Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #4301 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Indie Games!

I recently re-downloaded an indie game called Oasis and have been playing it during my commute. It is a casual game, but it has all the elements of a really solid gaming experience. I recommend trying the demo, at $6.99 it's a little expensive for what it is (and most places try to charge $20 for it! so if you try the demo and like it, find a place where it is only $6.99) but if you have some disposable income its worth the price.

It's an exploration/strategy game..I think it was best described as "civilization meets minesweeper" in 5 - 10 minute rounds.

I also can never recommend Toribash enough, its a really really technical turn-based fighting game where you make up your own moves based on specific muscle area tweaking...hard to describe, but its free! Try it out, get frustrated, go online and watch how good people are, get inspired, play it way too much, tooooribaaash!

Oasis: OASIS | Mind Control Software
Toribash: Toribash - Violence Perfected - A physics based fighting game.

If anyone tries these, even if you hate them, I'd love to hear your feedback.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #4302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Just wrapped up Red Dead Redemption single-player with 99.5% completion (just have to get that Marshal uniform). Been dabbling in free roam, doing all the boring side-tasks for XP.
You are a better man than I. I couldn't even get close in that game.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #4303 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
You are a better man than I. I couldn't even get close in that game.
I'm an explorer/achievement hunter type. GTA series, Fallout 3, etc., I'll search the entire landscape, do all the side missions, etc. I spent a great deal of time trying to wrap up the final portion of some of the hunting tasks.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:59 AM   #4304 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
I'm an explorer/achievement hunter type. GTA series, Fallout 3, etc., I'll search the entire landscape, do all the side missions, etc. I spent a great deal of time trying to wrap up the final portion of some of the hunting tasks.
I guess it depends. While I had no problems wandering Fallout 3's landscape for hours on end, I never felt that same motivation to find 100 hidden packages in Liberty City, or shoot 100 pigeons, or any of that stuff. I will admit, though, that skinning animals and collecting pelts and shit in Red Dead is awesome.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #4305 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Free Gift!

Hey guys,
I bought a 4-Pack of Plain sight last night cuz it looked awesome and it was on sale for $2 (or $6 for a 4-pack). Respond here if you want a free copy of this game. All I ask is that you try to play it with me once or twice.

It's a super-twitchy game with what seems like a big learning curve, but Ive been playing it for a few hours and seem to have been able to hold my own online.

First three people to respond here will get the game free from me. I think I need to be your Steam friend to give you a "gift" though so make sure to include that if you want it. (Or just go buy it for $2 while the sale is going on)
Old 08-25-2010, 04:36 PM   #4306 (permalink)

Yes please!

I met the devs when it was an early version, it would be ace to see how the game turned out!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #4307 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
Yes please!

I met the devs when it was an early version, it would be ace to see how the game turned out!
Looks like you need to accept my friend request before I can gift it to you.

Your slot is reserved till you accept!

2 more available!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #4308 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmpy View Post
Looks like you need to accept my friend request before I can gift it to you.

Your slot is reserved till you accept!

2 more available!
I already have it but that's a super cool thing to do. For those who don't know, it's robot samurai top gun...with hats. Jump on it.

Last edited by standardman; 08-25-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #4309 (permalink)

And yes, that's super awesome of you. I didn't see it on sale so I missed out. Just accepted you! (sorry, was watching TV)

Edit: Oh, it's still on sale now! I feel sort of guilty for not buying it, but in three days I'll be jobless so bring on the charity.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #4310 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
And yes, that's super awesome of you. I didn't see it on sale so I missed out. Just accepted you! (sorry, was watching TV)

Edit: Oh, it's still on sale now! I feel sort of guilty for not buying it, but in three days I'll be jobless so bring on the charity.
done!
No need to thank me....the 4-pack was only six bucks so Im happy to give out the game to potential future adversaries. Been playing it for a bit now and its kind of tricky to get used to, but lots of fun. It has a novel 'unlocking abilities' gimmick that is really endearing to me.

Last edited by Chmpy; 08-25-2010 at 07:07 PM.