2010, 05:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
At first I was like "..." because I often just look at avatars, not names...but then I lol'd.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Just curious how the listeners feel about buying a relationship book from people who can't maintain their own relationship...
I think you should stay out of people's bedrooms. Do you feel betrayed? The book is insightful, hilarious and alot of good advice.

Are you still listening to the show or have you unsubscribed?
Old 07-08-2010, 02:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I still like them and their book still holds credibility. Often, with relationship problems you just need outside advice; this book still provides that. Also, this is not a book based on their relationship alone, but their relationships with each other and others. Their breakup only widens the possibilities for the show and other books.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

i want to read this book but if the wife finds it she going to think we have "problems"
Old 07-08-2010, 03:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

They had a great relationship so they know what they are talking about plus its super hilarious to read so I'm happy either way.

One of the 4 copies I bought will be part of the gift for my friends that are getting married this weekend because you need to learn how to deal with issues in your relationship constantly not just start when you already have a problem.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
That is pretty funny buddy. I have changed my avatar too now that I have been appointed the KING!

regarding rhians question... I am not a regular listener. I will catch a show every once in a while if they have a good guest. I didn't lose sleep over the break up. I do think it is a fair question though....

regarding whales... I would not buy a diet book written by Kirstie Alley or any other obese person. It is always a good idea to consider the source. I'd say that what I have read of the book, is pretty funny but it really should not be taken seriously for obvious reasons. As noted in the poll, I bought it to support the show and don't harbor regrets.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #19 (permalink)

You're still wrong, I would buy a book on how to lose weight written by Kirstie Alley. The bitch obviously knows how to lose weight, she does it all the time. In fact if she has/does write a book about that I'd suggest you pick it up asap fatty mcgoo.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
... I'd say that what I have read of the book, is pretty funny but it really should not be taken seriously for obvious reasons. As noted in the poll, I bought it to support the show and don't harbor regrets.
seriously you don't think the advice in the book is good? Its written in a way that makes it fun to read but the basics are rock solid.

Douche