Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Hang Out with Me

Hang Out with Me Myq Kaplan's show

Old 07-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

74: Gays Upon My Works

Myq hangs out with Ben Lerman and Michael Martin on the KATG Network

https://twitter.com/benlerman

https://twitter.com/Piefolk

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
myq

Thanks for listening, everyone who's listening! This is my favorite* most recent episode.

Reviews are coming in from all over the internet. See? Here, from an email I got:
"FYI great podcast today. It was nice to have audio confirmation that you are more monogamous/ open relationship over poly."

Information! Enjoy! Thanks again, everyone!

*Every most recent episode is my favorite most recent episode, but it still feels nice to say it.

Last edited by myq; 07-05-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: adding extra words
Old 07-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've listened to both episodes and I've really enjoyed hearing you "unleashed" and punning the fuck out of everything. Every guest you've had on has been great, especially Micah - when you two are together it's pretty magic. And gay.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
I've listened to both episodes and I've really enjoyed hearing you "unleashed" and punning the fuck out of everything. Every guest you've had on has been great, especially Micah - when you two are together it's pretty magic. And gay.
Thanks very much! I love magic and gayness. Glad you're enjoying listening and now communicating here!

PS I prefer to call it "funning the puck" out of everything.
PPS I don't really. They're equally enjoyable phrases to say.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Maybe it's 'cause I'm more exposed to it, but I find Asians the most racist of all races (racism!). The Chinese hate the Japanese, the Japanese hate Koreans, and the Koreans hate the Chinese. And everyone hates the Vietnamese. It's probably a lot more dangerous telling middle aged Chinese people you're Japanese than it is telling people in 'Murka you're atheist, gay, and black (maybe they're blind and can't tell).
Old 07-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Maybe it's 'cause I'm more exposed to it, but I find Asians the most racist of all races (racism!). The Chinese hate the Japanese, the Japanese hate Koreans, and the Koreans hate the Chinese. And everyone hates the Vietnamese. It's probably a lot more dangerous telling middle aged Chinese people you're Japanese than it is telling people in 'Murka you're atheist, gay, and black (maybe they're blind and can't tell).
I understand what you're saying, but isn't this possible... certainly not ALL Asians are like that, but you're just exposed more to the ones that are because they're the loudest about it. It's very rare to hear people yelling about how much they LOVE another group. Because when people like people, they're likelier to be chill about it. So I say focus on the positive! Imagine all the Asians who are quiet. Also, you don't even have to imagine... there are billions of Asians, and I haven't heard a peep from MOST of them.

But also, thanks for listening! And having joking fun here on this board with me.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Certainly not all Asians are super racist (maybe post Crisis on Infinite Earths Superman level racist), but I definitely feel it's more prevalent. I lived in China until I was 7 and go back to visit relatives every few years. I've literally had Chinese people yell at me and come close to attacking me for being siding with "Jap devils" for playing a Japanese video game on the bus in China. I've heard Japanese store clerks whispering to their co-workers about charging me more 'cause I looked Korean in Japan. Never been to Korea and Vietnam, but you know how those dirty Viets are. :v (But their pho is so good and possibly carcinogenic and/or made with crack.)

On a more serious note, it's the old people who really endorse it. Chinese are still angry about WW2. Japanese are angry at Koreans taking job opportunities. Koreans are crazy. I wonder why the rest of the world stopped hating Germany.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Koreans are crazy.
yep.

Quote:
I wonder why the rest of the world stopped hating Germany.
Their cars, their beer, their guns, their economy.

Kind of balances out trying to exterminate an entire race.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Certainly not all Asians are super racist (maybe post Crisis on Infinite Earths Superman level racist), but I definitely feel it's more prevalent. I lived in China until I was 7 and go back to visit relatives every few years. I've literally had Chinese people yell at me and come close to attacking me for being siding with "Jap devils" for playing a Japanese video game on the bus in China. I've heard Japanese store clerks whispering to their co-workers about charging me more 'cause I looked Korean in Japan. Never been to Korea and Vietnam, but you know how those dirty Viets are. :v (But their pho is so good and possibly carcinogenic and/or made with crack.)

On a more serious note, it's the old people who really endorse it. Chinese are still angry about WW2. Japanese are angry at Koreans taking job opportunities. Koreans are crazy. I wonder why the rest of the world stopped hating Germany.
that is crazy! all right, you heard it from an asian, asians are racist! but mostly only to each other? which i might just call "mean."

and not everyone stopped hating germany. talk to some old jews. my grandmother will never buy a german car, for example.