Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: NO POLL DUE TO HURRICANE SANDY
Yes 32 31.07%
No 71 68.93%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1680: Twister

"I was just in a stairwell for seven hours. Give me a break."

Share this episode: Twister - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Lauren Hennessy

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't know about other VAs but the Indianapolis one has a special military sex trauma clinc that is constantly busy. When I went through the general orientation they made it seem like it was normal and to be expected that most of the women veterans experienced it. It is really sad.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Hands down, KaTG has provided me with the most interesting coverage of the Hurricane by far. Fuck these major news networks, KaTG deserve awards fir this show alone.

On another point...

"My life no longer exists after 1983..." - this from my 6 year old son.

Seriously though, both my kids love the original triology and prefer them over the prequel triology. The cartoon series "The Clone Wars" is must watch viewing *when I download it off the internet* each Sunday morning.

Disney acquiring Star Wars...did any of you see John Carter"?

What an abortion.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 10-31-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

I don't think kids would have any problem following the original Star Wars movies. They're very simple. The newer prequels, with all of their "free trade/tax blockade" faux-intellectual bullshit and distracting effects would be way more disorienting for kids. I think the reason it's not so huge for kids anymore is that the series was (at least until yesterday's announcement) was thought to be over. Why not move on to a new thing?

Disney seems like a weird choice, but don't forget that they acquired Marvel and released The Avengers, one of the biggest movies in recent memory. Everything will be fine. Maybe if they get somebody like Brad Bird, who's worked with Disney before and did Ratatouille and Mission Impossible 4, we might get a genuinely good Star Wars movie.

Ok love you guys bye.

"Stay sick. Don't get well." -- The Mountain Goats (shut up.)
Old 10-31-2012, 01:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
I don't think kids would have any problem following the original Star Wars movies. They're very simple. The newer prequels, with all of their "free trade/tax blockade" faux-intellectual bullshit and distracting effects would be way more disorienting for kids. I think the reason it's not so huge for kids anymore is that the series was (at least until yesterday's announcement) was thought to be over. Why not move on to a new thing?

Disney seems like a weird choice, but don't forget that they acquired Marvel and released The Avengers, one of the biggest movies in recent memory. Everything will be fine. Maybe if they get somebody like Brad Bird, who's worked with Disney before and did Ratatouille and Mission Impossible 4, we might get a genuinely good Star Wars movie.

Ok love you guys bye.
I don't think you can count making Ratatouille as a credit to being qualified to make a Star Wars movie. Maybe if they got someone like Joss Whedon whose entire career has been based in science fiction then people might feel more comfortable with the new movies
Old 10-31-2012, 01:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I think people really think Mickey Mouse is making these movies.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I think people really think Mickey Mouse is making these movies.
Mickey Mouse has seen it all he might be the perfect man/mouse for the job
Old 10-31-2012, 02:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredv1214 View Post
I don't think you can count making Ratatouille as a credit to being qualified to make a Star Wars movie. Maybe if they got someone like Joss Whedon whose entire career has been based in science fiction then people might feel more comfortable with the new movies
Every science fiction show he's done has failed miserably.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
Every science fiction show he's done has failed miserably.
not really. Buffy and Angel were on for year. and the short lived show were either made with the intent to be just a couple season (Dollhouse) or were screwed up by Fox (Firefly) and even with that he has amassed a huge following meaning they weren't miserable failures
Old 10-31-2012, 02:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
not really. Buffy and Angel were on for year.
Vampires, Witches, and the undead are, generally, are not Science Fiction.
While you can certainly credit him for things like Buffy, Speed, Toy Story, Roseanne, or The Avengers, his forays into Sci Fi have been much less successful as a whole.

Quote:
and the short lived show were either made with the intent to be just a couple season (Dollhouse)
There was originally a five year plan for the show.

Quote:
or were screwed up by Fox (Firefly)
It's always fun when people blame Fox for cancelling a show with tanking ratings out of the gate. They aren't responsible for America's disintrest in the plot presented.