Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 04-03-2010, 07:05 AM   #3411 (permalink)

SALES!

Impulse have Bob Came in Pieces for half price - £3.64/$4.99 RPS coverage here, well worth a read

GOG.com's spring sale is go:

gogspring.jpg
Gotta catch 'em all!

Games For Windows Live (yeah, I know) has Red Faction Guerrilla for $9.99

Get Games (never used them) knocked 75% off King's Bounty it's £2.49/$3.25

Borderlands is half price on Steam (£14.99/$19.99 and the four pack for £44.98/$74.98) and Direct2Drive (£17.50/$19.95)

And Serious Sam: The First Encounter HD has got a demo on steam. Contains:

Quote:
* Single-Player Level – Get a taste of the intense action by battling through a specially designed demo level set in sunny Karnak with redesigned gameplay and changed-up enemy positions for unique battles. This demo level is so big it could take hours to get through each of the difficulty levels!
* Cooperative Mode – Fight through the Karnak demo level with up to 16 players and finally get a chance to see classic Serious Sam coop in all its visual glory!
* Deathmatch Mode – Step back into the glory days of frantic deathmatch in the visually upgraded Desert Temple map.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #3412 (permalink)

Irukandji and Bullet Candy Perfect are on sale in a pack for $Whatever you want

Be nice.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #3413 (permalink)

steam is coming to the mac with all the source games. thats pretty cool.

TF2 OFFICIAL BLOG: Your Mac Questions Answered
Old 04-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #3414 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It's a sad day when at 31 years of age you realize that you cannot drive decently both in life AND in games.

Apparently in both fields i'm completely unable to handle a vehicle without going all over the place. I avoided the issue on my day to day errands but when it comes to digital entertainment, that gets in the way.

Apparently it wasnt the booze i just have the eye hand coordination of a goldfish.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #3415 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
Played a little of Starcraft 2 this evening. At first I was like, "Oh, so this is a mildly prettier Starcraft" of course knowing that all my graphical settings were set to low, since my laptop is shit for games. So, I bumped them up to medium just to see, and wow. That game has some seriously cool graphical touches. Really makes me wanna build that gaming pc after all so I can really enjoy this game when it comes out. As far as any new stuff that really stood out to me, this game would be good if it had been the exact same as the first one I think. However, there is some cool little touches that I don't think were in the first game that will probably just make the multiplayer that much more complex and intimidating for a non-Korean like myself. Anyway, it looks awesome and I really want to play the single player. The story in the first one was great.
I'm with you there. I got my key right after my new graphics card so I was still making sure to put everything to max at that point. It is the single best looking game of that nature I've seen thus far. The heat wave effects from fire and shockwaves from explosives make my tiny black heart skip a beat. But I am god awful at multiplayer in any rts game. I tried maybe 3 or 4 matches and just got trounced. I even played a few with a buddy of mine and we had a set amount of time to build our shit and all that. I still got my ass reamed. Sad times. But the singleplayer on SC1 was really good, and the warcraft games also. Might have to go to blizzcon again this year and get some more hands-on time with Diablo 3. nomnomnom

As far as multiplayer in a strat game, I do like the Last Stand mode on Dawn of War 2, but otherwise I'm too slow. I need Mr. Miyagi to train me.

You know, Junkenstein, I had the same problem. On consoles I'm all around terrible so vehicle use is another reminder of my failure. But for PC games I only drive like an old asian woman if my framerate is way low. I will admit the road kills I got in Bad Company 2 a while ago were less than planned, but I laughed anyway.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #3416 (permalink)

Heart PC gaming.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:46 AM   #3417 (permalink)

that was BEAUTIFUL

(Does Rico have a pink gun in his hand?)
Old 04-04-2010, 04:09 AM   #3418 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
It's a sad day when at 31 years of age you realize that you cannot drive decently both in life AND in games.

Apparently in both fields i'm completely unable to handle a vehicle without going all over the place. I avoided the issue on my day to day errands but when it comes to digital entertainment, that gets in the way.

Apparently it wasnt the booze i just have the eye hand coordination of a goldfish.
I take it you've been playing Just Cause 2 on PC? Ugh. I drive like a spaz in that game. Luckily I'm like freakin' SUPERMAN with my slingshots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post

Heart PC gaming.
Aww.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:42 AM   #3419 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadwolrab View Post
I take it you've been playing Just Cause 2 on PC? Ugh. I drive like a spaz in that game. Luckily I'm like freakin' SUPERMAN with my slingshots.
That was the game that made me realize. Any mission where i have to chase or race it's an utter failure.

But that was a problem in other games. I could do decently in GTA IV, but whenever i had Roman's car i had to bash my head against the frustration wall.

Same problem with some levels in red faction.

Heh
Old 04-04-2010, 05:10 AM   #3420 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
that was BEAUTIFUL

(Does Rico have a pink gun in his hand?)
He does and that part's not a mod