Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 09-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Bioshock and Half Life 2 (with it's episodes) are the two best examples of the modern FPS
i just started bioshock...incredible FPS...i still love flash online kill fests but story wise its prolly the best ive played

question though...i loved umbrella chronciles for the wii, for some reason rail shooters really entertain me, are there any other wii games like that out there? the wii is my womans and the 360 is mine...and she lent UC to a friend that disappeared from the face of the earth...i miss killing zombies...anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by BarryK; 09-04-2008 at 03:23 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK View Post
i just started bioshock...incredible FPS...i still love flash online kill fests but story wise its prolly the best ive played

question though...i loved umbrella chronciles for the wii, for some reason rail shooters really entertain me, are there any other wii games like that out there? the wii is my womans and the 360 is mine...and she lent UC to a friend that disappeared from the face of the earth...i miss killing zombies...anyone have any suggestions?
I love how you discover the depths of the story yourself through those radio diaries. Videogame storytelling, rather than aping movies.

You could give House of The Dead 2 & 3 Return and House of the Dead Overkilla try.

The former is a port of the two (FUN!) arcade shooters with a new harder mode for 3 and a melee attack and the latter is a new on rails shooter out in 2009 - trailer.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
I love how you discover the depths of the story yourself through those radio diaries. Videogame storytelling, rather than aping movies.
That's what made DOOM 3 so much fun- the story unraveled through personal logs that you collect. BioShock blatantly stole the idea, but hey... it's a good idea.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head1ess Gunner View Post
That's what made DOOM 3 so much fun- the story unraveled through personal logs that you collect. BioShock blatantly stole the idea, but hey... it's a good idea.
True enough but it has a much richer story and Doom 3 was a cheap, broken game with nice tech.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #165 (permalink)

So lately I have been having internet issues and have neglected my love for gaming

This saturday I have the entire day to myself to do whatever the fuck I want (which is rare these days) and since the weather will be shit I'm thinking of holding a personal gamer marathon.

Games xbox live games I plan on playing:
Castle Crashers
Geometry wars 2
GTA4 (Multiplayer only)
Team fortress2 (360 not pc) (this game is actually working now)
Burnout Paradise
COD4
N+
Soul Caliber 4

And I been considering the purchase of the xbox live camera so I just may be playing some fun card games as well like uno, and poker.

So if your interested in playing any of these games with me post it on here and the time you would like to play it.

I also have 800 points to spend on a new arcade game, so far can't decide if I want BC rearmed or if I want 2 cheap/fun games.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
True enough but it has a much richer story and Doom 3 was a cheap, broken game with nice tech.

That's a rough review of DOOM 3. Granted, as a shooter, it wasn't ground breaking, but it excelled at creating a mood. The lighting and sound were easily some of the best at the time. The story was weak, but the way it was presented to the player (via personal logs) was unique and organic.

I think the game might have been more successful as a survival horror (sans shooter emphasis).

A good example of all of DOOM 3's weaknesses and none of its strengths is the DOOM 3: Ressurection of Evil Expansion Pack.

6'0" 180 lbs.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head1ess Gunner View Post

That's a rough review of DOOM 3. Granted, as a shooter, it wasn't ground breaking, but it excelled at creating a mood. The lighting and sound were easily some of the best at the time. The story was weak, but the way it was presented to the player (via personal logs) was unique and organic.

I think the game might have been more successful as a survival horror (sans shooter emphasis).

A good example of all of DOOM 3's weaknesses and none of its strengths is the DOOM 3: Ressurection of Evil Expansion Pack.
Oh yeah, it was definitely a scary game and technologically way in advance of what was around at the time. I think my main problem with Doom 3 was how cheap it was.

If you use mods that actually allow you to carry a flashlight and gun at the same time, you can see all the monsters spawning in behind you, which is horribly cheap and backwards but you're right about it's strengths and weaknesses.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
If you use mods that actually allow you to carry a flashlight and gun at the same time, you can see all the monsters spawning in behind you, which is horribly cheap and backwards but you're right about it's strengths and weaknesses.
'duct tape mod' was a 3rd party app, so it was never intended for you to see the mobs spawning... of course ID was trying to create tension, but really, you cant use a flashlight and a gun at the same time? silly.

great game tho.. there was this kid at the icafe who was playing it, i crept behind him and grabbed his shoulders, the kid jumped a foot off the chair.... unfortunately he had a cup of noodles in front of him....
Old 09-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent View Post
'duct tape mod' was a 3rd party app, so it was never intended for you to see the mobs spawning... of course ID was trying to create tension, but really, you cant use a flashlight and a gun at the same time? silly.

great game tho.. there was this kid at the icafe who was playing it, i crept behind him and grabbed his shoulders, the kid jumped a foot off the chair.... unfortunately he had a cup of noodles in front of him....
My point is that enemies are spawning behind you. Funny story though.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiXplague View Post
At the moment, I have gaming ADD. I skip from my computer, to my Wii, and to my 360. I haven't played anything for my 360 aside from Rockband in over 2 months now, but fuck it's addicting.

The Wii was just recently purchased, The main things I stick to on it are RE4, Smash Brothers, and the Wii Fit. But sometimes if I really have nothing to do, I'll put Cooking Mama in, :3

And then the computer is just a fucking mess. I skip around to WoW, TF2, CSS, hell, I was even so bored a few months ago I restarted my membership to Star Wars: Galaxies. WoW is boring, there's nothing to do. No point to Raid, because in a few more months, all those precious epics you've worked for will be replaced by 74 Greens. That and PvP is over-rated. And then with Shooters, I just get bored so easily, =\. Though, reading the beginning of this thread has made me reinstall STALKER!

I really need to find a new game for my 360 though, I kinda miss playing on it. I was thinking about getting Rainbow Six: Vegas for it, but eh. Anyone have any suggestions?
I have two 360 affordable suggestions to add some variety to your gaming.

Burnout Paradise 30 bucks, and they are updating and adding tons of free content.

Xbox live arcade games like geometry wars 2, N+, and Castle Crashers. Cheap fun and unique gameplay that does not require a disc or a ton of time commitment for value.

and if you pickup Rainbow six vegas (one) I will absolutely be down for some co-op tactical shooting fun