Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you been married and divorced within a year?
Yes 1 2.50%
No 39 97.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree24Likes

Old 08-13-2018, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2921: Happy Never After w/ Mara Marek

7 engagements and 3 divorces; physical spousal abuse; cross-country biking for battered women; sex club fighting

Guest:
Mara Marek

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ya'll remember when Mara made up a story about getting drugged/kidnapped into a sex slave ring where she was forced to have sex with rich/powerful politicians then somehow escaped and was now working with the FBI to expose the members of the sex ring?

yea that was goofy
Scrumpty and critter2003 like this.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
Ya'll remember when Mara made up a story about getting drugged/kidnapped into a sex slave ring where she was forced to have sex with rich/powerful politicians then somehow escaped and was now working with the FBI to expose the members of the sex ring?

yea that was goofy
I remember this story from somewhere. Was it here? Or maybe it was "guys we fucked"...

It was fake?
Old 08-14-2018, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Geez, this episode. I was in shock as Mara started telling her story. I felt unsettled and a little anxious throughout. It was really interesting, of course, but hard to listen to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
She is very sweet and does good work, but I think she is better as a friend than as a girlfriend.
Waking your partner up at 3 am to talk about problems? No thank you. Sounds like torture.
I think there's more to it. Some people don't like to talk about issues right after an argument and tell their partner they want to discuss it later on. Perhaps they need to go to work, it's late, or they just feel like discussing it the next day when they are more clear-headed. Some people say this truthfully. Others are trying to avoid everything so they pretend you'll discuss it later, but it never happens. Little things start to add up.

Some people like to deal with issues immediately, otherwise they can't sleep out of worry. Worried about the fight they just had, whether or not their relationship is OK, worried about what their partner thinks of them. Their mind is racing and they're not able to think about activities (reading, watching a show, listening to some music, smoking weed, whatever) that could help them calm down before sleeping. The only thing that will ease their mind is to talk about whatever is bothering them. If you can find someone who matches your way of dealing with issues, you've lucked out. Or if you haven't found that person, hopefully you can learn about different ways of dealing with and resolving issues.

Of course 3 am is in the middle of the night (if you have a regular lifestyle) and not everyone would be willing to deal with it. I don't blame her for having anxiety though. Oof, those relationship and family stories.
porky2468 and Apia like this.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

I won't link to Pat Dixon but I will link to a KATG forum post that links to Pat Dixon. PS: I'm with Chemda on this - some people change and are worthy of forgiveness.
porky2468 and critter2003 like this.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Well, next week's Last Week on KATG is going to be interesting.
Keith, Bucho, Piscean and 2 others like this.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Keith said it best.

https://m.imgur.com/a/vCSyL7G

Old 08-15-2018, 03:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Was it mentioned on this episode? I don't remember hearing it but it seems odd it wasn't brought up. Unless they didn't know this was the woman in that story?
Old 08-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

You have Mara on and don’t talk about her instagram? Cmon guys lol Loved the episode! Love what she’s doing.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

"It's like someone broke a ketchup bottle on the front of your head, y'know what I mean?" - THIS! This was the point where I just burst out loud laughing. Even though Keith gets crap for doing stand up once a year, his comedic timing and delivery of a joke on even a sensitive subject is just so perfectly executed. The whole time I'm thinking about what a mess Mara's interpersonal abilities are and Keith just goes in for the kill but in such a hilarious and disarming way that you can't help but laugh at it. Chemda's ability to also go along with it and diffuse the tension that the joke came from is amazing. I have been listening since the double digit episodes (I think the first one was "Crazy. White. People") and it's moments like these that just make me so happy that I continue to listen to you both. Don't usually participate in the forums as much but I had to comment on this.

You two are amazing.
Keith, Bucho, Lanfear and 4 others like this.