Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 05-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #3601 (permalink)

Valve, I love you.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #3602 (permalink)

Anyone remember NBA Jam and how it was probably the best basketball game ever made (IMO)? Well, it's getting rebooted for the Wii and EA is holding a contest for your catchphrase to be put into the game if you win.

Contest: http://www.facebook.com/NBAJAM?v=app_4949752878

They need submissions for the following plays: Dunks, assists, alley oops, blocks, three pointers, regular field goals, "on fire" shots, steals, shot clock violations, rebounds and misses. Sixty-four finalists will be chosen and then paired off for voting, tournament-bracket style, to arrive at four winners.

You'll have to click the "Like" button in order to access the entry page.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #3603 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Anyone remember NBA Jam and how it was probably the best basketball game ever made (IMO)? Well, it's getting rebooted for the Wii and EA is holding a contest for your catchphrase to be put into the game if you win.

Contest: NBA JAM Boomshakalaka | Facebook

They need submissions for the following plays: Dunks, assists, alley oops, blocks, three pointers, regular field goals, "on fire" shots, steals, shot clock violations, rebounds and misses. Sixty-four finalists will be chosen and then paired off for voting, tournament-bracket style, to arrive at four winners.

You'll have to click the "Like" button in order to access the entry page.
I got a Genesis for $7 a few months ago, and since then me and my friend have played SO much NBA Jam. God I can't wait for this reboot.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #3604 (permalink)

Sleep is Death sounds amazing and exactly what I want from a game. There's a short walkthrough from the developer (Jason Rohrer of 'Passage' and 'Gravitation') here but it's essentially a toolbox to easily make your own simple looking games for people to play. The twist is that the person playing it can do or say anything he wants and the person making it has to adapt, in the 30 second turns.

In short, it's improv. theatre: the game. Fantastic!

Oh and it costs £whatever you want to pay for two copies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Alan Wake looks awesome, it's one of those games that makes me think about getting a console (then i think that i am over thirty and have already problems handling my current addictions, so i pass)

Curious about ALpha Protocol. Could be a mess or something new. The trailer makes it seem not much more than your usual spy actioneer, with a vague hint of RPG. But the developers actually call it "The first spy RPG". Not that it means anything.

Also Darksiders will come out for PC in a month! Wheee.
I'm sure Alan Wake will get a PC version eventually, it was developed for PC before Microsoft gave them a money hat.

Funny you should say that about Alpha Protocol, my feeling through every stage of development has been 'could be good, not sure'. Agreed the 'the first spy RPG' tagline is nonsense.

I really enjoyed Darksiders, in spite of hating the art style. Zelda + God of War and unashamed of it.

Last edited by standardman; 05-13-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:25 AM   #3605 (permalink)

Yeah just got steam for my mac, and downloading portal as we speak. finally I can listen to standardman without getting jealous of pc's
Old 05-14-2010, 07:21 AM   #3606 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Welcome to the darkness. You'll find yourself buying stuff you never thought of. Feel free to vent at Standardman now, before the bank cuts off your internet connection.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:29 AM   #3607 (permalink)

Valve really should starting paying me or something.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #3608 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by listener View Post
Yeah just got steam for my mac, and downloading portal as we speak. finally I can listen to standardman without getting jealous of pc's
Ah, I want one of those.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #3609 (permalink)

So, I'm pretty sure someone here already mentioned the Humble Indie Bundle that went on sale last week, BUT, I HAVE to point out one particular game in that pack.

Penumbra. If nothing else, find a way to get this trifecta of horror/puzzle gaming.

First one is pretty decent, second is GREAT, third is completely unneeded - but don't take my word on it, try them out. They're pretty short, so find a weekend and have some fun (just remember to turn the lights off).

Go Canada!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #3610 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The humble indie bundle is way better but Steam has an indie pack of his own, apparetly.

It's called "The Steam Play Indie Pack", costs 19 euros (how's that in dollaz?) and includes "World of Goo" (already in the humble), "Machinarium" (A masterpiece of genius and poetry that is required) plus three things i have no idea about:

-"And yet it moves" which seems cool but a bit looks over substance
-"Osmos" which fascinates me incredibly. Mostly because it seems designed by a druggie.
-"Galcon Fusion" No Idea

Also "Torchlight" is half price for the weekend. If you're one of those sad beings that hasnt got it yet, you have an occasion to fix your useless, pathetic life.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 05-14-2010 at 10:47 AM.