Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums HUAR! Command Center

HUAR! Command Center HUAR! news

Old 02-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Toy Robots

Forgive me if this has already been pointed out but...

Ya know those robosapien toy robots? Have you noticed the newest version? he can sence things around him and hear things. He even has a better grip this time.

Just imagine, everyone buys the little fuckers and gives them to their kids who are killed in their sleep by their "smart" robot. It's gonna happen.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have one of those. The V2 is alot smarter and its mostly aimed for adults in the market. You know like hobbyists.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhanFuto
He even has a better grip this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny15
The V2 is alot smarter and its mostly aimed for adults in the market. You know like hobbyists.
I'm sure the first thing they are doing is putting that 'better grip' to good use...

But yes, by targeting our youth, they are trying to convert the young and if that doesn't work, they have the infrastrcuture inplace to eleminate them. The lowered our tolerance with cool, but non-intelligent toys such as transformers so that when we became parents we would think nothing of giving our child a toy robot.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Human beings arent plotting our distruction. I don't think robots will take over the world. I think that there may be small bugs similar to that of a computer thaat causes a power surge, but nothing large. We're not going to be destroyed by robots. We're smarter than that.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Location: London, Ontario, Canada. Formerly Paisley, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny15
Human beings arent plotting our distruction. I don't think robots will take over the world. I think that there may be small bugs similar to that of a computer thaat causes a power surge, but nothing large. We're not going to be destroyed by robots. We're smarter than that.
Um human beings aren't plotting our destruction? You sure? I mean i'd ask Al Qeda if they had changed their policy of destroying the decadent western imperialist pig dogs in armerica and the europe, but i'd probly get killed on the way ;])

Oh and I think it's been well shown that if you give a computer a total AI without rules to protect humanity from being removed from the equation, any sensible AI would realise that humans are the problem, not the solution ;])
Old 02-23-2006, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

You know what i mean. Most people arent plotting our destruction, and especially by robots. Also what makes you think that AI will find humans as the problem. Were intelligent and we dont find humans as the problem except for a select few. Also if its a true AI then it will find that evolution creates man and the world is best with man or its basically useless. Yu watch to much science fiction.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Humans are the problem, every ecological fuckup is down to humans, either directly or indirectly, clear cut logging, nuclear waste, raw sewage dumping, massive herds of shitting and farting animals spewing methane into the air, massive amounts of nitrogen being pumped into the ecosystem, sulphur too, the CO2 is a moot point cos the methane is worse than CO2 and unless you get rid of the massively wasteful meat production we're in the shit there. Anyhoo doom and gloom aside, we're to blame for almost everything that goes wrong and any decent AI will see that as a perfect reason to get rid of the humans who infest the planet ;])
Old 02-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

But have you read up on what caused the ice age. The ice age was the rebuilding of the atmosphere. Basically when it gets bad enough an ice age corrects it. I'm not going to get into the details, but look it up. AI will recognize what the earth is meant for. An AI will find that in the long run that humans are good for the enviroment, but I agree with you on some points sch as how we polute and so forth, but again why would we program AI to analyze the enviroment and chose if humans are right or not, dont agree with science fiction so much. As I've said before robts will have cmplete manual shutt offs as a default. Though some of us are were not all idiots. When the geniuses make AI they will make a manual shutt off for sure.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

But all the geniuses arn't good geniuses...there are evil ones. Most geniuses contribution to society have been in weapons deveolpment so we can kill each other much more efficiently.

And I'm sure AI will determine we are good for the enviornment when it sees that we've nuked the planet over 2000 times since 1945...yeah great stewards of the earth we are.

And whether or not the 'intent' of the humans is good...it still doesn't prevent the best intentions from turning out bad.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

An Ice Age only assumes that the Earth's climate won't fall into the runaway greenhouse. Also the last ice age had nothing to do with rebuilding the atmosphere, it was a period when the earth's wobble and rotation put it at it's furthest from the Sun and at it's worst angle for absorbtion of the Sun's heat. Oh and most ice ages lasted a few 10s of thousands of years, good luck humanity surviving that with any ease ;]) There's only so much space around the tropical and equatorial regions. Book now to avoid disappointment ;])