Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 09-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman Bobby View Post
cant seem to find the motivation to play my 360 right now none of my games interest me

I am tempted to sell my 360 but am afraid this is just a fad, suggestions? I have not sat down and committed to one game cense COD 4 do I need to just beat these 1 at a time to get the enjoyment back?
Bobby- I've been in the same boat lately (sort of). First, I lost my internet because of a move, then when I got it back, I realized there aren't any really exciting games new to the market.

What I've been doing is buying all the cheap classic used games that I never played the first time around: GRAW 2, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Kane & Lynch, Crackdown, etc...

You can get these games for $15-20 and with the exception of Kane & Lynch, they've all been really good games.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #142 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

If you're done with the 360 does that mean you're done with gaming in general? Or would you buy something else?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:24 AM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
I am tempted to sell my 360 but am afraid this is just a fad, suggestions?
I only got my 360 about 3 weeks ago and i'm already bored with all my games. I wouldn't sell it, you know you'd immediately regret it if you did. Just hang tight until something killer comes out.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #144 (permalink)

Although I'm tempted to suggest there's something horribly wrong with you if don't find Bioshock interesting, if you're looking for good upcoming games for the 360, I suggest the Leipzig Games Convention 2008.

The show just finished and there's great video coverage of everything 360 here. Left 4 Dead, Far Cry 2, Mirror's Edge, Red Alert 3, Dead Space, Bionic Commando, the new Call of Duty and Fallout 3 immediately spring to mind but there's other good stuff too.

As for games already out, have you tried Orange Box? On XBLA, I love Rez, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Castle Crashers, Braid and Ikaruga at the moment.

Hope that's useful.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #145 (permalink)

I second the Orange Box suggestion. there's a whole mess of games there.

I can also appreciate why people wouldn't get anything out of bioshock, it's not a COD type of game, it's about weird shit that deals with weird shit. Would you kindly give it another try? Let it take you over?

That's right, I just did that ^_^

Man - I need to play it again.

I still don't get why people don't like Gears. I really don't. I swear to god if I could marry any game, that would be on the top of my list. Maybe I just like my comrades to swear with reckless abandon, or I take much out of popping someones head with a sniper rifle, blowing their legs off with a shotgun, or cutting them in half with a chainsaw.

Now where's child services when you need 'em?

Other games? Assassin's Creed is cool, and cheap. GTA IV is just... Well, it is

If you no haz liking that, then well - there's not a lot left!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #146 (permalink)

A warning on Assassin's Creed - if you play it as a medieval Batman simulator, it's a lot of fun. Moving around rooftops, making leaps and assassinations is fluid and impressive. The actual game itself however is bland, repetitive out-dated and empty.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
I still don't get why people don't like Gears. I really don't. I swear to god if I could marry any game, that would be on the top of my list.
If we're now marrying games then Kratos from God of War would be my bitch.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #148 (permalink)

Nah, its not bland, its pretty exciting.

Playing Tiger 09 for ps3 now.. game is so much better than 08!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:00 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
cant seem to find the motivation to play my 360 right now none of my games interest me

I am tempted to sell my 360 but am afraid this is just a fad, suggestions? I have not sat down and committed to one game cense COD 4 do I need to just beat these 1 at a time to get the enjoyment back?
I havent played my 360 in a while (MOSTLY because someone stole my GTA IV disk, but I recently found out where it was and should be receiving it back shortly. I never finished, the game fucked up and wouldn't let me continue with any missions, but I look forward to starting over).

Right now, it is being used as a DVD player mostly (we do not have one) but I will use it more once I can afford new games, once the update happens where you can stream Netflix Watch Now to your 360, AND when player made games become available. Much like the wii ware games, I am really excited for what people come up with.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudell View Post
Much like the wii ware games, I am really excited for what people come up with.
Homebrew games are something i'm really looking forward to. There were a few decent ones on PSP so i can only imagine what amatuer developers come up with on the 360.