Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 04-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #3441 (permalink)

I just finished Assassin's creed story mode, and literally shat my brain out. The ending was so... surprising? Or at least I didn't expect it. Holy fuck, that team of writers must be smoking some pretty strong shit. I did really like the story and gameplay, and felt it much improved upon its' predecessor.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #3442 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by listener View Post
I just finished Assassin's creed story mode, and literally shat my brain out. The ending was so... surprising? Or at least I didn't expect it. Holy fuck, that team of writers must be smoking some pretty strong shit. I did really like the story and gameplay, and felt it much improved upon its' predecessor.
Bleh that game was too fucking hyped for the piece of shit it is... I am playing the game myself and I have said this on this thread before good idea but same shitty repetitive game-play. I am not even paying attention to the story anymore I listen to KATG or music as I play. I just have that weird fucking OCD that once I start playing a game I must finish it...

My brother currently got me The Club for the PS3... The store he got is from wants my Virtua Fighter 5 game... I do not know why in the world they would want that, hell I have it there and never played it myself to me the Virtua Fighter series is the worst fighting series I have ever played. I had more fun playing Clay Fighter 63 1/2 on the N64.

Anyways I haven't even inserted The Club. Is the game worth it? I know it should at least be worth the trade off, it can't be shittier than Virtua Fighter
KATG Tattoo #69
]FB
Twitter
Blogspot
Old 04-08-2010, 05:45 AM   #3443 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamousBiGD View Post
Bleh that game was too fucking hyped for the piece of shit it is... I am playing the game myself and I have said this on this thread before good idea but same shitty repetitive game-play. I am not even paying attention to the story anymore I listen to KATG or music as I play. I just have that weird fucking OCD that once I start playing a game I must finish it...

My brother currently got me The Club for the PS3... The store he got is from wants my Virtua Fighter 5 game... I do not know why in the world they would want that, hell I have it there and never played it myself to me the Virtua Fighter series is the worst fighting series I have ever played. I had more fun playing Clay Fighter 63 1/2 on the N64.

Anyways I haven't even inserted The Club. Is the game worth it? I know it should at least be worth the trade off, it can't be shittier than Virtua Fighter

I could not agree more about AC2. That game was sooooooooo slooooooooow for like 99% of it. Then the ending was fucking incredible. Crazy!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #3444 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Games I Bought because i played them when they got out and i want to have that fresh feeling again and trick myself into feeling less old and Steam knows that

Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion: you can worship your sillygoose Dragon Age as long as you want. THIS was and still IS the ultimate open world RPG. So damn cool, atmospheric and absorbing. Still sucks me in.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: I like it. It's basically an FPS with a fantasy theme but whatever, it's fun. Read recenly a review that described it as "Half Life 2" with "Deus-Ex" character development and a fantasy theme. Weirdly enough, the guy wanted to state a negative but convinced me in buyin it.

Checkin' out Overlord. Semmed fun at the time but with a quite hideous control scheme. Hmm.

On another side, i got Bookworm Adventures. Pop Cap should be declared illegal. They're dangerous people.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #3445 (permalink)

The characters and storyline for ASC2 brought me into the game though. I felt as though I actually was Ezio. Plus freerunning never gets old, neither does pulling off a wicked assassination. I love games that pull me into the story, ala god of war 3 etc, games that actually have a creative premise that dont make you feel like you have to beat it for the sake of beating it, but rather interest you enough to complete it because you want to.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #3446 (permalink)

I had a couple of games of StarCraft 2 I'll post properly tomorrow but, yeah, I need to get on that beta.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:00 AM   #3447 (permalink)

I have a friend that's close with a lot of guys at Blizzard. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see if I can get a key for you. After all, you seem to be the KatG forums gaming guru.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #3448 (permalink)

Also for the 3 people that haven't gotten it, Steam is having a free Modern Warfare 2 (multiplayer only) weekend going on now through Sunday.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:01 AM   #3449 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombo View Post
I have a friend that's close with a lot of guys at Blizzard. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see if I can get a key for you. After all, you seem to be the KatG forums gaming guru.
<3 thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombo View Post
Also for the 3 people that haven't gotten it, Steam is having a free Modern Warfare 2 (multiplayer only) weekend going on now through Sunday.
Totally forgot to post this but i'll taking part in it too. I'm pretty vocal about my problems with Modern Warfare 2 but a free weekend is always worth a play.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #3450 (permalink)

I downloaded, played and uninstalled Modern Warfare 2; that game is broken and no fun. The steam page refers to it as the 'definitive multiplayer experience', guess they never played Team Fortress 2.

I went to an event Thursday night organised by the guys of PC Gamer UK. I've been reading that magazine since I was a mere standardboy and I play most of my Team Fortress 2 on their server, so I leapt at the opportunity to play them in person.

I had blast! The room was full of powerful PCs with packed steam profiles and even consoles. As the PCG guys welcomed us, they gestured towards two tables with four/five networked PCs facing each other and the game they were running was none other than Starcraft II!

I played two rounds of 2v2 - won the first entirely due to a good defence and my aggressive team mate, I was about to play my second game when Tim Edwards (the editor of PC Gamer) sat down and asked who wanted to play. We ended up on the same team, both as Protoss (snooty space elves) vs two Terren (space hicks) players.

I tried the old proxy pylon trick on the first guy very early on (drone teleports in buildings but can do other things while they appear - allowing you to tele in many at once - pylons allow you to build structures around them), planting turrets around the pylon just outside his base. Before he knew what was happening, I had five turrets and a barracks shutting him down and even started building my new base as I was destroying his.

I basically had no army at this point but my team mate kept the other guy at bay and harassed his supply chain - allowing me climb up the tech tree without conflict. This is where I discovered one of Starcraft II's most spectacular new one-at-a-time units - the Protoss mothership; it's a giant, regal flying saucer that glows a cool blue and cloaks my units underneath it, can teleport all my units to it's position and fire a BLACK HOLE that instantly sucks everything not bolted down in it's range into oblivion.

So me and the editor of PC Gamer attacked the poor guy with two massive armies from both sides, cloaked under a mothership each. Once we met in the middle, we finished him off by simultaneously firing both of our black holes in a speculator unlight show of doom. Fantastic!

Starcraft II is an unusual feeling - both new and familiar - it's not the revolution that the original was and I kept wanting to zoom out, but it's the asymmetrical yet balanced game I love and I was amazed by how polished the game is, even in the beta phase. It's also gorgeous - Starcraft II looked like how I remember the original.

The rest of the night was TF2 and even some prophunt, had a fun time meeting the guys I'm used to playing online as well as new people and TF2 is even more hilarious in the same room. All nice chaps.

Oh and GOG.com are having a sale on some RPGs.

Last edited by standardman; 04-09-2010 at 08:28 PM.