Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

I asked him at a standup show in Dallas a couple years ago if he'd go back on KATG. He said, "I would but they never fucking ask me to." The way he responded you could tell the thought had never crossed his mind.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas View Post
I asked him at a standup show in Dallas a couple years ago if he'd go back on KATG. He said, "I would but they never fucking ask me to." The way he responded you could tell the thought had never crossed his mind.
I bet he doesnt actually remember who the hell KATG are... I love him to death, but he's seriously fucked up....
Old 11-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
A guy that would NEVER work as a guest is David Cross. I'm sure about that.
Was it Keith that told the story of David Cross going to hang out with his fans after a show and just making fun of them the entire time? That guy always looked like a dick, and I'm not surprised that he turned out to be a dick. I'm always kind of surprised when people profess to be his fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
He's overrated.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
Was it Keith that told the story of David Cross going to hang out with his fans after a show and just making fun of them the entire time? That guy always looked like a dick, and I'm not surprised that he turned out to be a dick. I'm always kind of surprised when people profess to be his fans.
I still find him hilarious.

The story Keith mentioned is a scene in his doc "Let america laugh". A very drunk fan invites him to a party and starts talking to him and ramble a lot. Cross films him and puts the bit in a sarcastic context where he's next in the shot to a rambling homeless guy.

He's not a dick in the Dane Cook/I'm a star way... It's just that his whoòle humour and personality are dripping with smug sarcasm and he always exhudes that. I know people who met him and said that he's actually a nice guy but he's one of those persons that is always on the edge of humoring you and in a very cruel way. Not surprisingly he rubs keith the wrong way. But he has a unique brand of humour. When he hits,m he hits HARD.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I still find him hilarious.

The story Keith mentioned is a scene in his doc "Let america laugh". A very drunk fan invites him to a party and starts talking to him and ramble a lot. Cross films him and puts the bit in a sarcastic context where he's next in the shot to a rambling homeless guy.

He's not a dick in the Dane Cook/I'm a star way... It's just that his whoòle humour and personality are dripping with smug sarcasm and he always exhudes that. I know people who met him and said that he's actually a nice guy but he's one of those persons that is always on the edge of humoring you and in a very cruel way. Not surprisingly he rubs keith the wrong way. But he has a unique brand of humour. When he hits,m he hits HARD.
David Cross is funny as fuck. I can't wait till his book is in paperback (is it yet?) so I don't have to read it in snippets at the bookstore. Graft vs. Host will always have me laughing.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
David Cross is funny as fuck. I can't wait till his book is in paperback (is it yet?) so I don't have to read it in snippets at the bookstore. Graft vs. Host will always have me laughing.

It just got out as hardcover. If you like his humour, you'll love it. He doesnt even try to tell a story he just spits out mean surreal stuff. I'm not a big comedy book fan, but this one had me rolling.

(There's also an audio version of it)
Old 11-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
It just got out as hardcover. If you like his humour, you'll love it. He doesnt even try to tell a story he just spits out mean surreal stuff. I'm not a big comedy book fan, but this one had me rolling.

(There's also an audio version of it)
Yeah, the parts that I read I liked. Not an audiobook guy though, or I probably would have downloaded it already. Will be buying once it's paperback because $30 bucks is too much for a book to me.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
Yeah, the parts that I read I liked. Not an audiobook guy though, or I probably would have downloaded it already. Will be buying once it's paperback because $30 bucks is too much for a book to me.
Suggestion: http://www.abebooks.com

I got at 12 dollars there. It's where i always buy books. Sometimes you find stuff for 50 cents. and in good condition.

30 bucks for a book is insane. I like getting books and music but i have rent to pay and i am a proud cheapskate too.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Suggestion: AbeBooks Official Site - New & Used Books, New & Used Textbooks, Rare & Out of Print Books

I got at 12 dollars there. It's where i always buy books. Sometimes you find stuff for 50 cents. and in good condition.

30 bucks for a book is insane. I like getting books and music but i have rent to pay and i am a proud cheapskate too.
scored it for 12 bucks. Also some good cheap used stuff (like 4 dollars with shipping). Thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

Kyle be a great intern and talk to stanhope