Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 09-23-2015, 06:01 AM   #5391 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundane Soul View Post
That game is so right. I played it for well over 100 hours and wrung every last bit of side questing out of it that I could. Now the DLC is out and I'm like OH SOLAS but I don't know if I can bring myself to go back.

I just started the Witcher 3 and mother of fucks it's brilliant. I finished the second one a few days ago. It was a great game, but this is like...just unbelievable. There are side quest characters that you spend five minutes with that other games could (and probably would have) built an entire game around. Like the hunter who helped me track down a griffin and shared his super-intense story with me because I took a moment to sympathize with him. He fell in love with a local noble's son, but they were found out and his lover ended up killing himself, causing the noble father to become a huge dick towards all of his subjects and cast out the hunter to live on his own in the forest. All of this could have been missed if not for my comment in passing. Jaysus. This game is going to consume my life.
The Feeance tells me I'd enjoy Witcher but I don't even know where I'd have the time to play it. This post just kinda sealed it for me that I will get to it eventually. That's awesome.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:22 AM   #5392 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
Just started Alphabear and it's the cutest! I had to delete my game though cause I got to Chapter 3 and realized I was missing the robot bear from Chapter 2 and didn't see a way to go back. Not even annoyed!

Dragon Age is still the tits and taking up most of my time. I've got a post it note of things to do to get more cheeves. Anyone know where the fuck to get Ferelden Locks once you've passed the point (storywise) where those guys in the hills who drop them spawn?! It annoys me to no end to have that requisition sitting there unfulfilled. ::nerds out::

Aside from that the fiance has been hogging the Xbox playing Destiny so I'm back to Spelunky and Nuclear Throne (updated!) on Steam.
Try this: Ferelden locks where to find them after main and side quests complete? - Dragon Age: Inquisition Answers for PlayStation 4 - GameFAQs
And this: Hinterlands Cage Requisition - Dragon Age Wiki

The other thing to keep in mind is that the requisitions are neverending, which kind of drove me nuts. Every time you complete one the scout in the area will give you another and another and another. I eventually had to just quit talking to them after the first few quests in each area so I didn't go insane.

You're making me want to play through it again, especially when you mention the achievements. I got a metric fuckton of them because I did just about everything the game had to offer but I still need to go back and make different decisions, etc. I still need to beat it on Nightmare, too.

And yeah, if you're digging Dragon Age then the Witcher will be right up your alley. I actually think it's a better game both story and gameplay-wise, though I do still love DAI. Of course, I have about an hour a week to play games anymore, so I'll probably beat it sometime in 2018. The great thing about the Witcher, though, is that I can use that hour to go do some random side quest that ends up blowing my mind.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:33 AM   #5393 (permalink)

Thanks, I was mostly using IGN for guides, every time I googled ferelden locks all I saw was "you're shit outta luck" posts. I just did two bits in DA that dealt with two separate characters and their sexualities/gender and am kinda surprised that is was handled the way it was. The more I play of this the more I love it.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #5394 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I'm passively into Alphabear because of this thread.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #5395 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks, I was mostly using IGN for guides, every time I googled ferelden locks all I saw was "you're shit outta luck" posts. I just did two bits in DA that dealt with two separate characters and their sexualities/gender and am kinda surprised that is was handled the way it was. The more I play of this the more I love it.
Yep, I was really impressed with their approach to the subject. It's refreshing to see a prominent transgender character (actually, I think the game has more than one, iirc) who is just treated as a person, especially in a fantasy setting. Hope we see more of that in all forms of media moving forward.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:24 AM   #5396 (permalink)

Now if only I could figure out how to break up with Blackwall. You fuck a guy ONE time...smh..
Old 10-02-2015, 01:31 PM   #5397 (permalink)

Quote:
Now if only I could figure out how to break up with Blackwall. You fuck a guy ONE time...smh..
Haha, well...just let it breathe and see what happens.

My lady got down with Solas and holy shit is that a grim romance. Part of the reason I really need to play that last DLC.

I thought it was pretty cool that you could romance Frenchy McQua or whatever, the female advisor. Also Cullen tried to hit on me and I was like, "I don't want that 'beard' anywhere near my virtual box. Scram, fella."
iheartnihilism likes this.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:20 PM   #5398 (permalink)
Big

I play Fifa 16 and CS:go
Old 10-19-2015, 11:52 PM   #5399 (permalink)

Loving Rock Band 4, Rugby League Live 3 and Halo comes out next week, so all I'm really thinking right now is Halo Halo Halo.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:49 PM   #5400 (permalink)

Well I beat Dragon Age and never got to bed Sera. Good thing it was a cakewalk and I plan on playing it again at the higher difficulties.

The Witcher is... fucking hard. I'm annoyed with it right now because I've been killed about 20 times now. I can't do anything (I JUST started) without leveling up but I can't level up because fucking everything kills me and I never remember to save and I just fucking turned this shit off this morning like "fuck this". I'm not giving up but jesus, can a nigga get some xp?!