Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Has a situation in your life dramatically changed within the last 4 months?
Yes 13 59.09%
No 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree36Likes

Old 11-13-2023, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3743: The Marvels

Keith’s perfect weekend! John Travolta’s Saturday Night Fever Capital One spoof! Beating off in movie theaters! Husbands cheating on their wives with their wives’ mothers! Professors calling bestiality ethical! Your emails! This week is getting started in a big bad way. Enjoy!

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and mxmalloryjane like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Nobody gets a hotdog at the Taylor Swift Concert

I watch eras live stream on TikTok and this weekend did not disappoint.

Taylor changed lyrics to “karma is the guy on the chiefs coming home to me” - she giggled the lyric making it all the more precious.

She also plays two surprise songs at every show. One on guitar and one on piano. She played a song from Reputation album on piano where the lyrics are along the lines of “I want to be your first string, I want to be your A-team, I want to be your end game” and other cute references that just make the relationship with Travis so perfect for these moments. The girls on TikTok were dying dead - including me. So precious to see Taylor happy

Scott, Taylor’s dad was standing next to Travis during the concert. Despite the concert being about three hours long nobody went to get hotdogs or even a chicken tender with ketchup and seemingly ranch.

Scott was wearing a Chiefs lanyard and it was super cute to see her Dad having a fun time with Travis like how we’ve seen Taylor hanging out with Travis’ mom and dad.

At one point the crowd was singing “Taylor ole ole ole Tay-Lor Tay-Lor” and Travis was chanting along with the accent on TaY-Lor” it was so much a vibe and absolute love.

Best part of the night was at the end we got a bird’s eye view of Travis waiting for Taylor behind the scenes and she runs up and gives him a hug and our first public couples smooch.

The PR rollout of this relationship should be studied. All I can say is well done kiddos - we stan ❤️
Old 11-13-2023, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Show Name

I vote keep Kieth and the Girl but add a question mark.

So it would be:

Keith and the Girl?

That way everything stays same for business purposes and the show remains the longest running podcast but the “?” At the end signifies the new era of KATG.

maybe there could be a year of Keith and a few different cohosts since it’s going to be daunting to find a replacement and will likely be an adjustment year (or longer) while finding the right fit. I’m thinking of when Kathy Lee left the morning show with Regis they had a long run of different cohosts before Kelly was picked and that made the adjustment a bit easier from my perspective as audience person.

I also like the use of a “?” As a quiet shout out to Chemda’s tattoo, and a nod to her continued legacy as a forever member of the KATG family and our OG “Girl”
Old 11-13-2023, 09:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Just found out Sad and excited

What a time to jump ahead when i've fallen behind on shows. I'm having conflicting feelings. I don't want Chemda to leave the show it makes me sad to think I wont be hearing her anymore. But the level of chaos that will ensue will make such great listening. I don't mean that Keith can't handle it, certainly there is enough work for both of them now. So Keith will have to do all of that until he can get a permanent co-host on board for all the behind the scenes work. I'm thinking this could be handled like the Daily Show hand off, a few guest co-hosts, have a little fun with the change. Have a few guest co-hosts knowing they wont be the co-host <cough Craig>. Have a mock election on the forums knowing that Keith can't be held to the results and he will pick who he thinks is best. <Cough Bianca>
Old 11-14-2023, 12:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The poll fits so well that it spooky.

July this year: my first interview for the position of network account manager neuroscience. I feel it in my bones that I want a bigger career and a senior management position.

Later: all the stuff. I have more interviews, I wait, the bureaucracy of the company is working. I get the job. I have to tell my supervisor and my old team. Talks about money and when I can start happen.
Lots of crying happens from my team and also me but also I’m very happy.
They write me 2 poems (!!!) and I got a coffee cup that says “ you are perfect” among lots of other gifts. More crying.
November 9: I start my new position officially at the neurology congress in Berlin.
ThePinkSuperhero and Bucho like this.
Old 11-14-2023, 02:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I didn’t chime in on the previous thread cause I needed time to sort out my thoughts.
I discovered Keith and The Girls during a pretty bad phase of my life. And it gave me something to look forward to, every day. It gave me a community, a fun, engaging distraction and so much more.
I have solid, long lasting friendships born out of KATG. I found a love that turned into a wife and the most perfect person I could find, thanks to KATG.
And to me what made katg special was the mixture of Keith and Chemda. Keith being the hilarity that exposes the idiocy, Chemda being the empathetic, humorous observer that points out the wrong while giving a direction towards the right.
So of course I am sad. I remember the email Chemda sent me about me making pesto for her ( small things but they made me smile) or the sweet ways that both Keith and her talked to me when my mom passed.
But I know that their future will be great, no matter what it will be. And I will support it. Always. So cheers to Keith and cheers to Chemda. Cheers to Keith and the Girl.
DWarrior, Bucho and craigish like this.
Old 11-14-2023, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Thank goodness Keith liked The Marvels. I loved it and had a bit of anxiety while waiting for the review.

(Spoilers! to anyone who hasn't listened yet)
Bucho likes this.
Old 11-14-2023, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

We should use that accountability app.

Just for suggestions for new things to jack off to.
Keith, Bucho and jcro21 like this.
Old 11-14-2023, 04:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

A lot of good, contentious issues brought up in this episode but one thing I know for sure that we can ALL agree on is that the work of Princeton animal rights Professor Peter Singer would be a perrrrrrrfect topic for Chemda's upcoming The All New, All Awesome OMAT Podcast with Chemda podcast to cover, since it will of course have a weekly "Fabulous Philosophy Fridays" episode which might perhaps maybe possibly definitely feature Myq Kaplan guesting on the show to carry on their series of philosophy discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
... I don't mean that Keith can't handle it, certainly there is enough work for both of them now. So Keith will have to do all of that until he can get a permanent co-host on board for all the behind the scenes work ...
This upcoming need for someone to do all of the admin stuff Chemda currently takes care could also mean a new KATG intern. Or three.
The Girl and ThePinkSuperhero like this.
Old 11-15-2023, 08:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I personally follow Peter Singer and like his Journal of Controversial Ideas. LGBTQIA2SZ