Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #4171 (permalink)

They went from skinning windows to being a game developer. Stardock are weird.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #4172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I'm sorry Chmpy, I've always thought you were chimpy...but chompy's cooler anyway. (:

I already have the Orange Box on PS3, and it is THE SHIT, but I was never able to connect to the ea network to play Team Fortress 2 (which I ended up buying on Steam) and I have Portal on the PC....Half Life 2 is the main reason I play my Orange Box on PS3.

I was at the game store today, but I drew a blank as to what games I had decided to get with your and Tony's advice.

So I didn't get anything, I'll go back tomorrow. My PS3 needs new games.
Currently all I have for my PS3 are:

Fallout 3, NCAA Football 09, The Orange Box, God of War I-III, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Beatles Rockband, Rockband, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Not a very cool collection. :/

*Also, I wanted to mention, while I was there I asked the guy who works there about Arkham Asylum, because I was never sure whether or not I wanted the game, it looked kinda cool, but I shrugged it off assuming that the love for the game just came from the same people who fapped over Dark Knight...but it does sound like an awesome game, and while it's a tad bit pricier than what I'm looking to spend on any given game....it does seem like it might be worth it. Should I do it? It's also not multiplayer, which I really want...cause part of the reason I want new games is cause I don't have anything to play with friends when we're hanging out.
If your looking for good PS3 games I have to recommend both of the Uncharted games, the second one is better, the Resistance games, second one is also better, and Killzone 2. All these games have a good storyline and a really good online, especially Uncharted 2, you can't go wrong with that game. Also I recently bought Red Dead Redemption and that game is a great sandbox game.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #4173 (permalink)

FY;SY still my favorite RTS

Been playing games against my brother, we hoard all the resources and very little fighting takes place, except for fucking with each other.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #4174 (permalink)

Well, I was hoping to play some SNES, but I can't get mine to work anymore...I tried switching out other games, the best I got was being able to play a little bit of Jurassic Park on it. Oh well...it has to be something wrong with the A/V part...like I don't know if it's the cable or something inside the SNES, but I think the games would work fine...it just loses the A/V every now and then...but once I lose it, the only way to get it back is to shut the system off and on.

Oh well...I can't get the PS3 to work with my new roommate's tv (I just moved in to a new apartment) in the living room...the TV belongs to one of my new roommates who left it here, but he's still at home until sometime this week...my other roommate and I tried to set it up...but we have no idea why we're not getting anything...

I don't have a N64 controller anymore because I gave my last one to a kid I used to babysit cause he wanted one (I actually gave him one of my two N64s, I happened to have two)....so I'm probably going to make sure my PS1 still works.

(I have a smaller, old tv in my bedroom that I brought with me, I'm not gonna bother to set up my PS3 in my bedroom since I know I'll only really want to play it in the living room...bigger/better tv vs. tiny old one...easy match)

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 08-15-2010, 10:55 PM   #4175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StasRox View Post
If your looking for good PS3 games I have to recommend both of the Uncharted games, the second one is better, the Resistance games, second one is also better, and Killzone 2. All these games have a good storyline and a really good online, especially Uncharted 2, you can't go wrong with that game. Also I recently bought Red Dead Redemption and that game is a great sandbox game.
I've played Resistance: Fall of Man, and I didn't care for that at all, I don't know which one in the series that is...but I didn't like it. I found it boring and oddly familiar...like nothing seemed particularly interesting about it, that I couldn't find in any other similar game, and probably better.

I'd with you on Red Dead Redemption, I played it for a bit at my friend's house and enjoyed it very much. I know nothing about the Uncharted games, just that they're praised and that the first one is very affordable at the moment, lol...so I'll consider that...

I really liked the Killzone 2 demo I played, I'm very tempted to buy it, but I'm trying to buy multiplayer games. I could see myself getting it though.

Man, being officially an adult sucks, I wish I could go back to whining at my parents about wanting a video game and getting it...lol
Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #4176 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I'm trying to think of a game that'll fit what you're looking for...but I can't...
but in trying to think of a game, I remembered a game I heard about

Elemental.....I'm not sure if it's out yet, probably not, but it looked like it'd be wicked.

*Fantasy Wars, there that's kinda like what you described. I think.
That video is just a map with a bunch of words over it....it isn't a game trailer!

Fantasy Wars is horrible. Have you ever played a tabletop wargame? Have you played fantasy wars? (Im just curious, although if you read those questions in an 'incredulous' tone it sounds like Im being a dick) I actually bought it after seeing the trailer thinking it would be what I was looking for! But it totally wasn't...it was just kind of a dumb hex-based tactical bore fest with fight cinematics that look like its a nice troop-based wargame......

What I am really looking for is a game like Dawn of War, but turn-based and fantasy-themed. (I just started playing DoW tonight and Im suprised by how much I like it)
Old 08-15-2010, 11:47 PM   #4177 (permalink)

Grabbed Bioshock 2 the other day, slowly working my way through it. Pretty good, but its really just a big expansion of Bioshock 1, not alot new in it.

Bioshock 3 looks awesome though!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:53 PM   #4178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmpy View Post
That video is just a map with a bunch of words over it....it isn't a game trailer!

Fantasy Wars is horrible. Have you ever played a tabletop wargame? Have you played fantasy wars? (Im just curious, although if you read those questions in an 'incredulous' tone it sounds like Im being a dick) I actually bought it after seeing the trailer thinking it would be what I was looking for! But it totally wasn't...it was just kind of a dumb hex-based tactical bore fest with fight cinematics that look like its a nice troop-based wargame......

What I am really looking for is a game like Dawn of War, but turn-based and fantasy-themed. (I just started playing DoW tonight and Im suprised by how much I like it)
I couldn't find a real trailer for it....I'll replace the video with a gameplay demonstration.

I've never played tabletop computer game, well I'm not exactly sure what constitutes one...but Risk is one of my favorite board games, lol. And no, I considered buying Fantasy Wars once, and I've seen trailers, heard of it...but never played it. I guess it's shit though, so I probably won't.

*Elemental video has been replaced.

Last edited by DudeEMETIB; 08-16-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:36 AM   #4179 (permalink)

Just beat Half Life! WOOT!

Now to finally beat through HL2.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #4180 (permalink)

Anybody wanna coop game with me today?

RedDead 360, L4D2 Steam, Borderlands 360