Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 12-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #2871 (permalink)

Really fun game, playable by all ages. PopCap Games is on a roll with their releases.

http://www.popcap.com/games/pvz

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #2872 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Really fun game, playable by all ages. PopCap Games is on a roll with their releases.

Plants vs Zombies™ Official Site - PopCap Games - Free Download Games

Word. Popcap need to be talked abut as the great developers they are, whihc is why you should all take a look at STEAMS SALES OF THE DAY. Mother fucking segue bitches.

Today's deals are:

Zombie Driver 75% off- £1.47
Day of Defeat Source 75% off - £1.49
Hearts of Iron III 75% off - £6.24
Dead Space 66% off - £5.09
Popcap Complete Collection 50% off - £26.49

I'd jump on that Popcap offer if I didn't already have most of them but I've been waiting to get Dead Space for a while and Day of Defeat Source is well worth £1.50
Old 12-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #2873 (permalink)

Today's steam sales are rather good!

Killing Floor 75% off £3.74 (nice little OTT co-op zombie shooter with a nifty barricade mechanic)
Prey 80% off £1.35 (does interesting things with perception, well worth the price)
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box is 75% off £4.99 (incredodeal!)
The Orange Box 50% off £8.49 (FIVE FUCKING GAMES! Worth it for Half Life 2/Portal/Team Fortress 2 on their own)
and Space Siege for £who cares?

I'll be picking up Killing Floor but if you don't already have Prey, Burnout or The Orange Box, awesome price is awesome.

Great day to pick up games you missed.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #2874 (permalink)

Found out GTA4 is too massive for my computer (visuals don't always fully load and it is constantly laggy). I guess I'll just have to wait till I can get a better computer to run it.

Just purchased Bioshock on Steam for $5.00! I've played through it before on my friend's 360 but it was fun enough. I'm gonna be so happy when all these sales stop happening! At the very least they could knock Left 4 Dead 2 down to, say $20.00!

I don't have the money for this ><
Old 12-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #2875 (permalink)

These steam deals are amazing. All of you owe me some money, and it's time to pay up...
Old 12-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #2876 (permalink)

I have been playing games!

Torchlight is everything I loved about Diablo (aside from the missing multiplayer) minus everything I hated and it's compulsive stuff. It is a bit of a cakewalk on normal but I just found out how to change the difficultly to something more challenging than 'one-shot everything' without restarting. Who else is playing this and how are you finding it? More importantly, what loot do you have?

Osmos I originally bought this as a peaceful chaser to intense games of Left 4 Dead 2 but I've found myself playing for much longer than I expected. Like the best puzzle games, it's a seemingly simple concept that opens up and builds in complexity.

For those who don't know, it's essentially flOw or the first level of Spore - you play as a cell/planet that has to absorb smaller cells/planets to grow in size, while avoiding larger ones, propelling yourself by firing off some of your mass.

It's so beautifully designed that I wish it had a screensaver mode so I could watch those tiny motes orbit their cellular star - something between a star system and an eco system.

Uncharted 2 improves on the original in every respect - from story to characters (believable female characters who have a part in the narrative!), action to controls, visuals to physics - and I really rather liked the original.

It's a mature yet lighthearted blockbuster that manages to wear it's cinema inspirations on it's sleeve while remembering that it's a game.

I've just finished the singleplayer, still have to try out the multiplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
Found out GTA4 is too massive for my computer (visuals don't always fully load and it is constantly laggy). I guess I'll just have to wait till I can get a better computer to run it.
They borked the PC version of GTA IV a bit. It has a social network, replay/movie maker function and DRM running in the background, making the game much slower than it should be. If you can get it to work (and try patching it if you haven't already) it'll look fantastic and the movie maker is a lot of fun but they mishandled it and the release week was a nightmare.

Quote:
Just purchased Bioshock on Steam for $5.00! I've played through it before on my friend's 360 but it was fun enough. I'm gonna be so happy when all these sales stop happening! At the very least they could knock Left 4 Dead 2 down to, say $20.00!

I don't have the money for this ><
3rd of January, stay strong! Bioshock on the PC is the correct Bioshock I've been meaning to replay that before the sequel comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoArmsJames View Post
These steam deals are amazing. All of you owe me some money, and it's time to pay up...
But you said if I did that dance for you, I wouldn't owe you any more money...

Last edited by standardman; 12-28-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #2877 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
But you said if I did that dance for you, I wouldn't owe you any more money...
But you cried through the whole dance!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #2878 (permalink)

Quote:
They borked the PC version of GTA IV a bit. It has a social network, replay/movie maker function and DRM running in the background, making the game much slower than it should be. If you can get it to work (and try patching it if you haven't already) it'll look fantastic and the movie maker is a lot of fun but they mishandled it and the release week was a nightmare.

3rd of January, stay strong! Bioshock on the PC is the correct Bioshock
I already "uninstalled" it from my computer, and it was a very very long install. I'll probably mess with it some other time. In the meantime, I still have Left 4 Dead to master and Bioshock to play through again!
Old 12-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #2879 (permalink)

Steeeam saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaales.

Jade Empire: Special Edition - £2.25
King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame - £17.49
Mr. Robot - £1.20
Silent Hill Homecoming - £7.50
Stormrise - £3.74
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - £2.50

A bit shit today, but Jade Empire is a good (if a touch racist) RPG from Bioware and I'll be grabbing Mr Robot. Sup Com is great on a dual monitor setup.

There's also these on Impulse:

Supreme Commander - £4.99 (Code: SUPCOM50)
Demigod - £9.19 (Code: DEMI50)

Both great games, both a trifle difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoArmsJames View Post
But you cried through the whole dance!
You kept looking into my eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
I already "uninstalled" it from my computer, and it was a very very long install. I'll probably mess with it some other time. In the meantime, I still have Left 4 Dead to master and Bioshock to play through again!
That's a fine to do pile.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #2880 (permalink)

Quote:
I have been playing games!

Torchlight Who else is playing this and how are you finding it? More importantly, what loot do you have?
I've been playing this for a while on/off. I really enjoyed it for the first little bit, but I found without the multiplayer it got old pretty fast. But still, it was fantastic... easy to play (maybe a little too easy), great graphics, TONS of loot, cool enemies, etc. I would love to see this game, or something similar, ported to Xbox LIVE marketplace. 4 player co-op just like Diablo II and being able to sit back in the leather coutch and relax would be amazing.

As far as loot goes... I'm playing as the warrior (don't remember if it has a special designation). Can't remember what level, 34-36 I think?? Double-fisting a couple of maces that do around 800 damage each (one lower, one higher). Some good armour. I have a few things that are set pieces, and a few that aren't. I'll get specifics if you want them. I'm pretty much just creating a tank character... even though I'm sure even a bard would classify as a tank in this game haha.

And what loot do you have, mr?

Go Canada!