Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: favorite portable media player
iPod 48 80.00%
MP3 5 8.33%
Napster 0 0%
any other that i forgot 7 11.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2006, 04:05 AM   #31 (permalink)

Creative zen micro
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:55 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
Fair opinion, but the thing is, and I'm speaking for the opposition here, that I am not an audiophile. iTunes does everything I need, and all the extra feature that are talked about in other programs are of little interest, because even if I did use something else, I would only be using the same things I use in iTunes.

Basically, all I need in a program (at least at this point in time) is something that can keep my music and videos organized, download podcasts automatically, share everything among my home network, and do it in a way that is straight forward.
i use shoutcast, so iTunes cant do what winamp can do. im no longer an audiophile, so quality, as long as its not sub par, im happy. i dont like the fact that iTunes wants to run even when not in use on my computer. i dont like how it uses more resources to do the same things, but as resources are alot more available these days, it doesnt hinder me in any real way. also, by comparison, i dont like how slow iTunes is compared to winamp, but its not way slow, so i can live with it, i suppose. i dont like the interface, they need to make skins or mods for iTunes...maybe in the next few years they will catch up, til then, no iTunes for spooky. /shrug
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:15 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
i use shoutcast, so iTunes cant do what winamp can do. im no longer an audiophile, so quality, as long as its not sub par, im happy. i dont like the fact that iTunes wants to run even when not in use on my computer. i dont like how it uses more resources to do the same things, but as resources are alot more available these days, it doesnt hinder me in any real way. also, by comparison, i dont like how slow iTunes is compared to winamp, but its not way slow, so i can live with it, i suppose. i dont like the interface, they need to make skins or mods for iTunes...maybe in the next few years they will catch up, til then, no iTunes for spooky. /shrug
Shoutcast really does tip the scales in the direction away from iTunes, but I guess the main thing is that I started using it a long time ago, and have gotten used to it, even though it isn't perfect. Kind of like how you have that one pair of shoes that even though there aren't the greatest, or the most high tech, because you've been wearing for such a long time, they feel natural. /spooky shrug
Old 08-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #34 (permalink)

See How are you listening to KATG and Just because I'm sick of people constantly recommending iPods

My comments are here and here
Old 08-08-2006, 08:59 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
Wow. That must've been a lot of work. It would've taken less energy just to repost your opinion
Old 08-08-2006, 09:14 AM   #36 (permalink)

Is there really an portable media player called the Mp3? Is there one called Napster? I thought those were a file format and an internet company respectively, not a piece of hardware you can physically hold on your person. Perhaps that is why iPod is winning: the other choices are confusing people.

EDIT: mali and arcatacat already mentioned this, but I skimmed through the 1st page of the thread and missed it.

Last edited by Cubby; 08-08-2006 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
iTunes is the devil. im amazed how awesome people think apple is and how great they think iTunes is. its the most non modular POS ive ever dealt with. iTunes is why i wont buy stock in apple, that narrow minded, only works on our equipment mentality is not the way of the future. remember minidiscs? yeah, same thing.

bite me apple, it pisses me off that i bought music, its on my ipod, and when i wanna play it on my computer, from the ipods HD, too bad, unless im usin apples software.

also, i voted for george bush.
Spook I want to implore you to stop holding back, dude it's not healthy to bottle up your feelings/opinions like this
Old 08-08-2006, 01:17 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
for instance, though there may be no common rule forcing double spaces between sentences, i use them without fail, as without them, my lack of capitalization could impede the viewers reading ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe
I'm not taking this any further, but I do want to comment on the forums and the double space between sentences issue. I, too, put two spaces between sentences and when you post your response the forums software takes one of them out. Why is that? Does it not like it? Yet, when I quote spooky, the double spaces are in the quote. It makes no sense.
with html they decided to correct this (either the w3c or the browser makers not sure which), you can put 8 spaces and you'll get one. (like i did before the 8)

here's some background reading on the subject, it seems to be a contentious issue.