Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 04-17-2010, 10:41 PM   #3491 (permalink)

Evony 2 an online real time strategy game for PC... Loving it so far... I even have put down the PS3 controller :O
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #3492 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzlewizzle View Post
I was looking at picking up the new splinter cell, but they had splinter cell: Double Agent for $15, so I got that instead, since I've never played it. Damn its hard.
I thought about picking that up on the cheap as well, and this definitely confirmed that I must.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #3493 (permalink)

I just got the dlc General Knoxx for Borderlands, it's shitloads more challenging that the rest of Borderlands, it's fucking fun as hell though.

If only I didn't have to get wrok done while the old lady is at work, I might be done with it already.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #3494 (permalink)

Week 2 of Direct2Drive's deals is GO!

Important thing: Direct2Drive has three different regions (us, uk, eu), all with different prices. BUT you can order anything from any region's site; this makes sales an hilarious game of guess the price. So here are the best deals across all the regions (full lists are here: US/UK/EU), converted into pounds using XE. If you want them in another currency then, well, do it yourself.

Arma Gold (Arma I and II) £4.35

Knights of the Old Republic £3.09

Eufloria £3.79

Total War Collection £28.59

Supreme Commander Gold (first game and the expansion) £2.50

GTA IV £3.95

Guild Wars Trilogy £13.01

Men of War £1.63

Men of War: Red Tide £3.23

Aaaaaaa! £1.27

Thank god for tabbed browsing.

Trine is on sale (read: temporary not overpriced) on Steam for £4.25.

Last edited by standardman; 04-19-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: a steam sale!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #3495 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diglass View Post
I just got the dlc General Knoxx for Borderlands, it's shitloads more challenging that the rest of Borderlands, it's fucking fun as hell though.

If only I didn't have to get wrok done while the old lady is at work, I might be done with it already.
I really have enjoyed all the DLC for Borderlands. I was able to get it for $40 and out of all the games I own, it's probably up there with most used, Gears has topped that by and large, but it's in 2nd, without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneed View Post
Just finished the new Splinter Cell. Loved it but I wish it was longer. Deniable Ops is fun, I'm playing on rookie (just because I can) and keep dying. Arrrrrrgh.
I feel the same. I REALLY enjoyed it! Avoiding the lasers in the later sections sucked so hard, and the infrared goggles tended to be more frustrating than they were worth, but that is a future purchase for me.

What I love is that the Gamestop locations in Canada have a "Gaming Guarantee" on some games. Splinter Cell was one, and I wouldn't have bought it without, as I wasn't terribly keen on the demo, but I'm glad I did.

Since I didn't have any close friends pick it up, I know I won't play co-op, so I'll just have to wait until it drops, which all Ubisoft games do within months of their release, and I'll get it again.

As for Just Cause 2, I'm REALLY enjoying it. I normally dislike all open world games (GTA, I'm looking at you!) but the fact that I can hop into a helicopter, drop the guys out and then hop to the next helicopter when it comes at me to take them down too is just so damn enjoyable.

Flying in that game rocks my world. It combines all the cool stuff from the GTA games that you get only a taste of and makes it all so much better.

The story, however, is utter crap. But I figured it would be and came in with low expectations.

And it was only $39 bucks at walmart, so for that price, I'm def getting my bling worth out of it.

Next up is Lost Planet 2. 4 player co-op and I know that the people who I play with most will be getting it, and that's epic win. Even if it's not perfect... Plus Marcus and Dom skins? HELL. YES.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #3496 (permalink)

Get Trine while it's cheap folks - one of my favourites of the year!

Also, everyone start playing Lord of Ultima and let's get a KATG community going in that shit - it's free.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #3497 (permalink)

I've been playing alot of Modern Warfare 2, Bioshock 2, and Uncharted 2. If you gotta PS3 send me a message or friend request. My Clan tag on COD is KATG.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #3498 (permalink)

just got Monster hunter Tri

gonna bust it out tonight

better not dissapoint
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #3499 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamousBiGD View Post
Evony 2 an online real time strategy game for PC... Loving it so far... I even have put down the PS3 controller :O
It's nice that you're playing a PC game but I'd recommended using Absolute Uninstaller to delete it at once if not sooner. Follow it with a malware scan to be safe.

Short version: It's malware from a Chinese hacker and MMO gold farmer disguised as a game by ripping off assets from other games. Everything you do is reported to a server and it's been known to light up antivirus software.

Long version here , here and here.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #3500 (permalink)

I'm playing Battlefield Bad Company II online right now on 360 (that's right, you heard me - a console!) Join me! I found my mic and everything.